Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino VS Maguires NXT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 3,000.00 wax is for billionares with million dollars cars and 50,000.00 paints jobs, see where I'm going with this, 3,000.00 to them is 6.00 @ Taco Bell to us.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe DIESO
The 3,000.00 wax is for billionares with million dollars cars and 50,000.00 paints jobs, see where I'm going with this, 3,000.00 to them is 6.00 @ Taco Bell to us.

mmmmmm Taco Bell...
Old 06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Most Zaino users try new products on there secondary vehicles to see how they like it. Most Zaino users are **** as hell and will only use what they think is best to them, if they can find something they think is better, they'll use it. Most come right back to Zaino or never stopped on their "best" car.

Everyone is different, use what YOU think works best for you.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Kevin. I wish I could have said it that well!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kevin V 2002 SS
Most Zaino users try new products on there secondary vehicles to see how they like it. Most Zaino users are **** as hell and will only use what they think is best to them, if they can find something they think is better, they'll use it. Most come right back to Zaino or never stopped on their "best" car.

Everyone is different, use what YOU think works best for you.

Well I use the following

Zaino Z1 - Z2 - Z5 then top it off with NXT best of both worlds.

I have several observation after I NXT'd my car. I like zaino just as much as NXT, the both have unique properties. Zaino last longer, gives it more "shine". NXT won’t last as long but what I've observed over the last week where I didn’t drive my car because of rain, that with a coat of NXT on my car parked in the garage that less dust has settled on it then with just Zaino. It seems NXT keeps it more clean from dust. NXT also shows the Orange peel on my car more then Zaino and that’s one disadvantage, but I like the the depth of the look. I’m going to continue to use this sequence as it works for me, and I recommend others to at least try it.

As far as trying other products on my secondary car. No I never have. For several reasons 1 that i have a black TA and my 2nd car is a red 92 Taurus that’s a POS. 2 I'm willing to try any new product with a little bit of research and word of mouth on my TA. I'm not going to try turtle wax or anything ridiculous like that on it but I'm willing to experiment. But yes you are right i'll never give up Zaino, but I’m also staying with NXT.

Last edited by StavosWS6; 06-23-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I switched from Zaino to NXT due to the convinience of being able to purchase NXT at retail stores. Both are excellent products, but after applying a coat of Meguiar's #16 Paste Wax over several coats of NXT, my car has never looked better. The NXT/#16 combination gives much more "warmth" to the paint than Zaino ever did.

Josh
Old 06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i never tried zaino, but there is an nbm vette owner in my apt complex, and he is an excessive zaino'er. i have an nbm camaro. honestly, i don't think his paint compares to the way mine looks. some others in our apt complex agree with me as well. his car is two years newer than mine as well, but just doesn't look as good as mine. of course, i know how to prep my paint, and i wash the car when it's dirty. i know he uses zaino a lot, but i don't know about his prep work and etc. i also don't use nxt by itself, but instead top it with meguiar's #16 paste wax. i know #16 has a lot to do with lasting, but the nxt/#16 combo lasts a very long time. after 3 months, even though it still looks great, i reapply because i get bored. i think the consensus is that dark color cars and zaino shouldn't be mixed. i read that everywhere i go.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh
I switched from Zaino to NXT due to the convinience of being able to purchase NXT at retail stores. Both are excellent products, but after applying a coat of Meguiar's #16 Paste Wax over several coats of NXT, my car has never looked better. The NXT/#16 combination gives much more "warmth" to the paint than Zaino ever did.

