Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My twist for DRL/turn signal housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My twist for DRL/turn signal housing

First off please check local laws before attempting not responsible for your actions.Well just got my glass I had cut back today and couldn't wait to put it somewhat together. I had some decals made for a honeycomb appearance for DRLs and sidemarkers to match rear lights they looked alright but wanted something a little different. I cutoff lenses and painted inside of housing hi heat gloss black and finally found a black honeycomb mesh to lay under the tempered glass I had cut. Like I said not done its taped together for some pics I have to paint a black outside edge on back side of glass and seal with some black silicone. Really looks nice just sitting there unlit but glare/mirror effect makes it hard to take pic in garage. I have a housing still chromed also (whats left in there) I can take pics of together but I like the blackout effect. Hope to have wrapped up this weekend but car won't get out of garage for few more weeks because of a couple other lil projects on her!
Old 04-09-2015, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

THANKS! got them all done and installed just waiting for chrome bulbs to be delivered. Working on side markers but need to find some amber and red plastic sheets to use.

Quick Reply: My twist for DRL/turn signal housing