Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How can I raise my seats, I'm too short

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

First remove the 4 bolts that mount the slider bracket to the bottom of the seat. Then get some square or rectangular tubing in the size of your choice, have it cut into short pieces about 1"-1.5" then drill a hole (slightly larger than one of the 4 mount bolts)centered in the top of each piece. Flip the spacer over and drill another hole centered in the bottom of the spacer, now insert one of the mount bolts up through the hole you drilled in the top of each spacer and thread it into the bottom of the seat frame, and leave it slightly loose; repeat on the remaining 3 bolt mount positions. You'll now need 4 more bolts same size as the top bolts but with the addition of 4 lock nuts. Finally bolt the seat and space assembly to the slider frame with the additional hardware, then tighten all the bolts & nuts.

FYI,

You could also just use longer bolts and stacks of large flat washers.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strip the seats to frames and rebuild the foam in the weak spots where it cuts into it, reinforce it with scraps of material i have done "the switch" as i like to call it many times to great success even when adding up to an additional (1-1.5 inches in some areas) of additional support/bolstering foam on the seat legs and lumbar without modifying the factory covers (leather or otherwise) in any way i know this sounds like a bold claim but if the covers arent ripped they will not need any modifications, and you can do the whole job with simple tools in an afternoon for the cost of less than $100 in materials from any fabric store even some walmarts lol ill try to upload some pics or a short vid soon so yall can see what i mean hit me up for more details
Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk9602
strip the seats to frames and rebuild the foam in the weak spots where it cuts into it, reinforce it with scraps of material i have done "the switch" as i like to call it many times to great success even when adding up to an additional (1-1.5 inches in some areas) of additional support/bolstering foam on the seat legs and lumbar without modifying the factory covers (leather or otherwise) in any way i know this sounds like a bold claim but if the covers arent ripped they will not need any modifications, and you can do the whole job with simple tools in an afternoon for the cost of less than $100 in materials from any fabric store even some walmarts lol ill try to upload some pics or a short vid soon so yall can see what i mean hit me up for more details
The seats are perfect and there's no sign of wear even in the drivers seat. I'll more than likely unbolt it and put spacers in or just swap in a power seat frame, but thanks, I could've used that a couple months ago when I pitched the original ones lol

Quick Reply: How can I raise my seats, I'm too short