Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

top Liquid Glass?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default top Liquid Glass?

Is it worthwhile to put something on top of Liquid Glass? I washed, clayed, washed and then applied the Liquid Glass. I'm going to put on another layer of LG soon but was wondering if I should add a carnauba on top or anything? Would NXT work well as a topper? I have NXT along with some carnauba waxes like Meguiars #26 that I could use if you guys think it would be worthwhile.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

IMHO it depends on what look you like the best. I haven't actually used the Liquid Glass, but as a "sealant" I would think that it gives a more "reflective" look. If you want to go for a "deeper", "wetter", "just dipped" look, then you might want to top it with the carnauba.

#26 and NXT are both unique in the fact that they tend to "darken" the look of the paint more than most other waxes.
But if you were going to use one of those as a topper, I would say use the #26. The NXT contains cleaners, and that might end up removing the liquid glass.

Jim
Old 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for your help. So am I right in thinking that the Liquid Glass is a sealant and not a polish or how do you classify it? Basically I'm wondering what I could put on top of it w/out removing it to help enhance the gloss and fill in swirls. Does a carnauba fill swirls?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by luv2spd
Thanks for your help. So am I right in thinking that the Liquid Glass is a sealant and not a polish or how do you classify it? Basically I'm wondering what I could put on top of it w/out removing it to help enhance the gloss and fill in swirls. Does a carnauba fill swirls?
Quite the opposite! I did not do a very good polish on mine last time, and after I applied Mcguires #26...all I saw was swirls.

Quick Reply: top Liquid Glass?