Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 04:55 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Qcon and viking....stunning looking TA's. That diffuser in matte black really does add alot.

What am I chop liver?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSkull
Great looking diffusers IMO. I acquired the first production unit or whatever(has the signature underneath the fiber glass inside and a little paper in there), but the previous owner was trying to yank the ****** off the car when he sold it then left it half stuck on. I gave it a couple tries but both of the ends on each side start popping outwards when installing.

These diffusers adds such a unique look to the car, I'm gonna give it another shot now that the sun's beating down harder and hopefully that'll make the piece more flexible. If that don't work I'd be interested in picking one up to replace it. Will these units have a similar issue(excusing mine in case the original buyer flexed mine to much or something, I've seen a few threads where people were asking for help with the same issue).
Ha! The guys were laughing at me when I signed it lol... The customer asked so I did it lol.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
What am I chop liver?
Hush with you, I gush over your TA all the time
Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
^^Not taking orders yet, need 5 people ready to pay before we take orders (we usually actually just start making the product once we have 5 and pray for 10 lol). Fins need to be a little lower to help with airflow...
How many people have rogered up so far?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! The guys were laughing at me when I signed it lol... The customer asked so I did it lol.
It was a nice touch haha, I think the original owner asked hoping it would increase the value of the diffuser, and in turn the car. After I got the body I found all kinds of trick *** **** done all throughout the wiring everywhere you could imagine. I'd like to know just what he was thinking with how badly a lot of the stuff was done on it. I have never personally seen a worse car underneath than this one was.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I think it would be badass if the diffusers werent broken up by the exhaust openings... a 2nd option for guys running dumped exhaust setups
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ar0ck
How many people have rogered up so far?
Just going off this thread I think we have three. As soon as we lock down a car to take in and get started we'll take orders, then when we hit ten start production and after our first finished piece is done and we post pictures the price goes up so we can actually make some profit (eventually lol)...
Old 06-17-2014, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Qcon
Really makes a difference on how the rear looks.

I've always been more a Camaro fan, but that bird is just pure awesome
Old 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Just going off this thread I think we have three. As soon as we lock down a car to take in and get started we'll take orders, then when we hit ten start production and after our first finished piece is done and we post pictures the price goes up so we can actually make some profit (eventually lol)...
I'm a ghost on the forums, but put me down for one of the preproduction fiberglass ones once the ball gets rolling.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd be interested in a fiberglass one. Love the look they give. Would look sweet on my vert's ***
Old 06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey 6LE, I purchased one of these diffusers awhile back and just now installing it. Do you have any tips on how to get the diffuser to conform to the rear bumper's contour? The diffuser is too straight and rigid and seems as if the 3M adhesive won't be enough to "bend" it to shape.

Not to get too off topic but is the front lip (I believe it's ZR1-inspired) that Chaman photo shopped a possibility? I believe that would peak many people's interest as it's another option for those who like the no-longer-in-production WW lip and not as gaudy to attract those who weren't big fans of the WW lip.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Not to get too off topic but is the front lip (I believe it's ZR1-inspired) that Chaman photo shopped a possibility? I believe that would peak many people's interest as it's another option for those who like the no-longer-in-production WW lip and not as gaudy to attract those who weren't big fans of the WW lip.
Im the one that designed it, I just used Chamans TA.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Im the one that designed it, I just used Chamans TA.
My bad bro. Great work - I fell in love with the look!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 AM
On The Tree

I'm down with the rear diffuser would also be interested in the zr1 front diffuser.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by J LT1 TA
please take a direct shot of the rear.

I've seen a few talk about the fitment. I'm guessing it would be better fit with RK? If so count me in. I already know the answer but make the whole bumper lol

Attached Thumbnails Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ramair3.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ramair2.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ramair4.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ramair9.jpg  
Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey 6LE, I purchased one of these diffusers awhile back and just now installing it. Do you have any tips on how to get the diffuser to conform to the rear bumper's contour? The diffuser is too straight and rigid and seems as if the 3M adhesive won't be enough to "bend" it to shape.
Yeah, I tried the 3M , didn't work for me. So I secured my diffuser with 4 screws, 2 located where the license plate is and 2 at both ends. Underneath I used Christmas tree retainers. I took filler over the drilled holes and hide them. I used screws with a triangle shaped head and secured them with nuts at the back of the bumper.

Attached Thumbnails Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-diifuser5.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-diifuser4.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-diffuser-progress.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-screw.png  

Last edited by vikingramair; 06-19-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Banned

Really hard once it's cured... That's why we have people install right away and let it set in the sun. You can still get it to work you just need a heat gun to heat up the chemicals again...
Old 06-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Banned

^^Also as mentioned above, 3M the edges that face out (rear of the car) use the license plate bolts for the middle then use screws on the underside...
Old 06-20-2014, 12:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Really hard once it's cured... That's why we have people install right away and let it set in the sun. You can still get it to work you just need a heat gun to heat up the chemicals again...
Thanks, I'll try the heat gun. Any thought on the ZR1-esque front spoiler?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So the shipped cost is?

Quick Reply: Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?