Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

US Exotics Superhawk Hood Done and Done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys
Old 10-07-2004, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

That hood is sweet!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Default Swwweeeeeeeeetttt !!!

That hood looks very good on your car! Do you have any pictures of the car with the hood in the raw gelcoat black? The model car in Rogers webshots is a little beat up. LOL... Also, how hard was the shim process and bending the handle to fit? Did you do it yourself or have a body shop do it? My superhawk hood is paid for now, and I should have in around 3 weeks. The local bodyshop quoted me $300-350 to hang, shim, and then paint the hood after it cures.

Roger was excellent to communicate with via email. He is working on the Outlaw Superhawk, but doesn't think the kinks will be worked out for next couple months... He said the WS-6 and WS-9 were easy installs but that the Superhawk was a little more difficult to get setup, which is why he doesn't advertise the Superhawk on Ebay...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by robtest
That hood looks very good on your car! Do you have any pictures of the car with the hood in the raw gelcoat black? The model car in Rogers webshots is a little beat up. LOL... Also, how hard was the shim process and bending the handle to fit? Did you do it yourself or have a body shop do it? My superhawk hood is paid for now, and I should have in around 3 weeks. The local bodyshop quoted me $300-350 to hang, shim, and then paint the hood after it cures.

Roger was excellent to communicate with via email. He is working on the Outlaw Superhawk, but doesn't think the kinks will be worked out for next couple months... He said the WS-6 and WS-9 were easy installs but that the Superhawk was a little more difficult to get setup, which is why he doesn't advertise the Superhawk on Ebay...
sorry to take so long to reply... That's a great price to fit and paint the hood! I'd just let them do it then... I of course had to do everything myself so I kinda ghetto rigged the latch with a dremel... it works fine though and that's all that matters... I didn't take any pics of the hood before paint cuz I just thought it look too ricey on my car like that... lol didn't want anyone to see it... I did drive around for about a week with it on though to let motor heat cure it some
Old 10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Looks Awesome!
Im gonna be picking mine up in a week or so. I have my order in and Roger should be calling me soon. Did you shim the front fenders to make the gap smaller between the hood and fender? If so, was it a real large gap before that. Roger told me the fenders would need some adjustment and I was wondering how much adjustment was done to yours to achieve the lines in the pics.
Once again it looks great and makes me want mine immediatley
Thanks
Old 10-14-2004, 04:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I dont think its a firehawk hood. Looks like it, but firehawks have a completely different front clip, its about an inch different in a few places from a TA front clip.

That one looks great.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DietCoke, nobody said anything about the SMC built Firehawk hood. This is the US Exotics "Superhawk" hood. It is purposefully built different.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is NOT a Hawk hood. Look at the front of the hood and where it lays on the front of the car. The firehawks have had their bumpers cut to make the hood flush when it is shut.

Mine

Look with my hood up that the back of the bumper under the hood has been cut from a stock under the hood firebird.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...2782iAmQkUmlMt
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

hi all , just wanted to say that i also order my WARBIRD hood from Roger Robinson & full xenon body kit from LM performance for my camaro 2000 , it should be her next saturday

can't wait to see the finnal look

Last edited by Z28*POWER*; 10-16-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by txhorns281
Looks REEEEAAAALLLL GOOD!!!

Thanks again Roger, if you're lurking around here!

Roger told me that i should either have my bodyshop bake the hood in their bake-booth at approx. 150 degrees for a minimum of 45 mins..... or... if my body shop doesn't have a bake booth, it is actually best to cure the hood ON my car. It would be perfect if i could install the hood, and drive for a week or so with the hood on my car and allow the engine heat to cure the hood....

