Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

99 formula

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99 formula

Recently got this 99 formula m6 hardtop with 85k. I'm glad to finally have an m6 car, haven't gotten to drive it too much recently but the times I have it was a lot of fun. Paint needs work, swirls and some light scratches and a few dings that aren't really noticable but I plan to get right. Car has ory with a flowmaster catback that sounds good but will most likely switch to duals since it won't be my daily. Unfortunately the car has some 20" Moto metal wheels on it lol.

I'm thinking about going with white accents, ie.
formula on doors, formula/bird on rear center, ram air, calipers, white/black inserts on rear then possibly last of the breed badges on fender above the vents.

for wheels,
17x9.5 black c6 z06
or
17x8.5 gunmetal c6 zr1

Other than those changes I need to clean up pretty much all the lights on the car. Hazed or moisture inside them. The driver side tail light has darkened due to it. If anyone is selling one send a PM my way please!

Here's some pictures, let me know your opinion and what I should do appearance wise! Thanks

Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm excited to see the progress you make. Congrats on picking up a nice Formula.

I won't make any comments on the wheels since I'm sure everyone else will
Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
I'm excited to see the progress you make. Congrats on picking up a nice Formula.

I will, but will be nice and not mention my feelings on the wheel design, and will just refer to the far to much offset of the front wheels making the tires stick out of the fenders.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a Formula at one time and I miss it all the time
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz

Thanks, I don't know what they were thinking when they put those wheel on it.

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I will, but will be nice and not mention my feelings on the wheel design, and will just refer to the far to much offset of the front wheels making the tires stick out of the fenders.
Yeah. Should have some new ones soon.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Glad you are gonna ditch the wheels. Personally I wouldn't do white. White accents stand out too much on a black car. I understand you want a little something, but for me white on a black car doesn't look clean.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Socket
Glad you are gonna ditch the wheels. Personally I wouldn't do white. White accents stand out too much on a black car. I understand you want a little something, but for me white on a black car doesn't look clean.
Really? I was thinkin white would look good. Possibly red instead? Red is common. I think I'd have to go with black wheels instead of the gunmetal if I go that route though

Last edited by Arctic_Z; 02-26-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arctic_Z
Really? I was thinkin white would look good. Possibly red instead? Red is common. I think I'd have to go with black wheels instead of the gunmetal if I go that route though
White just stands out too much. It's odd how black accent's on white car look ok, but I don't feel it looks good the other way. I feel it stands out too much. I like a clean look. Take the windshield and stripes on this car. Personally I think it would look so much cleaner and better without either. 4th gen T/A's look great with no badges on them at all.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Especially if you do black or gunmetal wheels, the white won't match. If you do gunmetal wheels and want some type of decals then I would do them in that color.

Personally I would tint it, lower it on some new wheels, and take off the door trim.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think grey would be better suited accent wise versus the white. If you plan on going with C6 reps I think 18s would look waaay better imo
Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Yeah I'm starting to agree about the white the more I look at it. I'll probably go with red. 18" instead of the 17" also. Later if I want stripes on the hood flat black wouldn't be too flashy and kind of hidden til you're up close.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool rare Fbody! congrats on that Formula.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Socket
Especially if you do black or gunmetal wheels, the white won't match. If you do gunmetal wheels and want some type of decals then I would do them in that color.
This. I like the idea of gunmetal wheels with the same color accents. Though I would limit it to just the Trans Am on the door and the front plate cover bird.

Don't waste money on new tail lights. Open them up and respray the reflectors in chrome spray paint. They'll look good as new. Then you can reseal them better than they ever were. There's a write-up for this on here, should be easy to find.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

In my opinion black cars look best with no accents, no badges (maybe just center caps on wheels), and tinted windows.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justin455
chrome spray paint

Quick Reply: 99 formula