Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lt1 6le front bumper preorders

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Opened this thread back up, and no Mark had NOTHING to do with it. sweetbmxrider can go ride his Huffy somewhere else for the next few weeks and think about how he talks to sponsors that keep this board alive and running.

Carry on, gents.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I closed the thread not Mark. Mark actually told me I should have kept it open. I just don't like getting involved with trash talk I'm just trying to get some bumpers sold and cool cars on the street. Anyway I got some pre orders from other media outlets so hit me up guys the ball is now rolling.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Opened this thread back up, and no Mark had NOTHING to do with it. sweetbmxrider can go ride his Huffy somewhere else for the next few weeks and think about how he talks to sponsors that keep this board alive and running.

Carry on, gents.
Thanks
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
The new manufacturer is still overseas (otherwise these would cost double here) but we've used them for our G8 Cowl hood and our Super Car Bumper for the LS1 with no issues.
Do you guys still offer the supercar bumper for the LS1? It isn't on your website so I assumed no.

If you charged twice the price for a US manufacturer, I don't think that would be much of a problem if the fit was right. You'd probably get much fewer questions about the bumper and hold the crowd that would love to have it. I personally have considered the bumper many times but haven't been able to commit myself to the time it would take to get fitment just right until recently.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

I think the dude had some valid points. In the near future mine is coming off due to it fits like total **** on the sides*#savingmyunittoo
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Overall I'm happy with mine despite the fitment issues. I had to shave the lip of the fender arch on the bumper because my wheel hit it but it's not noticeable. It's too unique to get rid of and I like it Here's what the car looks like today.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2kblackgtp
Do you guys still offer the supercar bumper for the LS1? It isn't on your website so I assumed no.

If you charged twice the price for a US manufacturer, I don't think that would be much of a problem if the fit was right. You'd probably get much fewer questions about the bumper and hold the crowd that would love to have it. I personally have considered the bumper many times but haven't been able to commit myself to the time it would take to get fitment just right until recently.
We don't only because we have to stock 10 and the demand wasn't there. After this year (SEMA) we're going to try to stock and bring them back.

They were the first we used the new manufacturer with and had ZERO issues with them. After that we did a G8 hood through the new factory and something else (I can't remember right now) and all has been well...
Old 07-28-2016, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

No issues? Maybe in how they look like they have no issues but they still fit like ****. I have the newest one and I will post pics later and show what an award winning customizer could only do with it. Not worth the money or trouble.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
No issues? Maybe in how they look like they have no issues but they still fit like ****. I have the newest one and I will post pics later and show what an award winning customizer could only do with it. Not worth the money or trouble.
What are you talking about you never bought a super car bumper, they are for LS1s... The bumper on your car is from over 3 years and 3 manufacturers ago.

I also love that you never mention us offering to replace, fix, etc...
Old 07-29-2016, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are you talking about you never bought a super car bumper, they are for LS1s... The bumper on your car is from over 3 years and 3 manufacturers ago.

I also love that you never mention us offering to replace, fix, etc...
I got new stuff. Don't be a liar, they don't fit worth ****. You advertised new stuff so the cats out the bag. You sold me on new manufacturer, but you just fessed up,, same ol junk!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

He says he didn't sell it to me! Wait till I take pics of the side***
Old 07-30-2016, 12:14 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

I got new stuff. Don't be a liar, they don't fit worth ****. You advertised new stuff so the cats out the bag. You sold me on new manufacturer, but you just fessed up,, same ol junk!
If you have a complaint that's fine, but let's keep the comments professional and avoid any bashing or attacks. There will be no further warnings, especially since individual feedback on vendors doesn't belong in this section in the first place.

-Admin.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Both sides look this way. The installer said they had to remove material and add material all over to get it just to look like this. These guys have magazine spreads of wide body BMW's they have built, they are not amatuers*
Old 07-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Banned

Both sides look this way. The installer said they had to remove material and add material all over to get it just to look like this. These guys have magazine spreads of wide body BMW's they have built, they are not amatuers*
What's the name on the order so I can tell you exactly where it was in production?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

I understand both sides frustration here. And really hate to say this, since you have already said you had a great shop install this bumper for you. But look, I am also in the paint/body work industry for many years, and have worked on/fixed/owned MANY f bodies, including LT1 camaros. And I'm here to tell you that bumper without a doubt can be made to meet your fenders closer. Promise if that car came to my shop it would meet the fenders closer than it is now. Professionals or not, you can already tell in that photo that they also didn't adjust the hood and/ or space out the bumper to line up with the hood flush either. Their paint work looks great though. Aftermarket or not, it can be made to fit better. I'm just glad to know we have a company who is willing to make these things for our cars. Also, your car still looks great with this bumper.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

What's the name on the order so I can tell you exactly where it was in production?
Watts, Richmond Va
Old 07-31-2016, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badfbodyz
I understand both sides frustration here. And really hate to say this, since you have already said you had a great shop install this bumper for you. But look, I am also in the paint/body work industry for many years, and have worked on/fixed/owned MANY f bodies, including LT1 camaros. And I'm here to tell you that bumper without a doubt can be made to meet your fenders closer. Promise if that car came to my shop it would meet the fenders closer than it is now. Professionals or not, you can already tell in that photo that they also didn't adjust the hood and/ or space out the bumper to line up with the hood flush either. Their paint work looks great though. Aftermarket or not, it can be made to fit better. I'm just glad to know we have a company who is willing to make these things for our cars. Also, your car still looks great with this bumper.
To begin with I told them if it didnt fit damn near perfect, don't install it. So they called me and said it was tough but it was very close and looked great. So I have them leave the car outside and I pick it up on a Sunday and this is what I find. I liked to passed out! Now even though it drives me crazy and almost 2K in the bumper I can't bring myself to take it off yet. Love the bumper just not the fit.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Teching In

I have 3 pre orders as of now. If anyone is interested lmk.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine looked like this when I installed it originally but I was able to get it pulled tight and flush, and mine is from the very first batch which had tons more issues than future molds. I knew Mark was offering to replace people who had the poor mold but since I purchased it second hand I wasn't able to take advantage of that, which I expected. Nonetheless for what I paid I won't complain Once I get the car painted I'll have the body shop do a little glass work on it and make it look perfect.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm surprised they couldn't get it to pull up to the fender and just left it like that. I was able to get mine flush with the fender on both sides in the afternoon it took me to fit up and install the bumper. looks like I got a unicorn in a batch of shitty ones lol

Quick Reply: Lt1 6le front bumper preorders