Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dipped: Nebula Pearl Red.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Is your dick so small that you have to worry about what people think when you drive your car?

If his comments continue, he'll get a vacation. He has a habbit of pissing in people's cereal.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

The color is definitely unique, wouldn't be my first pick but I like that its different. I've considering dipping my car but I have never actually seen a car in person that's dipped so its hard to pull the trigger. I think I would go with a lighter blue or orange for my car, we shall see. Unique ride you have OP!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't a car now be dipped in pretty much any color you could paint a car with? I know there is also the option to have the finish cleared/glossy, which is what I'd prefer.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
If his comments continue, he'll get a vacation. He has a habbit of pissing in people's cereal.
Wow it was just a joke. Why so serious. Most people are pissed because I am godly and untouchable, and they are jelly, not because I point out the obvious pink color is obviously pink. I love pearl colors, any color. Hell I have acrylic rainbow colors painted on my front lip and fan shroud just for fun on my daily. I am not afraid of colors/rainbows/opinions, and you guys shouldn't be either.

I almost feel like when "they" try to hide something, that just makes it so much more obvious. If you are scared of opinions then why ask for them?
Old 06-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the color... I'm still trying to decide on a dip color myself.

What's your boost of choice?
Thank you Alchemist. Yes, when I was doing my homework I came across a lot of colors and was just about to settle for a variant of the matte white. Then when I went to the shop and they showed me their wall of samples, which was still just a 1/3 of the colors out there. Yea, I was in deep ****.lmao

My boost of choice is and will be way into the foreseeable future, will always be my Supercharger(Vortech V1 T-trim). The whine will never get too old and will never out grow me.

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
So was this a professional shop that dipped the car? I kind of like the color, but it would not be in my top 5 choices. Brien, are you going to try and do this yourself?
Yes, They are an official DYC Installer just outside North of Chicago.

Originally Posted by mac62989
The color is definitely unique, wouldn't be my first pick but I like that its different. I've considering dipping my car but I have never actually seen a car in person that's dipped so its hard to pull the trigger. I think I would go with a lighter blue or orange for my car, we shall see. Unique ride you have OP!
Thank you.

Last edited by Wing Zer0; 06-01-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZERO_POLLO
it just looks perfect, that color is great. Question what wheel brand and setup do you have? I really like the look of them
Thank you, much appreciated. Here is the link to a thread that I posted about them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ave-rears.html
Old 06-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Is your dick so small that you have to worry about what people think when you drive your car?

LOL
Old 06-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Can't a car now be dipped in pretty much any color you could paint a car with? I know there is also the option to have the finish cleared/glossy, which is what I'd prefer.
They now offer an auto flex option. Which essentially if you really love the color that your dipping your car in. They will add it to the mixture which hardens the dip and adds a high gloss look. From what was explained and showed to me, your car looks like it will have a regular paint job done. And in turn you can wet sand and wax it. All the while you can re dipped your car another color.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Launching!

What helped me decide eventually in the end and knocked all the other colors outta the ballpark. I like the color regardless for the record. But... when this color is under an overcast or not in direct sunlight. Which didn't happen when the shop had taken the pics. Is when literally it shines for me and the color becomes everything that Fonzie describes in the video(attached below)and then some. I think brings out the true look of the Trans am, for me atleast. Which adds to the age old saying " A Camaro looks like it will kick your a$$. A Trans am(fear bird)...well it looks like it will come over and do it".

Last edited by Wing Zer0; 06-01-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-01-2016, 01:17 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So did you do the nebula pearl over the black cherry base?
Old 06-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Love the color, love the car. In fact it was your car (back when it was silver like in your sig) that made me pull the trigger on the WSQ hood and Wings West kit. (will post pics elsewhere when its done)

It looks fantastic in the new color and if you are going to dip or wrap the car you have to go with an unique color otherwise what's the point?

Can't say it enough. it looks fantastic, probably even more so in person in the sunlight.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what headlights are those? the ONLY reason I didn't buy a T/A this time around is because I hate the ugly *** pop-up headlamps!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Launching!

So did you do the nebula pearl over the black cherry base?
2 coats Black 3 coats Black Cherry 2 coats Nebula Red Pearl.

Originally Posted by Strider74
Love the color, love the car. In fact it was your car (back when it was silver like in your sig) that made me pull the trigger on the WSQ hood and Wings West kit. (will post pics elsewhere when its done)
It looks fantastic in the new color and if you are going to dip or wrap the car you have to go with an unique color otherwise what's the point?

Can't say it enough. it looks fantastic, probably even more so in person in the sunlight.
Dam man. I don't consider my self anyone special. But, if I can have any kind of inspiration in a positive way, well, so be it. Like me before you and the one before. We all have taken inspiration through others at one point or another. I'm sure your Ta will be right up there once it's done. Thank you

Originally Posted by ec_nova
what headlights are those? the ONLY reason I didn't buy a T/A this time around is because I hate the ugly *** pop-up headlamps!
Breathless Performance headlights, others have called them Lemans headlights.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the color
Old 06-02-2016, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

That looks really good, I would do the lights black though being that your mirrors/wheels/spoiler is black but that's just my opinion. Either way looks awesome and love your wheel setup!
Old 06-03-2016, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Love the color, but severely dislike the headlights. You're happy with them, so that's all that matters, haha! It's amazing to see what folks are doing with dip now, especially with the new spray system and their new formulas that are more UV resistant. They have come a long way!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Absolutely love the color. Body kit is kickass and stance is perfect. Even the headlights are working for me which is a first with clear headlights. Very outside the box, you pulled it off. Well done.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Thank you.^^vv. I will say this about the headlights. Since I can dip them my self, after the works done to them. My wifey and kids would like to see them in black. If they don't like them, they said they would like to peel it off.lol
Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Well, look who showed up on Facebook
Attached Thumbnails Dipped: Nebula Pearl Red.-photo240.jpg  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool color! Looks good to me!

Quick Reply: Dipped: Nebula Pearl Red.