TTT for you for an awesome ideal LT1-7
Old 02-27-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't forget us LT1 folk...
Old 02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am deff in please please keep up the work on these seems like everybody is interested in these and i wanna see a kit thats for real and works...................... KEEP IT GOING !!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

i am in as well....your products look killer....
Old 03-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Launching!

Just wanted to let you guys know we're still in the process. As usual, we always come through with our ideas

Low beams will be from Hella 90mm but high beams we are considering something smaller. This will give the C6 look in a way.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Just wanted to let you guys know we're still in the process. As usual, we always come through with our ideas

Low beams will be from Hella 90mm but high beams we are considering something smaller. This will give the C6 look in a way.
What is your ETA?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Trans_Am05
dude this maybe pushing it but if u can pull this off and make it a decent price.. let me know so i can start saving up i made this little concept off of the C6 headlights tell me what u guys think ..
That actually looks like the LS1 4th gen Pontiac concept car. It had non-flip up headlights.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

I'll be in for dual 90's otherwise I'll just install them into the factory housings.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Sweet!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

sounds good...keep us posted...
Old 03-02-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Razzak
Suggestion: Make the inner round lights smaller than the low-beams like the new vette's. Seriously. If all 4 lights are the same size it looks really outta place IMO.
Actually the new vettes have a smaller lowbeam and a larger highbeam. Is that what you meant or did you type it wrong?

Originally Posted by skytower31
I hope they remove the outer weather proof clear lense and just use the projector lense and the high bulb since the housing they make will be waterproof itself.
Did they say the housing they are making is waterproof? I'm not sure they did. If it is, then you could remove the Hella clear covers, BUT, I think that might void them being DOT approved. On the projector, there is a shiny ring designed to put a little light up high and to the sides to help illuminate road signs. Removing it would surely void the DOT approval. The actual DOT marking might be on the clear cover itself, I'm not sure. If it is, then anyone that looks at it would not see DOT anywhere visable.

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
How bout an HID conversion for the TA pop ups?
I like my pop ups, but they suck at night.....I know you could build your own kit for a few hundred dollars, but if fiberglass or CF can be molded correctly to fit in there and it all looks flush, I think it would look really cool
The Hella DOT 90mm projectors can be modded to accept an HID (D2S) bulb instead of the regular H9 it comes with. I believe Skytower did this to his units. If you like your popups, just do what he did. Here's his car:

Bulbs and ballasts usually run about $300. LT1-7 said he will have an HID version, so maybe he will explain more to us about that.
Even without HID, the H9 bulbs are going to be brighter than regular sealed beams plus the beam pattern is much better. Here is the beam pattern for the DOT version. Note this is using an HID bulb, so the H9 version will look the same, just not as bright:

Here is a link to the headlights LT1-7 is planning on using along with good pics:
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hella-90mm/

Originally Posted by Fierce-LS1
LT1-7, will you guys make an auto level feature based on gravity ?
I'm sure something like that would add several hundreds of dollars to the price, so I'm pretty sure that is the last thing on their minds.

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I was thinking about doing the same thing but I'm no good with fiberglass if the kit looks good and is reasonably priced I'm in... won't lexan fog though?
Lexan/polycarbonate is what almost all newer headlight lenses are made of. Keep in mind condensation can form anywhere there is moisture and enough difference in heat. Glass, metal, lexan, wood, plastic, rubber, etc... The Hella 90mm units are a sealed design with vents in the back to let the air move in and out while keeping water from getting inside so they should be alright. If LT1-7 makes the housings sealed with vents tubes in the rear then they will be just light OEM lights today. Not likely to fog up, but still possible under the right conditions. The main thing is to keep water from building up inside in order to keep the moisture content inside the headlight down. That usually keeps them nice and clear.

Hope this answers some questions.
Jason
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Actually the new vettes have a smaller lowbeam and a larger highbeam. Is that what you meant or did you type it wrong?

