Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit TAX TIME GP***

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit TAX TIME GP***

***BLS 98+ Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Retrofit V2 Tax Time GROUP BUY***

GP GOOD THROUGH March 9th - Spots are limited!

We are pleased to offer the most powerful and best performing lighting system for 98+ Firebirds EVER available on the market. We will continue to offer the V1 as a reduced pricing option for those interested.

What type of lighting is currently available for 98-02 Firebirds?

1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.
2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor.
3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.
4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.
5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been the popular upgrade with the 98+ Firebirds and while it is a less costly option, the performance is still significantly behind a true projector headlight. Many systems will cause glare which is harmful to oncoming drivers. These systems also lack a bi-xenon option.
6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector.

What’s different about V2 versus our original V1 kit?

- Our V1 kit included a low beam projector from Hella, whereas the new Morimoto projector is a bi-xenon unit. The bi-xenon function is controlled via a solenoid within the projector providing both low and high beam mode all within one unit. HID lamps do not like to be cycled on/off rapidly so with the V2 kit, the projector does all the work while the HID system stays on.

- The new projector provides better low beam performance than the V1 and astounding light output in the high beam mode. The low beam cutoff step for V2 is more traditional versus the more exaggerated step of the V1. Beam width is increased and more light is pushed farther out from the vehicle.
- V2 utilizes the existing headlight bucket allowing for an easy installation and adjustment.
- As with the V1, this kit remains plug and play with no permanent modification required to the vehicle.

For our existing customers

- You can upgrade to the new system while retaining much of your existing BLS kit saving installation time and money. Those with premium systems can still retain their high beam projectors.

- Existing customers will re-utilize their clear main protective lenses, HID ballasts and relay wiring. New HID lamps and some additional wiring will be included with the upgrade setup.

- You must have your original, unmolested factory headlight buckets and hardware including the high tension spring. We can provide stainless hardware to secure the bucket trim ring if needed.

Stock - Low beam mode shown

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Performance:

DDM Tuning Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam

Morimoto HID system - 35W Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam - Shown on 67 Camaro and Jeep Wrangler - Both using the same projectors as this kit

Low Beam

High Beam

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Aesthetics – Courtesy of the Alchemist:

Installation:
Installation instructions will be emailed for each kit upon shipment and if you can install a new headlamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need. Tolerances are very tight on these vehicles in the headlight area however these were designed to fit appropriately.

Adjustment:
Since the V2 uses the low beam factory bucket, adjustment will be the same as stock. For those purchasing the premium kit with the high beam projectors, adjustment requires a little extra work. The factory top and side adjustments are retained however we include a third adjustment point where the factory spring resides replaced with stainless steel hardware.

Customer Pictures – These images utilize our V1 kit.

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing
*** If you do not have unmodified, low beam headlight buckets, the V2 kit will not work***

Existing Customer Upgrade: $250 shipped - **Must have existing, unmodified low beam buckets** - (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Morimoto HID Lamps – Specify (4500k, 5000k, or 6000k)
- CNC Machined Projector Retainer
- Split connector wiring
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

Standard V2 Bi-xenon - $525 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W Morimoto Ballasts (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $50)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

Premium Kit: Low & High Beams - $795 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors – Low Beams
- Hella DOT/SAE 60mm Projector High Beams – Halogen Lamps
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kit (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $70)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Aluminum Mounting Frames – High Beams Only
- Acrylic Hardware Cover – High Beams Only
- 65W Halogen lamps w/ PnP connectors (Different lamps available at slight additional cost) – High Beams Only
- Stainless Hardware – High Beams Only
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

HID Color Options (Low Beam Only)
4500K – White with slight hint of yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard and most popular
6000K – White with Blue Tint

Halogen Options (High Beam Only)
Optional Lamp Choices - Extra Charge Applies (Kit will include standard halogen lamps)
Yellow All Weather - 55W - $40
Ultra White - 55W - $30
Pure Blue - 65W - $40
Titanium White - 65W - $55

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through March 9th or until we receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and we will send you the payment information.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PM sent. I wanted to ask this again: What becomes of the stock sealed beam inboard high-beams once the V2s (non-premium) are installed? Do they just go dormant, or do all 4 lights (2 projectors + 2 sealed high beams) run in high-beam mode? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by eb110americana
PM sent. I wanted to ask this again: What becomes of the stock sealed beam inboard high-beams once the V2s (non-premium) are installed? Do they just go dormant, or do all 4 lights (2 projectors + 2 sealed high beams) run in high-beam mode? Thanks!
PM received and returned. The stock high beams will not be dormant but will remain functional with the V2 kit. When you click the highs, the solenoids in the projectors will provide the high beam mode and the factory halogen highs will come on just like stock.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks! So all 4 lights will be firing in high beam mode when selected, nice.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

All PM's received and returned! Thank you.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One day I'll be able to afford these, lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

This kit is amazing! I purchased it for my trans am during the last group purchase and have not regretted it yet! Install took a day with adjustment and beer run. Wiring was a little confusing but Brian at BLS helped out with just a phone call. Great customer service and great product! I have recommended the V2 kit to all my fbody buddies.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by doublea87
This kit is amazing! I purchased it for my trans am during the last group purchase and have not regretted it yet! Install took a day with adjustment and beer run. Wiring was a little confusing but Brian at BLS helped out with just a phone call. Great customer service and great product! I have recommended the V2 kit to all my fbody buddies.
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you are enjoying the kit. Spots are going quick.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would a set of replacement cover lenses be?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
How much would a set of replacement cover lenses be?
PM Sent.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Can't wait. I drive my car at night a lot and the stock headlights are junk.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

All PMs returned. TGIF bump.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
FormerVendor

Only a few days left. We have a couple spots open!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Is there a number where you guys can be reached?
Old 03-08-2014, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brigger18
Is there a number where you guys can be reached?
Pm sent
Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Everything is ordered and on its way. Thanks to all of those who purchased. If you have any questions about your kit build, feel free to PM or email us.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Awesome! Thanks!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Shweeet!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Just checking so I know when to keep an eye out for it, but approximately when should I/we expect delivery? I know you need 3-4 weeks to put them together, would that be counting from March 9th? Thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by eb110americana
Just checking so I know when to keep an eye out for it, but approximately when should I/we expect delivery? I know you need 3-4 weeks to put them together, would that be counting from March 9th? Thanks.
The 3-4 week lead time was from the March 9th date. All HID hardware, bixenon projectors, lenses, etc are all in house prepped and packaged. We are currently filling the shipping boxes for the various orders which should be ready to go by Monday at the latest for those who purchased the standard V2 kit. Prior to a kit going out the door, we will email a UPS tracking number and the installation instructions.

We are waiting on the arrival of the high beam projectors to fulfill premium kit orders. I should have these tomorrow or early next week but otherwise those orders are also just about ready to go out.

Right now we are getting the misc wiring pieces together to complete all of these orders.

Bottom line - We are on schedule

Quick Reply: ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit TAX TIME GP***