Josh
yes. that's exactly what i just posted at the same time, haha. it adds depth and lasting ability. someone on autopia.org got 6 months out of his nxt/16 combo.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Hrm, I've thought about trying #26 on top of my NXT, but have never thought about #16. Guess I may consider ordering some, since I've never seen it anywhere.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many of you who have gone from Zaino to NXT actually took the Zaino OFF before applying the NXT? I am just wondering about that, because until you do, you can't say for sure how good it is. I am not doubting the stuff, but from over here, if you have to order something, you might as well order what you want.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

I've heard from “Joe DIESO” and others that you can't put anything on top of NXT because it has a lot of oil in the wax, therefore nothing will stick to it. That’s why I keep Zaino underneath the NXT. Or use the Maguire’s Polymer sealant then put NXT over it.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Oils don't really bother carnaubas, just most sealants. NXT is a polymer sealant. Sounds like you have been getting some misinformation.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally wouldn't layer anything on TOP of the NXT product. It would be a top coat if I was to use it in conjunction with any other protectant, I don't trust the wax/polymer blends when it comes to bonding multiple coats.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Lots of people do it with no problems.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuffluck
yes. that's exactly what i just posted at the same time, haha. it adds depth and lasting ability. someone on autopia.org got 6 months out of his nxt/16 combo.
this post states he uses the NXT/16 combo
Old 06-23-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
How many of you who have gone from Zaino to NXT actually took the Zaino OFF before applying the NXT? I am just wondering about that, because until you do, you can't say for sure how good it is. I am not doubting the stuff, but from over here, if you have to order something, you might as well order what you want.
I washed with dawn, clayed, and washed with dawn again before applying NXT. This appeared to have gotten the majority of it off.

Josh
Old 06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is a lot going on in this thread that needs explanation. first thing first - zaino is about the only product on the market that requires your car to be washed with dawn primarily. nxt, like most waxes, has cleaning ability. wash your car once with dawn and remove what it can of the zaino. if you haven't used zaino, don't use dawn. the nxt should do the rest, depending on how much zaino you have on your car. after you do this, leave your damn dawn in the kitchen and never put it on your car again. it's a very common misconception that especially runs rampant on f-body boards that dawn is necessary for cleaning off old waxes. most of the time, this is terribly untrue. zaino is the only product that needs a dawn step. either way, dawn is still not for a car, and many users at autopia.org don't use zaino for this exact reason: they don't want dawn to touch their car.

back to nxt: "cleaning" ability means that it has the capability to strip off old layers of wax/gloss/etc. if you don't believe this, apply a green coat of turtle wax, let it sit for a week, and then apply the nxt. the applicator for the nxt will be green after your first wipe of nxt.

secondly, 6][9, read what josh wrote. he clearly says he uses nxt/16.

and lastly, topping nxt is a great idea. yes, you are putting a carnuba on top of a polymer, but you are sealing the polymer on the paint so that it lasts longer. nxt will strip the 16 off when you reapply over the 16, but the vice versa will not work; in other words, the carnuba #16 won't take off the nxt, it will just seal it. the look is remarkable. you may not suggest doing this, however, if you have not done it, you don't know what you are missing.

go to autopia.org and read anything by "Scottwax" concerning nxt/#16 topping, and you'll find a lot of information and answers to most of your questions. and i'm directing that comment to no one - just the general audience who is interested.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Good post, tuffluck. There are a few educated minds on this board.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dawn does NOT remove Zaino. It will dull it some but washing with Z-7 and detailing with Z-6 brings the shine right back. Using NXT which is a cleaner product with mild abrasives will remove some or all of the Zaino due to the mild abrasives in it.

NXT is a blend of polymers, carnauba, oils and silicones. That gives the look of carnauba that alot of folks like and helps on durability that a polymer provides.

Tuffluck is correct in that Dawn is really only needed with Zaino, that is because Zaino literally bonds to the paint, so it has to be completely clean. With most products, they contain cleaners (including mild abrasives) and will remove anything on the surface, so there is no need for the Dawn.

Keep in mind that to "top off" with a secondary product, it must NOT be a "cleaner" product, as it will remove what you have as a base.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Chop-Foo Director

NXT contains only "slight amount of specialized cleaners". Nothing too harsh or abrasive at all.

Last edited by PendragonZ; 06-24-2004 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Zaino VS Maguires NXT.