Did they say the housing they are making is waterproof? I'm not sure they did. If it is, then you could remove the Hella clear covers, BUT, I think that might void them being DOT approved. On the projector, there is a shiny ring designed to put a little light up high and to the sides to help illuminate road signs. Removing it would surely void the DOT approval. The actual DOT marking might be on the clear cover itself, I'm not sure. If it is, then anyone that looks at it would not see DOT anywhere visable.

The Hella DOT 90mm projectors can be modded to accept an HID (D2S) bulb instead of the regular H9 it comes with. I believe Skytower did this to his units. If you like your popups, just do what he did. Here's his car:

Bulbs and ballasts usually run about $300. LT1-7 said he will have an HID version, so maybe he will explain more to us about that.
Even without HID, the H9 bulbs are going to be brighter than regular sealed beams plus the beam pattern is much better. Here is the beam pattern for the DOT version. Note this is using an HID bulb, so the H9 version will look the same, just not as bright:

Here is a link to the headlights LT1-7 is planning on using along with good pics:
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hella-90mm/

I'm sure something like that would add several hundreds of dollars to the price, so I'm pretty sure that is the last thing on their minds.

Lexan/polycarbonate is what almost all newer headlight lenses are made of. Keep in mind condensation can form anywhere there is moisture and enough difference in heat. Glass, metal, lexan, wood, plastic, rubber, etc... The Hella 90mm units are a sealed design with vents in the back to let the air move in and out while keeping water from getting inside so they should be alright. If LT1-7 makes the housings sealed with vents tubes in the rear then they will be just light OEM lights today. Not likely to fog up, but still possible under the right conditions. The main thing is to keep water from building up inside in order to keep the moisture content inside the headlight down. That usually keeps them nice and clear.

Hope this answers some questions.
Jason
Thanks for the reply and yes, that pic is of my car.

My only comment regarding the DOT approval is that ANYTHING you do to the stock lighting system, whether it is involving DOT approved lighting or not, is completely illegal. The DOT approves a light and housing combination for a specific vehicle. Any time you change either the bulb or the housing from the original setup, it is illegal.

Regardless of that, if you do a conversion correctly and use the right components no one will care. If you do not attract attention to your car by blinding people, etc, then you have nothing to worry about.

I am sure when this conversion comes out, it will be "For offroad use only"
Old 03-02-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skytower31
Thanks for the reply and yes, that pic is of my car.

My only comment regarding the DOT approval is that ANYTHING you do to the stock lighting system, whether it is involving DOT approved lighting or not, is completely illegal. The DOT approves a light and housing combination for a specific vehicle. Any time you change either the bulb or the housing from the original setup, it is illegal.

Regardless of that, if you do a conversion correctly and use the right components no one will care. If you do not attract attention to your car by blinding people, etc, then you have nothing to worry about.

I am sure when this conversion comes out, it will be "For offroad use only"
I agree. I was just thinking that a cop my look and see the DOT stamped on the Hella unit and give you a pass on a ticket. I just plan on making sure mine are adjusted properly so as not to attract attention from johnny law.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JasonWW
I agree. I was just thinking that a cop my look and see the DOT stamped on the Hella unit and give you a pass on a ticket. I just plan on making sure mine are adjusted properly so as not to attract attention from johnny law.
Exactly. They key is to not get pulled over in the first place
Old 03-02-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT-7 anyword? How how soon? Will there be any kind of warranty, or you standing behind your product?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

im in if the quality is there. i like the look, but the breathless are junk for the price from what ive heard. any idea when prototypes will be ready?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

when u get part of it done try to get some pics to see the progress
Old 03-03-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

any progress ?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Jason is right on the HID option. You can get Hella 90mm Xenon lights direct from Hella

As far as if you want to retrofit BMW, Audi, Acura, ect xenon bulbs, ballast and ignitor you're on your own. The Hella 90mm xenon lights are very expensive so that's why I think anyone that would need HID, would want to retrofit from another car

No progress that I can show. We are getting closer as we speak though. We know exactly how it will look and how we're going to make them

Phoenix57, these will definitely be quality pieces. Thousands of dollars will be going into making the molds so that everything turns out perfect
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Pics as soon as you can!!!

Quick Reply: Working on producing non-pop up head lights for TA