Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Added a SS spoiler to the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the paint job like on this spoiler?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
What's the paint job like on this spoiler?
the paint came in mint shape and looks like oem quality. they come wrapped in bubble wrap and foam in a box for protection of the paint.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Added a SS spoiler to the car-forumrunner_20140107_203929.png

I love how the ss spoiler changed the look. I think it looks good pewter on my nbm.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

I will be installing my oem SS spoiler on 98 Z28 when it warms up around here does your spoiler have the led brake light's in it and did they light up without any issue's when connected. Some guys when putting on SS spoilers said it did not work without some change in electrical others said just connect up to the two prong connecter and go. Not messed with it yet to pop the plastic interior cover the inside of my garage is a little cool now at about -5 degrees don't want to crack anything those pine tree plugs mite be a little stiff
Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by websdown
I will be installing my oem SS spoiler on 98 Z28 when it warms up around here does your spoiler have the led brake light's in it and did they light up without any issue's when connected. Some guys when putting on SS spoilers said it did not work without some change in electrical others said just connect up to the two prong connecter and go. Not messed with it yet to pop the plastic interior cover the inside of my garage is a little cool now at about -5 degrees don't want to crack anything those pine tree plugs mite be a little stiff
mine works with no problem, this spoiler came with two wires that you splice your oem connector and just plug it in.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

So did you have it painted, or it came painted when you bought it on ebay?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

If you are asking about mine I bought mine from private party up here It came off 2002 red SS Had it painted at chev dealer in Chaska Minn looks swirlless can't wait to get it on. They said when I get it on drive down and we will detail it whatever you want.Paid $200 for spoiler $125 for the paint its like a mirrior. I love to hate my Blackie it's work but you really get the looks when its done right. First time I detailed it it took close to 10 hrs total with all the right steps . A great learning experance With the right products I don't know if you could screw it up.Porter Cable7424 flawless when you get the right pads and meiguairs 105 & 205. There is not a single swirl in it after 2 years. If you use. ULTIMA WATER LESS WASH CONCENTRATE before its covered up to get dust and road and brake dust off afer EVERY cruise. YA its overkill but worth it Rememer not a swirl in after 2 yrs I converted a few at CAR CRAFT this last summer on this product. No I don't sell or work for them.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

I order a spoiler company ss spoiker for my car last spring. By the time july was here the paint was cracking and bubbling in spots. I contacted spoilercompany several time about it but was ignored.

Was really depressing do to the fact that it fit well and the paint matches real good.

Anyways just a heads up, it look good and I hope you dont have the same issues I did.

Quick Reply: Added a SS spoiler to the car