Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lt1 6le front bumper preorders

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
To begin with I told them if it didnt fit damn near perfect, don't install it. So they called me and said it was tough but it was very close and looked great. So I have them leave the car outside and I pick it up on a Sunday and this is what I find. I liked to passed out! Now even though it drives me crazy and almost 2K in the bumper I can't bring myself to take it off yet. Love the bumper just not the fit.
Mark is out of the country with limited access to Internet. On his behalf I would like to ask you the following question; you said that you told the shop not to install it if it did not fit damn near perfect, and that they did install it and they felt that it looked great. Now if the shop was as good as you say they are then why is it that they installed it against your say so and they felt it looked great but you nearly passed out from disappointed? How is that a good shop?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Well when you walk through the door and they have plaques with magazine spreads of wide body cars they built you kinda take it that they are good at what they do. Multiple shops turned it down after the words Extreme Dimension! This shop didn't want it either after having Extreme Dimension tell them to cut a bumper in half and figure it out in the past. I don't know why they went ahead with it ($$$$) when they knew it didn't fit damn near perfect. They could have blended it but I told them no cause it isn't meant to be permanent. Your a great guy to play Dick Tracey for Mark I will add*
Old 08-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Well when you walk through the door and they have plaques with magazine spreads of wide body cars they built you kinda take it that they are good at what they do. Multiple shops turned it down after the words Extreme Dimension! This shop didn't want it either after having Extreme Dimension tell them to cut a bumper in half and figure it out in the past. I don't know why they went ahead with it ($$$$) when they knew it didn't fit damn near perfect. They could have blended it but I told them no cause it isn't meant to be permanent. Your a great guy to play Dick Tracey for Mark I will add*
Ehh sarcasm or not I'll take a complete where I can't get one. Dick Tracey was the man in his day. Although I think of myself more as a Roger Rabbit, I'm mean he was tagging Jessica...
Old 08-03-2016, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Nothing wrong with that
Old 08-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Well when you walk through the door and they have plaques with magazine spreads of wide body cars they built you kinda take it that they are good at what they do. Multiple shops turned it down after the words Extreme Dimension! This shop didn't want it either after having Extreme Dimension tell them to cut a bumper in half and figure it out in the past. I don't know why they went ahead with it ($$$$) when they knew it didn't fit damn near perfect. They could have blended it but I told them no cause it isn't meant to be permanent.
The guy who did the magazine spread does the late model BMW's and Italian cars that come through the door. (He may not even be there anymore - but its real easy for the glossies to stay up on the wall.) I would expect that the new kid, just out of school, (or just kicked out of school) is the one who gets assigned the jobs for the 20-30 year old classic-someday-maybe cars that come rolling in.

These cars are hard for people who work on modern vehicles to deal with. I live in a high density environment, which means I frequent the body shop. Every time I pull in, the guys down a gallon of Pepto and we sit down together and walk through the procedures that need to be followed to work with the body panels. (Because they are so foreign to the modern cars they are now seeing.)

If you have someone who understands how the car is put together - or has access to the proper body manual, (and isn't trying to figure it out themselves) then you'll likely get a much different result.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:47 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
These cars are hard for people who work on modern vehicles to deal with. I live in a high density environment, which means I frequent the body shop. Every time I pull in, the guys down a gallon of Pepto and we sit down together and walk through the procedures that need to be followed to work with the body panels. (Because they are so foreign to the modern cars they are now seeing.)
Are 4th gens really THAT old?! I remember buying these cars brand new, which doesn't seem like too long ago. I guess that means I'm old too.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Are 4th gens really THAT old?! I remember buying these cars brand new, which doesn't seem like too long ago. I guess that means I'm old too.
Yea - They are THAT old! By extension - we are that old, too.

I still need to have more body work done this fall. I should take a picture of my car lined up next to the late model Lambos, Ferraris, Teslas, BMW's, and Mercedes. My car might as well be a Model T sitting in the shop.

When I walk in, I'm the source of angst because the car is going to be so "hard" to work on and find parts. (I know well enough to show up with the parts ahead of time, now.) When I walk out, I'm a celebrity because I have the cool "old" car.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
We don't only because we have to stock 10 and the demand wasn't there. After this year (SEMA) we're going to try to stock and bring them back.

They were the first we used the new manufacturer with and had ZERO issues with them. After that we did a G8 hood through the new factory and something else (I can't remember right now) and all has been well...
Really hope y'all get them back in stock, I was hoping to pick one up for my car in the near future.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask and you shall receive (to the OP, I lost your e-mail but I have one reserved for you if you want it, drop me an e-mail first though)...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=246

Also, it's just me at the company now (Gil is moving on) so all e-mails send to mark@6LEDesigns.com

I still have an obsession with the old ladies so right now the LT1 and LS1 front bumpers are back for a ten run as is the targas... I still love these cars
Old 09-18-2016, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Wow this sucks! I just sold the car! Someone came up to me loved the car, shot me a crazy offer and stuck to it. I had immediate sellers regret but it was good money. I think I'm going to get a ls1 ws6 next.... thanks tho 6litereater. Listen I'm gonna shoot you the emails of some people I know who wanted them so I don't leave you dry.

Quick Reply: Lt1 6le front bumper preorders