Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hiding Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I would of taken more pictures as I made the panels but to be honest I did really think much about it. When I first started making them I didn't know if I would even like and was playing with several different ideas. Actually that was my first try and I almost scrapped those because of some inperfections I didn't care for. But not many people would notice but me. Future idea for those wanting to make some panels like these...Make the lower panel and radius all one piece then make just a top panel with four Zeus fasteners that fits on top of the radius. The side Zeus fasteners are harder to get to even though you only open once every blue moon. I can have both panels off in 5 minutes for repair access if needed. If anyone wants a further break down of how made I can help you as I was really vague in the above description. Still contemplating making some of these panels to sale if there's enough interest. Should be able to make a nicer closer fit next time around. Still several projects going on including this one.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spartan7
That's some really nice work you did. I didn't go nearly that far, but just cleaning up the ugly wires, LT1 fuel lines, and hood latch cable can do wonders (along with a nice paint job of course).

Nicely done!
Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Default Engine build details and photo link

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ut-panels.html

I've had several people pm me asking about some build details. I have attached a link to my son Cody's 404 cid Procharger build with more details to come.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan7
That's some really nice work you did. I didn't go nearly that far, but just cleaning up the ugly wires, LT1 fuel lines, and hood latch cable can do wonders (along with a nice paint job of course).

Looks good.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 358 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Blown that is gorgeous! I have been thinking of the exact same concept for my bird, glad to see it looks just as amazing in real life as it did in my head!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
Blown that is gorgeous! I have been thinking of the exact same concept for my bird, glad to see it looks just as amazing in real life as it did in my head!
Blackbyrd, thanks for the compliment. My son and I (father/son project) have been working on for a while. The block off panels just “happened” one day while trying different things to hide that ugly crap on both sides. Have a few more ideas I’m working on I will post in the near future thanks again.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 358 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Look forward to seeing them! i tucked my fuse relays under the area you blocked off, and mounted my coil packs in the space, moved the battery and did the same on the passenger side so I wanted to do something to cover all that up and what you did was what I had planned but thought about bringing them closer to the radiator housing and let it sweep back to the fenders towers and match that roll the same way you did. I think i like what you did better though. My concern was how would it line up with the radiator support and I think stopping just at it is a better way to go than it laying over it.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 214 Likes on 167 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Blown69, great idea with the block off plates. I mocked some up using cheap 22 awg metal and a rattle can. Using these as templates, I'll use thicker metal when I'm ready to paint the entire engine bay. Getting my valve covers prepped for powder coating with the coil pack relocation.

Quick Reply: Hiding Wiring Harness