Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

US Exotics Superhawk Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US Exotics Superhawk Hood

I am seriously considering purchasing a US Exotics Superhawk hood. I love the way they look, and I have heard that fitment of the legitmate ones is very good. Would anyone happen to know which seller on ebay sells the legitimate, "real deal" ones?
Old 06-17-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT "hoods4sale" they make the crappy white ones, the other one that has the BLACK gel coat hoods "USXdesigns".
Old 06-17-2015, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good deal. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Before you order one, you need to understand that you likely won't receive your hood for like a year after purchasing it. If you look down further on this page, read through some of the Superhawk/Roger threads. It seems like the hoods are great quality and fit great, but his communication with the buyer is sketchy, and the timeframe in which you actually get your hood is pretty crazy.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Before you order one, you need to understand that you likely won't receive your hood for like a year after purchasing it. If you look down further on this page, read through some of the Superhawk/Roger threads. It seems like the hoods are great quality and fit great, but his communication with the buyer is sketchy, and the timeframe in which you actually get your hood is pretty crazy.
That makes me kind of nervous... Would it be a similar issue with the suncoast raptor hood? I am trying to decide between those two hoods, and honestly it is the price that is drawing me to the superhawk hood.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1995_maro_z
That makes me kind of nervous... Would it be a similar issue with the suncoast raptor hood? I am trying to decide between those two hoods, and honestly it is the price that is drawing me to the superhawk hood.
I believe the Superhawk and Raptor hood are made by two different companies. You may also want to checkout VFN. They make a lot of different aftermarket hoods. Here is the thread I was referring to.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...wk-hood-9.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...er-lately.html
Old 06-18-2015, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I ordered mine on April 2nd last year and it shipped May 14th of that year and arrived several days later, it's just a matter of how many issues with materials he runs into and how many hoods he has to rebuild from scratch because of it. Honestly he might want to consider removing the adds till he gets caught up instead of taking new orders he knows he can't fulfill in time.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I ordered mine on April 2nd last year and it shipped May 14th of that year and arrived several days later, it's just a matter of how many issues with materials he runs into and how many hoods he has to rebuild from scratch because of it. Honestly he might want to consider removing the adds till he gets caught up instead of taking new orders he knows he can't fulfill in time.
That could very well be. If I were a customer who ordered one of those hoods and was told I was going to get it a month or two later, but ended up getting it 6 or 7 months later, I would be fine with it as long as he communicated that to me. I think the issue is that he doesn't communicate lengthy delays, which is one of my major pet-peeves. I understand **** happens and delays are sometimes inevitable, but when I give you my hard earned money, you better damn well tell me what's going on with the product I purchased and keep me updated throughout the process. That's what drives me crazy about buying used things on here. Some guys are great at communicating when they are going to ship, when it's been shipped, etc. and others are not.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last time I heard from Roger, he was re-making hoods that were damaged by the shipping company, and dealing with a gelcoat problem. I have never heard of him not filling an order, just takes more time when problems arise.

I understand this with my own business. I am so backed up I don't even want to get out of bed most days. Machines have been breaking down lately, spending thousands to make pennies it feels like. gone through 6 employees so far because they can't handle the work or they are just too stupid. So my bro and I push on to fulfill contracts 90+ hours 7 days a week and never catching up. I have been telling people for the last month that I am not taking on any more work and not bidding on jobs till I can catch up. Horrible feeling and I am sure this is how Roger feels.

I will not bug him about my hood, I feel confident that he will deliver, otherwise I never would have sent him $$. He's been around a long time now. Anyone who researches these hoods should already know to wait 6 months sometimes and that communication will not be quick. Personally if it were me, I would change the 2 week turn-around in my add, and if I got too backed up, not take on more orders.

Don't worry, he's rockin as hard as possible on parts, we will get them. Your hood will be that much more awesome when you get it.

I am not worrying about it, I ordered mine Dec 15 last year and know of at least 10 hoods that have been made since I ordered mine. It will happen, every once in awhile I get that itch and have to go look at the hood on google images.

Quick Reply: US Exotics Superhawk Hood