Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Static....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burken01
Exactly, I never touch my car after I wash and wax it until it's getting washed again..

The only time I use quick detailer is if I see a bird dropping on it and I will clean that up with QD and a microfiber towel ASAP
Same here. Black is a serious LOVE/HATE relationship.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Let me tell ya,, if ya think a black car is bad,, try driving a white one. I had a black one and never noticed as much dust on the rear bumper as the white one. Sheeesh!
Old 07-21-2015, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
Let me tell ya,, if ya think a black car is bad,, try driving a white one. I had a black one and never noticed as much dust on the rear bumper as the white one. Sheeesh!
I have also owned both black and white - IMO, black is BY FAR more difficult to keep looking clean and proper.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guz
You should not need to wax that often as 845 is very durable. You may want to consider a spray wax instead. Too much wax can sometimes mute the look.
Yes, I know.

But the finish of this never garaged, always driven in any weather car, is NOT the weekend toy/garage queen PERFECT that most on here have anyway, so I opt for the protection aspect over aesthetics.

I am not even sure that there is enough paint/clear coat left to do a 'major' correction which is what it would need (and THEN some) to even be close to meeting the high standards on this forum.

Besides, the birds, pollen, dust, and 'salt soup' (in the winter) are the worst I have ever experienced around here (moved here about 3 years ago now).

As one should with either; 845, 476, or 915 all, I put it on in VERY VERY thin coats.

Last edited by dailydriver; 07-22-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy cheat

Did find nice way to get dust off. Went to local carwash. Rinsed dust off.... after I did that this wash has a spot free rinse option. Went over with that last then went for an interstate blowdry. If you have good wax on it it works great. No wiping....maybe a couple small touchups.

Quick Reply: Static....