Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Corbeau GTS II for 1998 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau GTS II for 1998 Z28

So I'm looking at getting some aftermarket seats for the my '98 Z28. I like the looks of the Corbeau: GTS II in black leather with a grey suede insert. Any idea how hard these seats are to install, and also thoughts on how it'd look if I left the back seat the way they are (it is a grey cloth interior). I figure going with these seats and them having the grey suede inserts might look okay with just the grey cloth in the back. Or do you guys think it would look mismatched?

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/gts_ii/
Old 02-25-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Remove the rear seats problem solved
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1. I 'd highly recommend to buy material from corbeau to match your front seats and have it done at a local upholstery shop.
You 'll be much happier with end result.

2. You can make your own custom brackets by using your factory brackets, but again I 'd recommend just doing it right the first time and buy seat
brackets from corbeau.

It will be much simpler and cleaner.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
Remove the rear seats problem solved
Unfortunately I quite often have more than one other person in the car. Otherwise I might just do that haha.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
1. I 'd highly recommend to buy material from corbeau to match your front seats and have it done at a local upholstery shop.
You 'll be much happier with end result.

2. You can make your own custom brackets by using your factory brackets, but again I 'd recommend just doing it right the first time and buy seat
brackets from corbeau.

It will be much simpler and cleaner.
I didn't actually know you could buy the material from Corbeau. I think I will do that then. Do you know if the seats are good quality? I read some things that people thought they were decent and some people thought they were really low quality. They look like they are decent quality to me. And I like that they have the same suede/leather combo that an SVT Cobra does....not that I am trying to make my Camaro look like a Mustang because that would be sacrilegious lol.

Quick Reply: Corbeau GTS II for 1998 Z28