Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lambo Vertical Door Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the chances of them leaking are no better then the chances of a factory hinge. the only reason they would leak is if they were installed incorrectly. i.e. not tightened to the proper specs. even if this is the case then all you would have to do is realign them and retighten. no biggie.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

anyone out there wanna do a group purchase, just need four more people
Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parbreak
You forgot to say the end part of that quote:

"Opinions are like *** holes, everybody has one and most of them stink!!"

Everyone said how "rice" it was when I put in a push button start on my SS. My response was I guess Ferraris and most race cars are rice, huh?
I've found that most people who call new ideas "rice" are pretty much losers who have no imagination.

Bryan
parbreak
Lambo doors definitely aren't rice. Last time I checked Lamborghinis weren't made in Japan or Korea. Just because the ricer community uses an idea doesn't mean they OWN it. Using that logic, anybody who adds gauges, shifter *****, dash overlays, or body stripes to their cars is "rice".
Definitely post up your pics when your done!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

you know what i really dont understand is that before we had these doors there would be someone on here every week looking for a lambo door kit and now that we need a measily 4 more people to get the GP on them NO ONE but ls1power is stepping up.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AltrdPrcptn
you know what i really dont understand is that before we had these doors there would be someone on here every week looking for a lambo door kit and now that we need a measily 4 more people to get the GP on them NO ONE but ls1power is stepping up.
Maybe it is because a lot of people, myself included, want to look around and see what is out there and available so we ask if there are any......then, if & when we find some, we research them and try to get as much info as possible before dropping 2 grand on a modification...........you say you need a measly 4 more people, but that is 2 grand a piece from each person which isn't pocket change to your average car guy on the boards.....

Not trying to be a jerk, but just because there is a kit all of a sudden available, that doesn't mean that everyone who was looking before is still interested or that those of us who ARE interested have the 2 grand sitting on our desks right this second.........I am just saying...........again, I am a fan of the mod, so I am not bashing or trashing on anyone/thing here, just offering up one possibility as to why the order lines aren't burning up.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

im sorry i didnt realize at first how "bitchy" my post sounded. lol. im just getting kind of frustrated at all the haters who dont need to chime in on this. if you dont like them then you dont need to tell me. just click the back button on your browser and continue reading all of the other great threads on this site. i completely understand wanting to research a little (**** a lot) before dropping two Gs' on a mod. im trying to get a few more pictures of the guinea pig car with its doors down so you guys can get an idea of what the "shaving" looks like. on a nother site they said it will look like the door is "floating" and im trying to disprove that myth. not trying to jump on you guys out there, im just trying to get this done...we have time we just need to keep this thread near the top so this doesnt fall along the wayside.
thanks everyone dave.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AltrdPrcptn
im sorry i didnt realize at first how "bitchy" my post sounded. lol. im just getting kind of frustrated at all the haters who dont need to chime in on this. if you dont like them then you dont need to tell me. just click the back button on your browser and continue reading all of the other great threads on this site. i completely understand wanting to research a little (**** a lot) before dropping two Gs' on a mod. im trying to get a few more pictures of the guinea pig car with its doors down so you guys can get an idea of what the "shaving" looks like. on a nother site they said it will look like the door is "floating" and im trying to disprove that myth. not trying to jump on you guys out there, im just trying to get this done...we have time we just need to keep this thread near the top so this doesnt fall along the wayside.
thanks everyone dave.
No worries, hence why I tried to 'splain things from another perspective. I have mentioned to the haters (either in this thread or on the other board) that they should just STFU and ignore this post....but it seems to go unheeded.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Launching!

any updates to this post?? where are the picture of the job being done??
Old 09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I think it would look cool on a show car or something. My biggest concern is the weight of the doors, they're heavy. Not like a civic or cavalier door. I'd like to see it done.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

I demand delorian doors for my camaro!

hehe

I'll make back to the future 4, a new beginning
Old 09-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Is this group purchase thing still going on? If so I may start scraping pennies.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by parbreak
You forgot to say the end part of that quote:

"Opinions are like *** holes, everybody has one and most of them stink!!"

Everyone said how "rice" it was when I put in a push button start on my SS. My response was I guess Ferraris and most race cars are rice, huh?
I've found that most people who call new ideas "rice" are pretty much losers who have no imagination.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 10-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

i think the doors are cool and i thought about doing them as well.but i found out that some local drag strips wont allow you to race with them there cause of a fire hazard or some ****.not sure if you do or not just thought to give anyone else considering this a heads up
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ls1powrdta
i think the doors are cool and i thought about doing them as well.but i found out that some local drag strips wont allow you to race with them there cause of a fire hazard or some ****.not sure if you do or not just thought to give anyone else considering this a heads up
I would love to know their reasoning for calling them a fire hazard? No more so then any other door in the event of a crash/accident.......just depends what part of the car is resting on the ground.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:50 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by glitch77
. . . You wont roll up to another F-bod with vertical doors EVER. . .
Actually . . . I do every week

My buddy has them on his '02 Forged 347, H/C, full-upgraded bolt-ons WS6.

Although he opted for a different kit that goes completely vertical so as to allow for the utmost ease of ingress and egress.

They are definitely eye-catching

FYI: order the strongest shock available

Christopher
Old 10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Actually . . . I do every week

My buddy has them on his '02 Forged 347, H/C, full-upgraded bolt-ons WS6.

Although he opted for a different kit that goes completely vertical so as to allow for the utmost ease of ingress and egress.

They are definitely eye-catching

FYI: order the strongest shock available

Christopher
PM info about said shocks and kit????
Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

- i think the mod looks awesome, but i cud never justify spending $1700 - 2200 on it and these cars already get leaks thru the stock set up. more importantly the satisfaction / fun factor from performance mods i think is MUCH greater, i mean for 2K u can get 50rwhp from a cam, just my .02 cents worth
Old 10-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

no idea how the install would go, but i bet it'd look sick
Old 10-04-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01bird58
- i think the mod looks awesome, but i cud never justify spending $1700 - 2200 on it and these cars already get leaks thru the stock set up. more importantly the satisfaction / fun factor from performance mods i think is MUCH greater, i mean for 2K u can get 50rwhp from a cam, just my .02 cents worth
I have had FOUR 4th Gens, all with t-tops and not one has leaked.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

im on my second and both have leaked, the first one a 2000 leaking from the upper left windshield, the second a 2001 drips from the driver side window in front of the T-top handle, the 01 just started to leak i figured most f bodies had these problems, guess just bad luck

Quick Reply: Lambo Vertical Door Kit