Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone get a Superhawk from Roger lately?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NightHawwk

I bought an outlaw hood from him in late January, got it three months later. I had similar issues in communication, but I understand it from his perspective.

Far as I know, he is a one man crew. He lines up shipments, does all the paper-pushing, and all the ancillary BS of running a business on top of building fiberglass hoods all day.

WHEN I could get his ear for a minute he explained that the freight companies are always damaging his hoods and despite him being compensated through insurance, he has to rebuild them and is always behind.

All that being said, his hoods are the best of the best. Mine arrived in black gel-coat looking like a mirror in freshly painted black. You could only tell the difference on a cloudless day in direct sunlight that the darkness was ever so slightly lighter. I bolted it on and the clearances were within 1/32 in of stock all around.

Whenever I tell someone its an unpainted fiberglass hood, they are floored. I can post a photo in a lil' bit.
I know Roger's reputation when it comes to the quality of the hoods, and based on that picture you just posted, that damn thing does look painted to me. I'd love to see some better pictures if you can post them later. I'd personally have no issues buying a hood from him because it's not like I NEED it right away. I think anyone who does choose to purchase a hood from him needs to understand that it's going to take a lot longer than he tells you, and his communication is going to be shoty/non-existent. But, you will get your hood eventually, and it will look and fit great.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind the wait and I've seen he does great work. The biggest thing that bothers me is not hearing from him for two months. My car is getting a complete repaint and I'm waiting for the hood to do it. It'd be nice to just get a general time frame so I'm not sitting and twiddling my thumbs. At least I'm not alone in it. I would just try for a refund and get a different hood but they look so damn good.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I'd love to see some better pictures if you can post them later.
Unfortunately I don't really have better photos coming as I don't have a camera that is better than my phone's cam.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF8LTA
I don't mind the wait and I've seen he does great work. The biggest thing that bothers me is not hearing from him for two months. My car is getting a complete repaint and I'm waiting for the hood to do it. It'd be nice to just get a general time frame so I'm not sitting and twiddling my thumbs. At least I'm not alone in it. I would just try for a refund and get a different hood but they look so damn good.
There's no questioning the quality, Im sure I would be happy with the hood if I ever get it, I've wanted one since the original one came out years ago.

But, right now it's going on 6 months since I've heard anything back from him so it will be a surprise if I ever see the hood.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Teching In

How does everyone get in touch with him other than ebay?
Old 06-28-2015, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AF8LTA
How does everyone get in touch with him other than ebay?
Text or email. I have not heard from him in over a month through texting. Last I heard he was having some material quality issues.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Text or email. I have not heard from him in over a month through texting. Last I heard he was having some material quality issues.
Would you mind shooting me a PM with his email and number? I didn't get either from him when we talked last.

Edit, nvm. Got it.

Last edited by AF8LTA; 07-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a Superhawk from Roger lately?