Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am Fog Light Delete + LED Halo Ring

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017 | 01:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I'm actually going to take my rings, and glue them to the intercooler on my car.

Old 07-31-2018 | 12:04 PM
Teching In

Default Morimoto lights

How did you install/keep the Morimoto's in place and how well have the stayed for you?
Old 08-10-2018 | 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trent Nelson
How did you install/keep the Morimoto's in place and how well have the stayed for you?
I tried hot glue, which worked right up until I washed the car. I ended up drilling three small holes in each fog light housing and used small clear zip ties to hold the rings in place. You can't even see the zip ties and they're not going anywhere!
Old 08-10-2018 | 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

morimotos look much better. nice work
Old 08-14-2018 | 05:05 PM
Launching!

I wonder how big the openings are in the bumper of an LS1 camaro fog light opening. Smaller for sure.. just wondering how much smaller. Anybody have any idea ?
Old 10-21-2018 | 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Took out my fog lights when I got MWC lightweight bumper support and never bothered to put them back on. Liked the simplistic look but always felt like it needed something. Buddy of mine hooked me up with some BRIGHT angel eyes he used on his bimmer and after trying them, I really like the look. Pics don't do it justice, at night they're brighter than the original fog lights

Attachment 585892

Attachment 585893

Attachment 585894

Wired them to the fog light switch and also made it on its own circuit so the fog light switch works regardless if the headlights are turned on or off.

Still don't know how to mount them, right now I'm using scotch tape...
would you mind sharing how you wired your fog lights to come on regardless of headlights being on? Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2018 | 06:05 PM
On The Tree

I think the whole car looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2018 | 06:10 PM
Launching!

I tried hot glue, which worked right up until I washed the car. I ended up drilling three small holes in each fog light housing and used small clear zip ties to hold the rings in place. You can't even see the zip ties and they're not going anywhere!
Watch out for the lower quality zip ties though. The heat and cold cycles will get to them and eventually they get brittle and fall off..
Old 10-26-2018 | 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Why would you not mount them inside the housing? Hot glue and drilling holes with zip ties? Put the halo ring inside for a oem look.
Old 10-27-2018 | 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

I like the fact that now you can have a straight-shot opening to the radiator via the original fog light holes! This would be most beneficial on my application with the hot running LT1. However, I was thinking about just using online specialty LED bulbs to replace my incandescent fog light bulbs. The site I can buy them from can install 30 bright output LEDs on a bulb unit and I imagine the light output would be close to yours with the Morimotos. Also, I would want an opening to my radiator so any air blowing by the fog lights would be used for the radiator.

I will admit, what you have looks cool as hell and is much better being totally rounded off. I would need time to think about it since I am so used to those fog lights on my LT1 Trans Am but again, you can't deny the advantage of having open holes for air to directly cool the radiator.
Old 10-27-2018 | 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by EnergyCC
I wonder how big the openings are in the bumper of an LS1 camaro fog light opening. Smaller for sure.. just wondering how much smaller. Anybody have any idea ?
I just did a quick search of the size of the fourth gen Camaro LS1 fog lights and yeah, they are significantly small! I am not sure they even sell a halo fog light for the factory fog lights on your year Camaro, they only sell HID kits but there is a saving grace if you consider it. They do sell specialty LED bulbs that have the same exact sockets as regular incandescent bulbs. This is one option for you to consider.

Another option, try getting a set-up like the LT1 Camaro fog lights, and you might be able to find halo edge fog lights that are bigger in size and give a totally different look to your LS1 Camaro. These are just thoughts and I hope they help you.
Old 02-03-2021 | 12:44 AM
Teching In

New Morimoto's

PM me for product link.
Please post the product link.
Old 02-06-2021 | 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

If it's a non sponsor he can't post the link
Old 02-06-2021 | 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
If it's a non sponsor he can't post the link
ok thanks I didn’t know
Old 02-08-2021 | 04:20 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator
20 Year Member

My guess... The Retrofit Source - Profile Pivot LED Halo
There used to be Morimoto branded ones there, but I only see the Profile Pivot ones now.
Morimoto is a brand owned by The Retrofit Source.

However, they aren't waterproof and there are cheaper alternatives

They aren't a sponsor, but I don't know of any sponsor carrying a competing product so posting this link should be fine:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ha...LOS?quantity=1
(.... we'll see if I get overruled...)
Old 02-08-2021 | 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VIP1
There used to be Morimoto branded ones there, but I only see the Profile Pivot ones now.

They aren't a sponsor, but I don't know of any sponsor carrying a competing product so posting this link should be fine:
you’re the man 🤙🏽
Old 02-08-2021 | 04:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VIP1

that fact that they’re not waterproof is disheartening. I wonder if the stock housings are... I mean, the only water it’s going to be seeing is when it is washed so it’s not THAT detrimental...
Old 02-08-2021 | 07:33 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator
20 Year Member

Although not completely waterproof and not marketed as such, they do look more resistant than the cheaper bare ones (without coating on the front). Using the smoked covers and coating the resulting gap/seam on the back with silicone would help (especially around the wires)..
Old 11-19-2021 | 06:52 PM
Teching In

I'm confused, how do you get the output of a full fog light from just a ring? The linked product only shows white and yellow rings, no bright fog light shots like you have here...?
Old 11-20-2021 | 12:42 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator
20 Year Member

The ring is just a ring for the "halo" effect. It goes on the front of the fog light. The Fog light is still there and functional. This LED ring is just for visual effect. The picture of a lit ring is just the LED ring lit. The picture of the full bright circle is the fog light lit and possibly the LED ring as well.

Quick Reply: Trans Am Fog Light Delete + LED Halo Ring