Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smoked LED Third Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Smoked LED Third Brake Light

What do you guys think? I see a lot of people on the forums had a hard time finding them, but you can check the description on there for where I bought mine.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! I'm curious, does your cruise control still work? I had heard that LED 3BL swaps had caused issues with that.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I picked one up off ebay, there was a few things I wasnt pleased with, fit wise it was great and it was super easy to install but the finish was a bit lacking...maybe im to persnickety but seeing the below makes me feel like its a $10 part. It either needs to be darker on the top or a blocker panel to cover the wiring and boards

Old 06-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
I picked one up off ebay, there was a few things I wasnt pleased with, fit wise it was great and it was super easy to install but the finish was a bit lacking...maybe im to persnickety but seeing the below makes me feel like its a $10 part. It either needs to be darker on the top or a blocker panel to cover the wiring and boards

Thanks for posting this, think I'm going to save the money and just throw LED bulbs in the stock and try my hand at using VHT on it and the side markers like I've been tossing around for a little bit now
Old 06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
TECH Veteran

I did VHT on my stocker and side markers, looks great on a black car. The above just seems a bit unfinished since you can see through it. Id be pissed if I had both the clear one and saw this
Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

I did VHT on my stocker and side markers, looks great on a black car. The above just seems a bit unfinished since you can see through it. Id be pissed if I had both the clear one and saw this
Awesome! Going for my black on red theme and I've never used VHT before so going to give it a go I think
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

click on the "blackbyrd origin" link in my sig there are some pics of mine in it. When its done right it looks perfect! Just gotta do multiple even coats so the finish stays smooth.

best of luck I I love mine
Old 06-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

click on the "blackbyrd origin" link in my sig there are some pics of mine in it. When its done right it looks perfect! Just gotta do multiple even coats so the finish stays smooth.

best of luck I I love mine
Awesome I just love the way Torchd02ta's car looks so want to try and get the sidemarkers and 3rd brake light to be as close to the same as the way he has his

Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

ill be honest and you dont have to take this one but if I had a red car, id probably keep the back ones red since they sort of blend, then get a set of the rear camaro ones (red) as they are the same size as the transam/bird fronts just not amber. its actually what i did even though I tinted them.

I know mine being black really keeps clean lines, Id imagine its the same if you went with red
Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

ill be honest and you dont have to take this one but if I had a red car, id probably keep the back ones red since they sort of blend, then get a set of the rear camaro ones (red) as they are the same size as the transam/bird fronts just not amber. its actually what i did even though I tinted them.

I know mine being black really keeps clean lines, Id imagine its the same if you went with red
Interesting, I didn't know that about the rear camaro ones fitting the front. The imbalance front amber and rear red just annoys me even though the amber has grown on me with the yellow Firehawk decal. Might end up going this route instead first and seeing if I like it, as you said can always tint later
Old 06-16-2017, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

little known secret for us red and black fanatics haha
Old 06-17-2017, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

I just got mine, fit looks good, but I want to sand and paint the top of the light black to match the car.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

I have tinted clear side markers on mine.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeyofblades
Just installed my smoked LED third brake light!

What do you guys think? I see a lot of people on the forums had a hard time finding them, but you can check the description on there for where I bought mine.
Joey, got the same brake like you got in the video. Here is my only question. What did you do to get these wired in? When i got these I thought they would just be plug and play but once i opened the package, they just had the wires coming out and nothing else. Didnt know if you could tell me what i need to do with the housings that come out of the wing and what to connect these to. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

Edit.....sent it back and got a replacement....the connectors did not come on mine. Got new one and it plugged right in.

Last edited by Smokin00WS6; 05-29-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: Smoked LED Third Brake Light