Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 09:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Blksilvr
Is there a FB group for this ?
FB is too transient. Information is lost too quickly. I prefer searchable forums.
The following 4 users liked this post by VIP1:
FlorianGee (12-27-2020), RAMPANT (07-14-2021), scfbodytx (08-13-2021), wannafbody (03-09-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I was lucky enough to acquire a gauge cluster with a DashComputer installed last year from someone on Facebook. I haven't had time yet to install it, which seems like par for the course as far as I can tell from this thread.

I'm not sure if it's an OLED or TFT version. What's the best way to tell?

Also, LT4vert, are you still building custom gauge clusters? I'd love one like your original with the Corvette fonts, relocated idiot lights, LED lighting, blue needles, PLX gauge -- the works. I'd pay to have you reproduce that, if you're interested?

I'd send you the cluster I bought as a starting point. Feel free to PM, but I'm sure there will be others who would want to know whether this is something you're still doing and/or how much it would cost.
Unfortunately I am not, I sold my own cluster to fullfill an order, so I have my own cluster as a last build for spring. My career has been too demanding for me to do fun side projects anymore. I may pick this back up in the future if time permits. In a different form though. The PLX gauge is no longer manufactured, the only alternative(Banks) has a portrait dispay as opposed to landscape display of the PLX. Oliver constantly fights updating materials for obsolete parts used in the Dash Computer. My next gauge project for the 4th gens will more likely than not be centered around a Holley digital display. I will be moving to a Holley ECU soon, as well as well as the Holley cluster.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
FB is too transient. Information is lost too quickly. I prefer searchable forums.
I do too. I barely can tolerate Facebook lol.
The following users liked this post:
FlorianGee (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

I picked up one of the OLED's and just received it. I found a nice used cluster from a junkyard on eBay for half what others were selling it for and will use the overlay of it for the modifications as I will need to trim the overlay a tad from the instructions on the forums. It would be nice if there was a way to utilize the steering wheel controls for the OLED functions. I am sure with all the Android based screens out there options to mimic contemporary data systems will become available however I doubt they will work as advertised.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you updated to a c6 3 spoke steering wheel we are controlling the dash computer with those radio controls. The info and enter buttons to be specific. You’d need the module Fieroluke made to be able to use the c6 radio controls in our cars.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these still available? I would love to have one.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole Train
Where did you get the needles?
I still make these, if you’re interested.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 11_silverado_noob
Are these still available? I would love to have one.
My work schedule put the bricks to this. I dont have the free time anymore man.

Quick Reply: 99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen