Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Labor of Love for Sunday..

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Labor of Love for Sunday..

So I got a little depressed watching the Red Wings fail miserably against Boston today. So about halfway through the game I shut it off, walked outside. Realized it was almost 70 out, went back inside, got all of my Griots products, and proceeded to bring my car somewhere I could wash it.

The next 5 hours consisted of rubbing my bird down, rinsing, drying, etc etc, on to the fun stuff.

Clay bar & Griots Best In Show wax! (tough wax to get off by the way, arms are a little dead)

I'm working on uploading the rest of my pictures into my dropbox from my phone, but for now here's a picture for ya.
It still has a lot of swirl marks, but by hand I have no good way to get rid of them that I know of.
Also, the microfiber cloth I was using seemed to be leaving some marks here and there (like smudges)

Old 03-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Teching In

The following users liked this post:
vince72 (07-10-2024)
Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy clean bird! If only you lived near me, I'd have let you use my driveway/garage. I'm not going to miss the days of having to ignore the "no bucket washing" signs at the local pay and spray. Keeping white cars clean that way was bad enough, I couldn't imagine black!

I actually picked up my first hose today to begin my first year of having my own driveway/garage.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

your car looks great OP. Try out adams buttery wax if you want something thats easy to remove.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
Crazy clean bird! If only you lived near me, I'd have let you use my driveway/garage. I'm not going to miss the days of having to ignore the "no bucket washing" signs at the local pay and spray. Keeping white cars clean that way was bad enough, I couldn't imagine black!

I actually picked up my first hose today to begin my first year of having my own driveway/garage.
Oh I absolutely would have taken you up on that, I've never felt so weird washing my car in a pay & spray. I've always had a garage before, luckily this one doesn't mind if you bucket wash at it since it's on base and doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Black is a pita though, it was clean and shiny yesterday and it'll be back to "normal" today, kinda makes me go insane a little.

So worth it for that day of glory though.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zlow28
your car looks great OP. Try out adams buttery wax if you want something thats easy to remove.
Thank ya!

I'll go ahead and check it out tonight, might try it Friday/Saturday morning before I drive to Phoenix for the NASCAR race.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Destrano1
The next 5 hours consisted of rubbing my bird down

black cars look F ing amazing when detailed
Old 03-09-2015, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

So I got a little depressed watching the Red Wings fail miserably against Boston today.
You know, I was feeling the exact opposite thing about that game

anyways...beautiful car man, what wheels are those?
Old 03-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirstGen F-Body

black cars look F ing amazing when detailed
Hell yeah! So worth it

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
You know, I was feeling the exact opposite thing about that game

anyways...beautiful car man, what wheels are those?
Oh, well judging by your picture I'd assume so :p Boston's first goal that was shorthanded was where I decided we had lost, we're usually really good at penalty killing.. lol so if we were off our game there we were effed. On the bright side, beating Edmonton right now 3-1

Andddd thank you!
I honestly don't 100% know, they came on the car and I haven't bothered to investigate too much, I'll check for ya though.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car man ... Huge Wings fan myself so I know your pain but they seem fine. Good game tonight at least. Keep up the good work on the bird.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by palutZ28
Beautiful car man ... Huge Wings fan myself so I know your pain but they seem fine. Good game tonight at least. Keep up the good work on the bird.
Almost always a good game for us vs Edmonton, 8 straight. 3-2 now though, pp goal.. poo.

Thanks though!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Hmm. Well I'm okay with ending that game 5-2! Lol
Old 03-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Hm, so who wants to do me a big favor and list a GMMG exhaust in the classifieds for $550 + shipping since I can't post there

Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Ahh the wonders of owning a black T/A. They look amazing when clean!

The car looks great!
Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Oh, well judging by your picture I'd assume so :p Boston's first goal that was shorthanded was where I decided we had lost, we're usually really good at penalty killing.. lol so if we were off our game there we were effed. On the bright side, beating Edmonton right now 3-1

Andddd thank you!
I honestly don't 100% know, they came on the car and I haven't bothered to investigate too much, I'll check for ya though.
haha i am a die hard bruins fan, but i do like the red wings a lot. they always seem to be a good team each year and i respect babcock's coaching abilities, plus datsyuk and zetterberg are a lethal combo.

do you have any side pics of the car? can probably tell what wheels they are if you do
Old 03-11-2015, 08:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 354 Likes on 267 Posts

Little tip with the Best of show wax, if you are having a hard time taking it off you likely used a bit much. A little goes a long way with this stuff been using it since mid 2000 by hand and with a buffer. The good news if you do use to much, keep some of there speed shine handy, as what doesnt come off with a simple pass, spray the speed shine over and it will wipe right away.

Otherwise always use sparingly and it will be much easier to take off, i did the same thing the first time i used their stuff to though so dont feel bad. The shine afterwards though is so worth it I personally never used another product that had the same shine or depth, but i never tried Zaino or Adams
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
haha i am a die hard bruins fan, but i do like the red wings a lot. they always seem to be a good team each year and i respect babcock's coaching abilities, plus datsyuk and zetterberg are a lethal combo.

do you have any side pics of the car? can probably tell what wheels they are if you do
Sorry it took me so long but here's a picture of the wheel.

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
Little tip with the Best of show wax, if you are having a hard time taking it off you likely used a bit much. A little goes a long way with this stuff been using it since mid 2000 by hand and with a buffer. The good news if you do use to much, keep some of there speed shine handy, as what doesnt come off with a simple pass, spray the speed shine over and it will wipe right away.

Otherwise always use sparingly and it will be much easier to take off, i did the same thing the first time i used their stuff to though so dont feel bad. The shine afterwards though is so worth it I personally never used another product that had the same shine or depth, but i never tried Zaino or Adams
Awesome! I'll keep that in mind, I very likely did use too much. Hopefully I'll be washing it again Friday night since I leave for Phoenix Saturday morning. Don't know that I'll have time to clay/wax again but I'll at least use the speed shine so it looks sorta nice :p
Old 07-02-2024, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

While on vacation I took your great advice and cleaned the sides of my convertible top mechanism or well with a toilet brush and quick detailer. Then I re-oiled the moving points and it looks much better. Thank you again, great write up.

Quick Reply: Labor of Love for Sunday..