Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which color demon eyes should i pick?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a similar problem with ups this month. the shipment was stuck in lenexa ks for almost 3 weeks due to adverse weather conditions. ups wouldn't give me any answer other than they were behind because of the weather.

I finally called the vendor today and they shipped out a second shipment and started the claim with ups.

I would just call TRS and let them deal with it
Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to UPS and they said they can't tell me an exact date right now but the dude said in his opinion he believes it will be here on Monday based on his ''experience''. I was just bummed out because I planned on being able to get this project done on my days off. But it will get done next week, no doubt.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badbird
i had a similar problem with ups this month. the shipment was stuck in lenexa ks for almost 3 weeks due to adverse weather conditions. ups wouldn't give me any answer other than they were behind because of the weather.

I finally called the vendor today and they shipped out a second shipment and started the claim with ups.

I would just call TRS and let them deal with it
Good lord, I hope I don't have that same problem. If I don't get my package my Monday then I will do just that. I already wrote a message to TRS this morning explaining my situation but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I will call them if my package is still stuck my Monday and ask them to sent me a new shipment and I won't have it shipped via UPS. I am trying to stay optimistic and trust the dude I spoke with from UPS and hope they arrive Monday. Will keep you posted
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

good luck, the lady i talked to got an attitude with me and told me she had no idea when or if i would get it.

It will be worth the wait though. ive got a set of the minis in my silverado and it is one of the best mods i've done to it
Old 02-21-2014, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the explanation i figured it out at last lol this shouldn't effect the light at all right? it just looks red when the light is off? funny how am doing exactly the same thing..i just took my projectors off and painted my housing flat black! keep this updated. i might paint mine red too!!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
thanks for the explanation i figured it out at last lol this shouldn't effect the light at all right? it just looks red when the light is off? funny how am doing exactly the same thing..i just took my projectors off and painted my housing flat black! keep this updated. i might paint mine red too!!
Yes, as long as you only paint the side of the shield that faces the lens, it will not effect the light output. Mask off the tippy top of the shield where the cutoff is. If it gets any paint lumps on the top of the shield, it will show in the cutoff. Please post your results! Ya, you can only see the color in the lens at certain angles depending on how the light is hitting it. If you decide to not mask the top of the shield off when you paint it, just run a piece of sand paper along the top of the shield to get any excess paint off the cutoff.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badbird
good luck, the lady i talked to got an attitude with me and told me she had no idea when or if i would get it.

It will be worth the wait though. ive got a set of the minis in my silverado and it is one of the best mods i've done to it
That's pretty shitty. Luckily, the guy I spoke to was very nice and he seemed quite confident that I should get my projectors on Monday. I hope he is right!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Baker
Yes, as long as you only paint the side of the shield that faces the lens, it will not effect the light output. Mask off the tippy top of the shield where the cutoff is. If it gets any paint lumps on the top of the shield, it will show in the cutoff. Please post your results! Ya, you can only see the color in the lens at certain angles depending on how the light is hitting it. If you decide to not mask the top of the shield off when you paint it, just run a piece of sand paper along the top of the shield to get any excess paint off the cutoff.
good idea on the tip of the cutoff shield. i will definitely mask..i might get a little crazy and do red leds to make them pop more! any idea where to place those? or how many to put? am kinda loving them as am googling!! everything should be ready tomorrow
Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Give me a sec to find the thread I was looking at where a dude put LEDs in the Mini H1s
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Give me a sec to find the thread I was looking at where a dude put LEDs in the Mini H1s
that would be awesome! thanks a lot
Old 02-21-2014, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I took forever, I couldn't find the thread I was thinking of. But here is another example http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...on-eyes-how-to
Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

CHECK THIS OUT! http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ight=demon+eye
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

thanks for the links.

i got the leds, paint and glue..only thing is ive tried shining the leds against the shield..it doesnt look at good as it sounds :/ it only shows at one specific angle.. i also havent painted it red yet maybe if they are painted it would look better? i just dont wanna paint and then it looks crap. ideas?
Old 02-22-2014, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

guess what?

Name:  yflwcwd.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  0LnKXea.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  41.7 KB
Old 02-22-2014, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

guess what?

Looks great! Is this with the shields painted or just the red leds? If you painted the shields, can you take a pic with the leds off so I can get an idea of what mine will look like? Also, if you painted the shields, which paint did you use? I used this high heat brake caliber paint
Old 02-22-2014, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Looks great! Is this with the shields painted or just the red leds? If you painted the shields, can you take a pic with the leds off so I can get an idea of what mine will look like? Also, if you painted the shields, which paint did you use? I used this high heat brake caliber paint
i havent painted them am still undecided on the paint yet. sometimes when i look at pics on day time with it painted it looks rice-ish to me.. do you have any idea how hard it is to get ahold of this VHT here in Dubai? lol supplies are a pain in the ***. :/are your projectors there yet?

Last edited by omarrakeen; 02-22-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

i havent painted them am still undecided on the paint yet. sometimes when i look at pics on day time with it painted it looks rice-ish to me.. do you have any idea how hard it is to get ahold of this VHT here in Dubai? lol supplies are a pain in the ***. :/are your projectors there yet?
Gotcha, I forgot you live in Dubai. I checked the tracking number just now and luckily they are in the state I live in. UPS doesn't normally come until like 2 hours from now. It only says ''arrival scan''. I don't think they will get here til Monday though because if they were coming today it would say ''out for delivery''. I can't wait to get them so I can start with the painting of the shields and shrouds.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Gotcha, I forgot you live in Dubai. I checked the tracking number just now and luckily they are in the state I live in. UPS doesn't normally come until like 2 hours from now. It only says ''arrival scan''. I don't think they will get here til Monday though because if they were coming today it would say ''out for delivery''. I can't wait to get them so I can start with the painting of the shields and shrouds.
ugh i hate that feeling lol you need to trim some from the housing btw you might wanna start that before they are here
Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Talking

ugh i hate that feeling lol you need to trim some from the housing btw you might wanna start that before they are here
If you are talking about grinding down the tabs on the back of the headlight so that the projector can expose more threads, I did that already. I also grinded the three tabs on the inside of the housing that are around the hole for the low beam. I should have plenty of room now lol. I did this prior to painting.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

awesome! looks very clean well done. yeah thats more than enough. i didnt even grind the back.

Quick Reply: Which color demon eyes should i pick?