Dashskin dashpad cover/replacement - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dashskin dashpad cover/replacement

Old 12-07-2018, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Dashskin dashpad cover/replacement

Just wanted to make a post about these for my fellow broken dashpad brothers . These are meant to originally be an overlay that gets glued on top of your factory broken piece(s). With my install I had already pulled out the stocker in attempt to glue the pieces together and have it wrapped.

When the dashskin came in it was a very close match to the stock piece so I wondered how it would fit without the stock piece installed under it. To my surprise it fit almost perfect. The biggest issue was that on the outer ends where the plastic interior pillar pieces meet the dash pad on the stock unit there is a grooved channel for the pillar piece to sit in which keeps the pad secured in place.

With a combination of velcro or double sided tape one could easily add a couple pieces in the corners or sides and keep the pad in place nice and secure.

Because I had a second broken dashpad available I broke off the missing ends off the stock broken pad and glued them on the bottom side of the dashskin. Once the glue dried I installed the dashskin in the car without the original dashpad underneath it.

I am very pleased with the results. It looks a million times better than looking at the broken stocker everyday. For $115 it is toally worth it. Ill be ordering a second one for my Formula. This unit does not have a mounting provision for the alarm led light that goes in the vent but that is not something I cared about. With it just sitting under the vented area you can clearly see it and could glue it or secure it to the dash if you really wanted to.

Excuse the crappy pictures. I will post up a few more later today when the sun is out more.

https://dashskin.com/most-popular/97-02-fbody

Old 12-07-2018, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

I'm tempted to give that a try now. I hated the look of those on top of the original, but on its own it looks like a perfect fit.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I really doubt you will be disappointed. I just ordered a second for my white formula.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: