Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?

We stopped carrying them because they were one of the products we had private labeled through an American company BUT that company had them made in China and wait times got to be OVER SIX MONTHS sometimes so we discontinued them...

We'd consider bringing them back, private labeled through RK Sport and 100% MADE IN THE USA, IF there was enough interest.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's this...

In fiberglass...

..and in carbon fiber...

Full pages here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=217

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=225

IF we were to do it the price would go up (China just is WAY cheaper than in the states), usually at least 40% (so expect $200-$300 more) BUT we're not doing it without prior interest as the molds alone in the states are about $5k+, and that's cutting us a 30% discount for being a repeat private labeler and bringing them more products (we already started our roofs and spoiler there).

We would honor our old price for the first TEN fiberglass and the first TEN carbon fiber diffusers WITH THE UNDERSTANDING that you're basically getting them at or below our cost just so we can get the ball rolling again and it may take us a month or two to get the tooling done and start popping out parts. Pro- You get a discount. Con- You pay in advance and have longer to wait.

So, all that being said, is there still interest in these?
Old 06-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Banned

One down nine to go lol...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

Any pictures of how the fiberglass might look On a black car?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd love to chip in, but I just can't afford it right now. If it goes through, I'd definitely buy one in the future at the raised price. Y'alls stuff is well worth it IMO.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:58 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought mine used from someone who never mounted it only because 6LE wasn't making them anymore, and I'm not 100% happy with the fitment, but I bought it 'used' so I was stuck with it. I'd be interested in getting a replacement if you made them again.

...and yes, that's the mythical smoked 3rd brake light which you can't find anymore.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickness7
Any pictures of how the fiberglass might look On a black car?

Not the best pics, I painted the diffuser semi flat black or is it semi gloss black?

Attached Thumbnails Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ws6-1.jpg   Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?-ws6-2.jpg  
Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Not the best pics, I painted the diffuser semi flat black or is it semi gloss black?

That is one good looking car.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

I like them and all, but even the old price was more then anyone but the most die hard guys could justify the cost on, I just don't see these selling at an even higher price point, I mean i've purchased entire fiberglass body kits for the cost of one of these diffusers back in my honda days.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's honestly not that bad for what you get. I'll have to talk to my brother about this one. His T/A has a nasty crack in the back bumper and this would cover it up and make it look nicer.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Not the best pics, I painted the diffuser semi flat black or is it semi gloss
please take a direct shot of the rear.

I've seen a few talk about the fitment. I'm guessing it would be better fit with RK? If so count me in. I already know the answer but make the whole bumper lol
Old 06-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

The old ones cured weird sometimes and then took 6 months to get replacements. These will be made 100% in the USA and fit perfect... and yes no whole bumpers lol.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Ok, how long will you run this? I'm ready to order but not sure if
It's worth paying now if there would only be 2 or 3 of us. Also if you don't hit 10 then the idea is junked, right? Is there any way to mover the fins up an inch. It seems as if they hang lower on the sides than the actual bumper. If you look at alchemist bumper.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

^^Not taking orders yet, need 5 people ready to pay before we take orders (we usually actually just start making the product once we have 5 and pray for 10 lol). Fins need to be a little lower to help with airflow...
Old 06-16-2014, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Really makes a difference on how the rear looks.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Great looking diffusers IMO. I acquired the first production unit or whatever(has the signature underneath the fiber glass inside and a little paper in there), but the previous owner was trying to yank the ****** off the car when he sold it then left it half stuck on. I gave it a couple tries but both of the ends on each side start popping outwards when installing.

These diffusers adds such a unique look to the car, I'm gonna give it another shot now that the sun's beating down harder and hopefully that'll make the piece more flexible. If that don't work I'd be interested in picking one up to replace it. Will these units have a similar issue(excusing mine in case the original buyer flexed mine to much or something, I've seen a few threads where people were asking for help with the same issue).
Old 06-16-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SSkull
Great looking diffusers IMO. I acquired the first production unit or whatever(has the signature underneath the fiber glass inside and a little paper in there), but the previous owner was trying to yank the ****** off the car when he sold it then left it half stuck on. I gave it a couple tries but both of the ends on each side start popping outwards when installing.

These diffusers adds such a unique look to the car, I'm gonna give it another shot now that the sun's beating down harder and hopefully that'll make the piece more flexible. If that don't work I'd be interested in picking one up to replace it. Will these units have a similar issue(excusing mine in case the original buyer flexed mine to much or something, I've seen a few threads where people were asking for help with the same issue).
Mark has addressed the fitment issue a few posts up:

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
The old ones cured weird sometimes and then took 6 months to get replacements. These will be made 100% in the USA and fit perfect... and yes no whole bumpers lol.
I agree with you though, the diffuser adds an awesome look to the rear of the car and I would LOVE to have one one mine. I just want to finish getting this credit card paid off and then I'll have more disposable income for things like this, haha!

Last edited by TechCam97; 06-16-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Mark has address the fitment issue a few posts up:
Jesus, I knew I saw him talking about that in this thread when I viewed it yesterday but skimmed through it quickly before posting today and didn't see it. Guess that's how it goes when you're an idiot.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Qcon and viking....stunning looking TA's. That diffuser in matte black really does add alot.

Quick Reply: Any interest in us bringing the Trans Am DIFFUSERS back?