Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SS braided hose ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS braided hose ?'s

Guys, what size hoses do i need for the radiator and water pump? I want to get rid of that fugly black hose and dress the engine up a little. Anyone know the sizes or exactly what i need? Ill also do the PCV hose and other little black hoses, but i really want to fix the radiator and water pump hoses, or atleast put chrome fasteners on the water pump hose ends.

any help would be great! Also, anyone maybe sell a kit or sell the hose cheap cause i know this stuff isnt cheap!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well don't buy the crapy AutoZone braided that fits over your stock holes! It realy sucks.

The best way to go is Samco (sp) and some stainless t-claps!
The Samco stuff is not cheap but it is a complete engine hose replacement, that is a heat temp, high gloss and high pressure. LPE is the only one that sells it that I know of!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

doesnt Mr gasket sell it also?? I definitly want good stuff and not some cheap crap from pep boys or somewhere...

thanks for the info and ill check their site out asap
Old 09-25-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Steve1969LS1, had braided lines on his old SS. He should chime in here!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer part of your question...I'm bought Aeroquip -6AN hose to do my PCV to AMW catch can connections...

If you plan to go full-out braided stainless hose, here is a link to the Earl's "tech" page with a good overview and size/application charts:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...PTS/EPPTS.html

If you just want to cover the stock hoses, then check out Taylor/Vertex's new Flexbraid hose kits:

http://www.taylorvertex.com/hp/Flexb...evingKits.aspx
Old 09-25-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by travisnd
Steve1969LS1, had braided lines on his old SS. He should chime in here!
i sent him a email but never got a reply though I want do do my radiator over flow and main hose the same way he did his. I was wondering if i can just get the summit kit that has like 4-5 different sizes and types and use that?

its 2 hoses on the water pump i can do, but the other 2 hoses are crimped so i cant replace though..

i just wanted to know if anyone that has done this knows the sizes or exactly what to get so i wont get the wrong stuff LOL
Old 09-25-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

also i see summitt has earls, summit brand, russels, and that aeroquip(new stuff). Is there any difference in these?

The biggest they have is 16an, but how big is the radiator main line and the over flow line? Also, what clamps are best?
thanks again
Old 09-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Fiery Features Director

The summit kit will work for most of the hoses. However, the hose covers don't look nearly as nice as the actual braided lines. The covers will begin to sheer over time. The clamps are a cheap plastic material that isn't very "show" quality. If you are looking for something that will hide the hoses but you don't plan on making the car a show car, the summit kit will work fine. However, if you want something like Steve's car... you will have to fork up a bit more money!
Old 09-25-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

thanks zangel.. thats what im worried about. I want to do things right the first time. But does anyone know the an sizes for the radiator hose, over flow hose, pcv, and fuel lines?

I see spectra makes a braided hose like earls and etc also for about a buck cheaper per foot. I could get buy with their clamps I think also on the earls braided line. As long as its clamped down all is well. If anyone knows the sizes please feel free to post.. thanks

spectra has a radiator SS hose from 1.5inches to 1 and 3/4ths in diameter but i didnt know if that was big enough

Quick Reply: SS braided hose ?'s