just wanted to share advice he give me
Old 10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

i bought the hood fromm roger off ebay its an awesome looking hood i love it my shop charged me 750 to paint it they also painted the fenders, lights, and front bumper
Attached Thumbnails US Exotics Superhawk Hood Done and Done!!!-2bd8-1-.jpg   US Exotics Superhawk Hood Done and Done!!!-534c-1-.jpg  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by some moderator
*non-sponsor email removed.
You know, I can understand if he was posting on here, but a customer posted this information because he felt the guy was worth referring. That's what these forums are 'supposed' to be about, community & sharing information, not capitolism. He's just one guy, he can't build that many hoods...which brings me to the question, I see other people putting emails & web links in their sigs for stuff & they aren't sponsors.....quit hating on the small guy! he got a good referral from a customer.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Modsquad
You know, I can understand if he was posting on here, but a customer posted this information because he felt the guy was worth referring. That's what these forums are 'supposed' to be about, community & sharing information, not capitolism. He's just one guy, he can't build that many hoods...which brings me to the question, I see other people putting emails & web links in their sigs for stuff & they aren't sponsors.....quit hating on the small guy! he got a good referral from a customer.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modsquad
The shops listed on the right make it possible for you and I to have this community to share information. It's not fair to them to allow other non-sponsoring shops to use this community to sell there products. No information was edited except for what was concidered advertising. In this case, an email address.

Ironically, the company in question here is owned by someone I know personally and consider a friend. He understands why I edited his email out. He also is working with one of our sponsors (AP Engineering) on providing a GP on is products.

Maybe you should quit "hating" the staff here. We're here for the same information exchange you are . Like any community there are rules, and every once in a while we have to enforce them.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think there should be an exception if a person or company provides a "unique, one of a kind" product that none of the sponsors carries. The Superhawk doesn't fit this bill as there is a similar Raptor hood but his Superhawk Outlaw would fit this situation.

I know no one is going to change the rules. This is just my opinion.

Jason
Old 10-20-2004, 08:38 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
"It's not fair to them to allow other non-sponsoring shops"

Maybe you should quit "hating" the staff here. We're here for the same information exchange you are . Like any community there are rules, and every once in a while we have to enforce them.
First, it wasn't a shop, it was a customer who purchased the hood & was giving feedback on a product. I could understand & would expect it to be removed if it were the guy selling the hoods that posted it.

I'm personal friends with Tony W. & great friends with Craig (Cragar) so I'm not hating on anyone. As for webservers & hosting, it doesn't cost near as much as the site is bringing in on sponsorship. I'm not trying to argue, I just don't see how a customer & member sharing this information hurts anyone. Again, he is only one man, he isn't going to make much of a dent in any of the guys to the Rights bottom line for selling a few hand made hoods.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Nice!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Marc, sorry bud, but you are dead wrong on your statements. We do NOT allow non-sponsoring vendors to be advertised on this site, for more than one reason. We do allow members to post photos and give feedback on parts, but as soon as contact info or pricing is provided it becomes a solicitation thread.

1. The sponsors on the right pay for the exclusive privilege to advertise their items/services on this site. They pay the bills to keep this place running.

2. The same sponsors should not have to compete with companies or individuals who are not paying to solicit (directly or indirectly) their items.

3. We have lost a few paying sponsors on this site in our history, due to non-sponsor products being pimped here. This is unacceptable, and is why we no longer allow non-sponsor threads to exist here.

4. Its cheap to advertise here, so there are no excuses for non-sponsors to pimp without paying.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:33 PM
10-Second Club

Well, everyone has their opinion & it's your site, still, the point I was trying to make is that the non-sponsor wasn't trying to pimp anything, a fellow car enthusiast was. I understand where you are coming from and perhaps if I would read the sponsor rules & all I would understand more, but as a member & user of the community, it's where I come for remommendations on products & to learn from other's bad choices in products. I could also see on the other end of the argument, someone could just pose as a member & praise the product....point taken but I don't think I'm dead wrong at all, I just think there are two valid sides to the argument but you have paying sponsors & are obligated to keep up your end of what ever agreement you have with them. Sorry for any ill meaning, I personally just like forums better when they aren't so restricted & information is exchanged freely without stepping on anyone's toes. But again, most of those forums suck so keep up the good work & I'll just get email addresses via PM so we all stay happy!

By the way....I do 95% of my business with the guys over ----------> There....just ask David C.

Quick Reply: US Exotics Superhawk Hood Done and Done!!!