Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

installing hood decal

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question installing hood decal

HI guys I'm new ti this forum great job to all. question is how do I install/stick hood decal on my 2001 ws6. bought it w/ no ram air decal on hood. yup it was wreckrd . I know the history of this car so I bought it anyway. subframe is straight. body shop did a bad job. (alignment gaps here/there) doing that my self. thats why there is no ram air decal on hood.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys
cowboysfan
Old 03-24-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

on my SS hood I took a couple of measurements and cut the extra backing on the decal and then taped it where I wanted it. Then I just removed the backing and that was it.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

so is it like a stick on decal? I thought it would be something like needing water or soapywater to stick. remember the 1/18 plastic models we all used to build. then at the end came time to install decal w/water. "yup I still build them". just more detailed. well thats another post. just curiuos on how exactlly do they go on. ddelallata u make it sound too easy.

thanks for the reply.
cowboysfan
Old 03-26-2005, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
so is it like a stick on decal? I thought it would be something like needing water or soapywater to stick. remember the 1/18 plastic models we all used to build. then at the end came time to install decal w/water. "yup I still build them". just more detailed. well thats another post. just curiuos on how exactlly do they go on. ddelallata u make it sound too easy.

thanks for the reply.
cowboysfan
The decals have adhesive on the back of them that does not require wetting before sticking...believe me they WILL STICK!. The soapy water helps you position it in place and get the air bubbles out without it sticking.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

cool,
thanks, got it. appreciate all the help I'll make it work.

thanks guys

cowboysfan

Quick Reply: installing hood decal