Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

CME Pics.....esp. NBM if you have them!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I have a dumb question . . . why do some of you "ghost" out your license plate? You drive around all day with it exposed but you post a pic with it hidden???

Just asking . . .
cause all the crazy people are on the internet, not out in the real world
Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
your car is badass. if i had a z, i would want it to look like yours.
Thanks, I need to post new pics though. Those are from last summer...
Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Well ours has personalized plates with our last name on it,, that is why I "ghost" out our plate...
Old 01-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, here are mine:

I'll have to get some pics of how they came out from a distance when the weather gets better I wanted the two silver lips to stand out, and the rest be hard to see from a distance. Came out exactly like I wanted
Old 01-28-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-29-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't finished installing my CME tips, yet, but here is a pic of them after they came back from the powder coater...I had everything except the polished face done in clear powder...should make cleanup a breeze:
Attached Thumbnails CME Pics.....esp. NBM if you have them!-img_0129.jpg  
Old 01-29-2005, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS LS1
99ssleeper, When you install the CME take the time to have the tips installed so they tuck up nice and tight and get them centered properly in the rear valance. Many have their tips so they hang down too low IMO and look like they are ready to fall off or the tips are pushed in too far (like most factory installs) that they look like an afterthought.

If you have the older style tips with just the center connection tap I would highly suggest adding another brace to them as many have had the little center tab break on them. Kind of ruins your day.

Before I installed mine I welded a 1/4" x 1" aluminum bar to the back of my tips and they are strong as hell now. Makes for a nice handle when rolling around under my car on the creeper when polishing my GMMG exhaust.
Oh dont worry...my CME will be the most tucked/centered/flush/level/polished/straight set you've ever seen. I love the way your car looks...it's so badass. I hate it when CME is low or off center, the factory didnt take much time to get it right.

I have the early set with no bracing. I am in a machine shop everyday so I was going to cnc a plate that will follow the contour between the tips and weld it between them. We have some 1/8" flat plate... That way it will look pretty much factory and reinforce it quite a bit.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99ssleeper
Oh dont worry...my CME will be the most tucked/centered/flush/level/polished/straight set you've ever seen. I love the way your car looks...it's so badass. I hate it when CME is low or off center, the factory didnt take much time to get it right.

I have the early set with no bracing. I am in a machine shop everyday so I was going to cnc a plate that will follow the contour between the tips and weld it between them. We have some 1/8" flat plate... That way it will look pretty much factory and reinforce it quite a bit.
Sounds Good! Post some pics when you are done!

FYI....... If you tuck the CME tips up tight and push them out a little pre fit them for clearance with the valance. You may have to slightly trim the lower edge of the valance that wraps under the car. It's the edge that is closest to the 90deg elbows so it does not rub or melt against the tail pipes.

Last tip-of-the day......... Be sure to have the muffler shop add and extra set of exhaust hangers to the rear pipes of the CME setup as it will help support the added weight of the tips. It will keep the tips centered and prevent them from sagging over time and making your rear look saggy!
Old 01-29-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
I haven't finished installing my CME tips, yet, but here is a pic of them after they came back from the powder coater...I had everything except the polished face done in clear powder...should make cleanup a breeze:

Sounds cool but to be honest the only part of the tip that is a PITA to keep clean is the polished edge! If I would do it agian I would chrome plate the tips and be done with it.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Last tip-of-the day......... Be sure to have the muffler shop add and extra set of exhaust hangers to the rear pipes of the CME setup as it will help support the added weight of the tips. It will keep the tips centered and prevent them from sagging over time and making your rear look saggy!
Muffler shop, lol...you think I'd let someone else do work on my car?!

Thats a great idea with the extra hangers. I think I'll do that...maybe there is a place under there with existing holes I can use...I'd hate to drill into anything!

I want to find some cheap lowering springs too. IMO, CME just doesnt look right on a car that isn't sitting low.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: CME Pics.....esp. NBM if you have them!