Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

'02 Silver Sebring Metallic Firebird - how to make paint "pop"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Default '02 Silver Sebring Metallic Firebird - how to make paint "pop"

I have an '02 firebird with the silver sebring metallic paint. i am really looking to somehow make the paint "pop", have some "depth"

I've been researching, and I know this color is a hard one to get to stand out. what do you use and are you happy with your results?

Seems like the "Menzerna" products yield good results - any suggestions??

thanks
Old 04-06-2015, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, first and foremost, in order to really get the paint to "pop", it needs to be defect free. That usually means a one to two stage paint correction. That will remove any spider-webbing and marring. Was the car with dawn dish soap, as that strips off all the old wax. Then, claybar the entire car, as that removes anything that washing it didn't. After that, step back and admire how flawed the paint really is. It truly is an eye opening experience once you do this. Then, you'll need to do the paint correction with a dual action polisher, and your choice of polishing products. I use Adams 1 and 2, with their matching pads. After the paint correction is finished, I apply Adams Brilliant Glaze, followed by their Americana Wax. The paint really pops after doing this because the paint it free of any flaws and contaminants.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the tips. and the fast reply. I have used the clay bar on it before, and my paint is in great shape. I'll try your recommendations. thank you
Old 04-06-2015, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've used quite a few finishing products, but I've noticed the best results with Adams. Their Brilliant Glaze, paired with their Americana Wax, is a really good combo. My WS6 has never looked as good as it does when I use them. My car is Pewter Metallic too, so it's hard to get that color of paint to pop like a darker colored car.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here are some pics of the car (last summer) will get out of storage this weekend.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polish is what you get your shine from. Using a glaze (part polish and wax) won't get you the full "pop" that you're looking for. Once polished, walk around your car and try to get all the holograms out. They are best seen in sunlight and hidden at all angles. Once those are gone you will want to seal that in with Paint Sealant. After those steps are complete, then you can use a wax to protect all that hard work!
For more details and tricks you can watch the Youtube videos of "Junkman2000"

Quick Reply: '02 Silver Sebring Metallic Firebird - how to make paint "pop"