Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Buyer beware 6le designs

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, it's fairly common. Easy to circumvent on a scummy business owners side. It's pretty common with insurance agencies, and smaller stereo shops.

There's one specifically that's close to me that has been in the same location for at least 20 years now, has gone through a number of different official owners every few years(different family members/friends) and they just file bankruptcy. On paperwork everything is legally done, and the only ones that get screwed were the customers. The dudes have literally just kept the same name unofficially on their shop front all this time, but on paperwork it gets shuffled around.

From what I remember, as long as the 'head' of the company isn't the same person then they don't care, legally they can just say they hired this prior owner as a regular employee as a loophole.

For the insurance agencies I've seen, they just get all the cash they can, run it into the ground, get lawsuits filed against them over years from the scummy tactics, and then eventually file for bankruptcy, and reopen under a new owners name(while still being ran by the original guy). Obviously takes some trust, which is why it's usually reopened under a direct family members name(trust).
Old 08-24-2018, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

So it looks like 6LE just changed their name to MAGG and will continue on....

what the actual ****
The following users liked this post:
fucter (01-07-2021)
Old 08-24-2018, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

OK guys, I got some more information on this. Here's the story:

Jeff and Mark have know each other for almost 20 years. Mark used to live in Florida but moved to CA about 15 years ago.
Jeff is in the IT field and in 2006 helped Mark build his first online store to sell spoilers. The business was getting to big for Mark to handle alone, and in 2011 Mark came to Jeff to be a partner in 6LE.
They were partners until 2013, and then split ways due to personal reasons. The LLC partnership in FL in 2013 was closed, and Mark continued the business in CA.

So Jeff has not been a part of 6LE since 2013. Other than helping Mark with a website revamp, he had no involvement in Mark's business operations since 2013.
In March of 2018, Jeff decided to start building a website for his own online parts store (MAGG performance). Jeff made an arrangement with Mark to be a distributor. He got word of the customer service issues at 6LE during the time he was building the MAGG website, so he setup an agreement with Mark to order direct from the manufactures. Phastek worked out the same arrangement with them. 6LE got a cut of the sales. 6LE saw this was working well and wanted to switch to becoming a wholesaler but Mark had too many customers that had unfulfilled orders. At that point he didn’t have the money to pay them or fill the orders and decided to file bankruptcy. Mark asked Jeff if he wanted to take over 6LE, but Jeff refused due to all the customer service issues. Jeff didn’t want the mess but still wanted to sell Mark's parts. So, they made a deal and Jeff purchased, and now owns the 4thgen designs only. Mark still owns the rights to all 6th gen products.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically the “personal” letters that Mark sent were bullshit and he had no intentions of fulfilling outstanding orders.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

It appears as if Mark still owns the 6th gen designs so profit he makes from that belongs right in the hands of the customers he owes money to.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I would not order anything from MAGG. So sorry from everyone who got screwed
Old 09-04-2018, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ALMOST feel bag for 4th gen customs. He got screwed by 6le
Old 09-04-2018, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, just saw him saying he is done on Facebook. Although I never bought anything from him, it still sucks to see another 4th gen parts guy go down the tube.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chrisingermany
Yeah, just saw him saying he is done on Facebook. Although I never bought anything from him, it still sucks to see another 4th gen parts guy go down the tube.
Honestly he didn't have a chance. His stuff wasn't anything spectacular. Sucks our aftermarket is dying though
Old 09-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Anyone else receive refund emails? I got one on August 30th saying i'd get a refund, but have yet to see funds back in account. I'm doubtful it will happen.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

I haven't heard anything except from MAGG trying to trick me into buying stuff that will never arrive.......

Haven't heard from 6LE in months.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Man, I'm gone a while and this happens. Good lord, I loved his products when I still had bird. Was a bit over priced but No other vendors we're making parts like he was, it really opened a door interior and exterior wise for 4th gen fbodies. I pray someone fills the void or gets rights to some of the products to continue sales with better pricing.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, it's one thing if you go out of business and have to issue a bunch of refunds and what not. That is understandable. But to be taking people money for months and months and then close down shop and screw them all over.... that's a different kind of person.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Teching In

I ordered my grille May 5th.. Guess im out $350. This is the response : This email is no longer monitored as 6LE Designs is no longer in business. Assets of value were auctioned off by a private equity company and previously made parts, cars and the name IROC-Z have been purchased and will be made available through other cpmpanies. This shut down began July 1st and the business is now officially closed as of 9/1/18.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by smokumup
I ordered my grille May 5th.. Guess im out $350. This is the response : This email is no longer monitored as 6LE Designs is no longer in business. Assets of value were auctioned off by a private equity company and previously made parts, cars and the name IROC-Z have been purchased and will be made available through other cpmpanies. This shut down began July 1st and the business is now officially closed as of 9/1/18.
Yep, same here. What I am more concerned about though is how you are a 10 year member and only have one post...lol
Old 09-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Default Refund

I got a refund back in May. My order was placed in Jan or Fed for a set of Wheels. I called them, emailed and no answer. I called my CC and filed a dispute. Money was refunded in May.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisingermany
Yeah, it's one thing if you go out of business and have to issue a bunch of refunds and what not. That is understandable. But to be taking people money for months and months and then close down shop and screw them all over.... that's a different kind of person.

he must be good friends with Roger Robinson of USExotics Ltd. I’ve learned one thing about the f body market, a lot of scammers out there, but I guess that is with every car market. I ordered a sail panel years ago when they were first introduced (never installed yet) and shipping times were good back then. Hopefully karma does her thing.....
Old 09-26-2018, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I'm glad I got my sail panel when I did, even though it still isn't installed after all these years...
Old 09-26-2018, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by twins09
I got a refund back in May. My order was placed in Jan or Fed for a set of Wheels. I called them, emailed and no answer. I called my CC and filed a dispute. Money was refunded in May.
Good point. It's probably too late for anyone to do so at this point, no?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

I read this entire thread. As i'm reading I'm thinking this guy is a con artist. He will ship some peoples stuff just to keep the word going that hes doing something but probably the hard orders to fill he's just gonna keep their money. Then i'm thinking he's going to file bankruptcy and reopen under another name. And he did. These type of people are so predictable.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware 6le designs