Sponsored by: DashLynx

98-02 Trans Am LED light question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Default 98-02 Trans Am LED light question

Hey all,

I have searched, but havent got anything 100%. I have some LED bulbs (880) I put in for fogs, they fit and worked good.

I am curious without going to a projector, or anything crazy, does anyone know of any conversation housings and LED bulbs that will work with the flip-up headlights on these cars.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-2017, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

If you aren't going to do it right and use a projector, there's no reason to do the conversion at all. No reason to be a dick to oncoming traffic like that and potentially put others at risk.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Which LED Bulbs did you put in your fogs? Most are crap for output and beam pattern.

There are a Few LED bulbs that do OK in reflectors, but most are crap. Most of what is out there will light up the housing (which is good enough for brake lights and turn signals) but have crap pattern for fog lights or headlights. The ones that do OK are copies of Philips fog light LED bulbs.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ape Man
Hey all,

I have searched, but havent got anything 100%. I have some LED bulbs (880) I put in for fogs, they fit and worked good.

I am curious without going to a projector, or anything crazy, does anyone know of any conversation housings and LED bulbs that will work with the flip-up headlights on these cars.

Thanks in advance!
This is what you need for your fog lights.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...knockoffs.html
Old 11-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
This is what you need for your fog lights.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...knockoffs.html
That's a whole replacement housing and not a drop-in bulb like what it sounded like Ape Man was talking about. It OK. Not amazing, but better than other options (certainly better than 90% of the drop-ins). Fine for a fog light but not good enough for a headlight.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
That's a whole replacement housing and not a drop-in bulb like what it sounded like Ape Man was talking about. It OK. Not amazing, but better than other options (certainly better than 90% of the drop-ins). Fine for a fog light but not good enough for a headlight.
Yep. I was just giving him a better option that don't cost much more, assuming he doesn't mind getting his hands a little dirty. 😁

Quick Reply: 98-02 Trans Am LED light question