Fully PlastiDip'ped Cars Thread -- DONT QUOTE PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoR294
That looks great. The picture we were talking about before was god awful lol
Originally Posted by 96z28_lt1
widow maker, i like that haha it was my platoon name when we went through basic training. I put 1 coat of blue on my sanded part of my car because i got lazy and decided just to wait until i can get a good paint job in the spring. IT peels off which is nice but i bought blue just to see how it looks and with one coat it just looks black haha. More coats would probably turn out better.
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I personally think the verdict is out regarding wheather Plasti-Dip harms the clearcoat. I hasn't been out long enough to know for sure. Plus, it may also depend on how long you leave it on.
Thats very true. I have a friend that works at a tint and vinyl shop and I've just seen first hand what it looks like when a wrap gets peeled off. Lots of residue from the glue. idk, my car only has 40k on the clock and the paint is immaculate. I didnt want to chance it. I may peel the white off this winter and dip it a different color. I really like the white tho.

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
Alright I keep seeing pictures of Widow Maker's car and I finally have to say it. I usually think that white is the worst color that these cars were offered in but that matte white is seriously one of the coolest looking F-bodies that I've ever seen.

(Widow Maker was also the nickname for one of my shotguns before I ended up selling it lol).
haha thanks man. Ive kind of been whoring the car off a lot the last little while. I really like how it turned out

The possibilities are endless with Plasti-dip in my opinion. I like to change things up a lot so I've got so many ideas running through my head I may end up being known as the guy with a Trans Am that has a different color combo every couple months haha Im going to be dipping the wheels on my dads Maserati here in a few weeks. The color should be killer
Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The white looks great. I typically thing Pasti-Dipped cars look like crap, but your car looks very good. I think a lot of it has to do with it being white. I've seen blue and black and wasn't impressed at all. I'd leave it white if I were you. Very nice looking F-Body.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
The white looks great. I typically thing Pasti-Dipped cars look like crap, but your car looks very good. I think a lot of it has to do with it being white. I've seen blue and black and wasn't impressed at all. I'd leave it white if I were you. Very nice looking F-Body.
Thanks man. I will leave it for awhile. I've got another color in mind that would look killer.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The white looks good Widow Maker. Also mentioned on this thread about Eastwood's Elastiwrap and today I saw Duplicolor has a product as well, "custom wrap". I have used plasti dip on my other car's emblems, no plans to use on my Trans Am.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using a clothing steamer has been found very beneficial when removing a stubborn wrap.

Quick Reply: Fully PlastiDip'ped Cars Thread -- DONT QUOTE PICS