Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I got keyed !! :( pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happened to me too... still havent fixed it though. gonna wait for something else before i take it to the shop. i think insurance companies will tell you if they will hike your rates before you actually submit the claim. whats a sim[le phone call gonna hurt?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few months ago. I was on my computer in my room around 3 am when my light clicked on by my bed. The light is set up to come on through a motion detector mounted outside by the garage. As soon as someone steps in the driveway the detector pics it up and sends the signal to turn the light on. I flipped on my tv to my camera that is mounted outside watching the driveway. Sure enough there was some guy next to my car and some car sitting down outside my house with someone sitting in the driver side. I couldnt tell what the guy was doing exactly but i sure wasnt going to just watch. I jumped up ran downstairs with my keys and as soon as i opened the door they took off. I dont think they planned on me doing anything, but they sure didnt plan on me chasing them with my car. If there was one time that i was gonna run my car hard without it warming up it was this time. They took off out of the neighborhood in there early 90's civic and i was right behind them pulling hard. Meanwhile i called the cops and told them my location and within about 10 seconds i had a cop pull in behind me and pull them over. At this point i didnt even know what had been done to my car but knew they werent there to wax it. Got out and checked the driver side and noticed that the door was all scratched up like they were trying to break in. Both guys were arrested and the damage was paid for by their insurance.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

is it considered insurance fraud if the bill from the body shop comes out less then what the appraiser (sp.) gave us?
Old 04-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by qwikz28
is it considered insurance fraud if the bill from the body shop comes out less then what the appraiser (sp.) gave us?
Good question.

I've been hit 3 times by idiot drivers!!! Once in my Jeep, the other in my WRX and finally the Camaro.

Regardless of the quote, after the repairs the bill goes directly to the insurance company to pay.

You are not asked for payment.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

That sucks man, Someone keyed my 99 TA years back both sides fenders and doors i was so pissed i know how it feels.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stryker14
This reminds me of something that happened to me a few months ago. I was on my computer in my room around 3 am when my light clicked on by my bed. The light is set up to come on through a motion detector mounted outside by the garage. As soon as someone steps in the driveway the detector pics it up and sends the signal to turn the light on. I flipped on my tv to my camera that is mounted outside watching the driveway. Sure enough there was some guy next to my car and some car sitting down outside my house with someone sitting in the driver side. I couldnt tell what the guy was doing exactly but i sure wasnt going to just watch. I jumped up ran downstairs with my keys and as soon as i opened the door they took off. I dont think they planned on me doing anything, but they sure didnt plan on me chasing them with my car. If there was one time that i was gonna run my car hard without it warming up it was this time. They took off out of the neighborhood in there early 90's civic and i was right behind them pulling hard. Meanwhile i called the cops and told them my location and within about 10 seconds i had a cop pull in behind me and pull them over. At this point i didnt even know what had been done to my car but knew they werent there to wax it. Got out and checked the driver side and noticed that the door was all scratched up like they were trying to break in. Both guys were arrested and the damage was paid for by their insurance.
Glad to hear that you caught the lowlifes. It's rare to hear a story like this where justice is actually served.

Sorry to hear about your car ALPHA. Some people are just jealous and would rather destroy something beautiful rather than appreciate it. $812 seems rather high, I'd get a second estimate.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Best thing i could have done for my car was to get the motion detector and camera to watch over her. I live in a cul de sac so its pretty rare that i have any cars drive through late at night and the motion detector is perfect cause it only picks up movement to the end of the drive way so i dont have it setting of my radio or light unless someone comes on my property. It has already saved me that one time from those guys trying to break in and some random girls that tried to egg my house. Funny thing was I didnt know them and they didnt know me so i think they were pretty embarrased to have hit the wrong house.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro477
Turn that in on your insurance. Obviously it wasn't your fault so you shouldn't have to worry about anything. The only thing that would suck is if you had a high deductable.

yup, IF you have comprehensive coverage, a deductible is all u have to pay, TECHNICALLY they cannot raise ur rates because of it, but they can BS and say its something else. My deductible was 100$ and they keyed BOTH SIDES OF MY CAR just like yours, you can see the primer underneath. PLEASE dont try to fix it, it will cost more in prep time than u think. My insurance ended up shelling out about 7k for a full repaint.............................. $800 is FREAKING CHEAP.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Michael Ozorowsky
yeah, for vandalism, do deductibles apply? I was recently keyed. BOTH SIDES of car. That was the day after my transmission crapped out on me.
I think they still apply, and your rates don't go up for vandalism.Its under comprehensive(sp?)

I had a mustang that was vandalized pretty bad and paid my $100 deductable and got it all fixed and my rates stayed the same.Your best bet would to file a police report and pay your deductable.I have State Farm if that matters.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Restricted User

most insurance companies wont raise your rates for the first claim of vandalism. My entire car had to get repainted cause the fucked up all of it. it owas $4800 for the repaint. the entire thing needed to be repainted except for my rear panel where it says camaro.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
most insurance companies wont raise your rates for the first claim of vandalism. My entire car had to get repainted cause the fucked up all of it. it owas $4800 for the repaint. the entire thing needed to be repainted except for my rear panel where it says camaro.
wow... thats impressive. i had to reread that one to make sure i took that in correctly. i'm sorry to hear that.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Man that sucks. Some dickless bastard with nothing better to do does **** like that. I hope you find the bastard and cut his dick off and feed it to the little ****. People like that pisses me off so bad. mine got keyed but it wasn't bad as yours some rubbing compound and elbow grease got it out. Theres still a slight scratch on it but you have to get up really close to see it. Hope you find a reasonable pice shop to fix it.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

This may have been said already, but 800 is Get a second, third, fourth estimate before you even THINK of paying that!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people just vandalize for the sport, sadly enough. I had a Chevy SS truck in HS, it was OK for a 16 year old, and I saved up and had it painted. It was really nice. Some kid I didn't even know dented and keyed the crap out of it. He was jealous, which seems to be the motivation for most acts of this nature. I fixed it again, and sold it. Nice cars in HS are just targets. Why can't people grow up?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry about your car try a couple different estimates. I have a couple chips and dings on the side of my car and its going to cost 700 from a guy I know because to blend in that SOM we are going to shoot the whole side because there are bad spots on the fender door and rear.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Can we get a lock on this thread? I hate wasting time reading it, but its hard not looking at what childish thing horde says or does next.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:20 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate vandals... What pointless bullshit.

Lock this thread please, I want 4 minutes of my life back.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Locking this thread wouldnt be a bad idea... Points have been made, **** has been said... info has been given...

Last suggestion... Go to other places and get more estimates!

Goodluck man! Sorry again for the **** pulled above!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks to all for the suggestions!
Sorry to hear some of you went through the same ****.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Closed as requested. People need to grow up . . .

Although it may be different in TX, but in IL if you want to claim it on your insurance, you deal directly with the insurance co, they tell you how much to fix, suggest a few shops or go to the shop of your choice.

My 04 GTO got keyed, I wound up paying for it out of my own pocket but I also know a freind that manages a shop so he got me a great price.

Ther eare typically deductables on Comprehensive, and many co's will raise your rates no matter the claim, if they pay out a certain amount of money.

It is sad there are low lifes that have to vandalise but it is an aweful fact of life, sorry, that your car got keyed and good luck with getting it fixed.

Quick Reply: I got keyed !! :( pics