Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Interior Thread

hey guys, im not sure if there was a thread like this, but how bout posting pics of the interior in your fbods. im sure people have done crazy stuff, like paint a/c vents, white face gauges, pods all over the place..etc..etc..
Old 04-22-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My custom TA seats in my 2000 SS.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

sweet..keep it coming. get alot more ideas. no access to camer or what not, but all i did was white face gauges, and paint a/c vents pewter.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
sweet..keep it coming. get alot more ideas. no access to camer or what not, but all i did was white face gauges, and paint a/c vents pewter.
Post pics when you get'em. I've wanted to see what an interior looks like with just the a/c's painted, cuz I dont think i'd like painting the radio bezel.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha...its pretty crazy. it was actually my buddy who did it. he said "dont worry bout it". so i did it, and it looks really good.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Lots of small mods in there, can you find them all?
Attached Thumbnails Interior Thread-dscn0180.jpg   Interior Thread-dscn0184.jpg  
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BluCamSS
damn that stereo sys. would be gone in less than a week if you lived around me
looks nice though!
Old 04-23-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BluCamSS
I see.... t/a bezel, white face overlays, aftermarket door speakers(maybe MB Quart or Alpine from the little square logo on the grill, SS mats, short stick, eq, alpine deck, aftermarket alarm, pedals, red chevy badge on wheel, alpine V12 amps and 2 type R subs, a Q login sub enclosure, a hmmm ?? crossover........ I see a cool air intake. It's got a nawwzz fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC controller. It has direct-port nitrous injection. Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars

What did I win?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I see.... t/a bezel, white face overlays, aftermarket door speakers(maybe MB Quart or Alpine from the little square logo on the grill, SS mats, short stick, eq, alpine deck, aftermarket alarm, pedals, red chevy badge on wheel, alpine V12 amps and 2 type R subs, a Q login sub enclosure, a hmmm ?? crossover........ I see a cool air intake. It's got a nawwzz fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC controller. It has direct-port nitrous injection. Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars

What did I win?

How the hell did you find all that? lol I saw like 4 things and i thought i did pretty damn good.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be the first to say I know that what I did to my interior was NOT what everyone else has in mind taste wise, but I like the black with sharp red contrast. Anyway, here's some pics:

And my latest project that's a 100% work in progress... This is the "Get it working" version, not the "make it pretty" version. I mounted the faceplate of my CD player into my sunvisor, with custom wiring all the way to the base of the CD player in the glove box:

To fill the void in the radio bezel that's now missing a radio:

The new radio bezel has a 10.5" opening for...

A 10.5" touchscreen computer which will have my entire mp3 database, GPS navigation software, OBD-I interface running diagnostics and tuning, and lastly DVD rom for playing movies.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Sponsored by Duplicote?

Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Krylon Fusion, but no, thanks for being an *** anyway.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

omfg that red camaro looks like crapola hahaha too mush stuff going on at once inside that car lol
Old 04-23-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry meissenation...but I can't stand that. I hope the pictures don't do it justice, I know you must have a ton of work into it. It is just too much. So much for the subtle look, then again-I guess you weren't going for that.

When you go back to the future in it, let me know...I want to go to 2002, when I sold my formy, tell my self not to do it!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely wasn't going for the subtle look, I wanted custom. The charcoal ugly interior wasn't working for me, and I wanted black. After painting it and doing the clear coat, it turned out excellent because now my dash looks like it's just had a fresh coat of some sort of dash shine product (purposefully not using the word armorall since armorall ruins dashes). The black dash with the high contrasting red reminds me of retro 50's hotrods, dunno why. But yeah, as I stated before posting the pictures, I understand that most people's taste are too conservative to appreciate it, but I drive the car. The thread asked for interior pictures, and hence I posted.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meissenation
Krylon Fusion, but no, thanks for being an *** anyway.
Sorry, I see you idea and its thought out well. But you are being like I was when I was 15 and working on my first car. Doing everything the cheapest way possible. For example... spray paint.

It would look a MILLION times better if you would just recover everything with vinyl and carpet instead of painting the carpet and vinyl. Its not really much more expensive. Go to a fabric store, find your fav vinyl fabric and buy a lot of it from the roll. From there get a bunch of paint cleaner or rubbing alochol and a ton of 3M upholstery spray glue. A hair dryer or low temp heat gun would work to help you stretch the materials a little while you press them to seat with the glue. Wrap each part seperately. The doors can be taken apart with a form of heat. Hell I have used a sodering iron to help the plastic welds and then used an epoxy to re-connect the pieces from the back side such as a JB weld.

As for where you did re-cover the door panel insert at the top. You just needed to pull harder to get the fold behind the actual panel so it isnt exposed on the ends. I'll dig up a pic or 2 from something i did when I was 16 or 17.

The visor head unit. Good idea, just not executed as well as YOU could have done it. Why not buy a sheet of ABS to make a trim panel. Or even a mounting kit for a normal install and just use the face piece to boarder the face. Also re-wrap the visors with a cloth or material you choose. It doesnt take but a half hour of so to redo the pair.

You arent scared to hack into the car... thats obvious, so why be scared of trying the reupholstering?

Not trying to tell you how to do things. But its helpful advise that would look much better. I've been there and done all of that. I'll post a pic in a minute when I find it, before and after.

EDIT. Wait a minute... didyou mount the entire deck up there? Jeezus... again you obviously arent afraid of tearing into things so take apart the deck and start soldering extensions onto the ribbon cables. Practice on something else first. But then you could move the deck somewhere else and just have the face up there. Would be a nice touch.

Actually if you have AIM IM me at Brand0nSS I'll show you my teenage years lol. It is pretty cool might i add.

Last edited by BrandonSS; 04-23-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, I see you idea and its thought out well. But you are being like I was when I was 15 and working on my first car. Doing everything the cheapest way possible. For example... spray paint.

It would look a MILLION times better if you would just recover everything with vinyl and carpet instead of painting the carpet and vinyl. Its not really much more expensive. Go to a fabric store, find your fav vinyl fabric and buy a lot of it from the roll. From there get a bunch of paint cleaner or rubbing alochol and a ton of 3M upholstery spray glue. A hair dryer or low temp heat gun would work to help you stretch the materials a little while you press them to seat with the glue. Wrap each part seperately. The doors can be taken apart with a form of heat. Hell I have used a sodering iron to help the plastic welds and then used an epoxy to re-connect the pieces from the back side such as a JB weld.
That's my goal at some point or another, but when I was working part time making 6 an hour, cheapest way possible scoots ya by until being able to get it done right.

As for where you did re-cover the door panel insert at the top. You just needed to pull harder to get the fold behind the actual panel so it isnt exposed on the ends. I'll dig up a pic or 2 from something i did when I was 16 or 17.
Yeah, when I took the panel apart my dad said "Oh don't worry about it, I can do it, I did it to my 36 hotrod back in the day" so I let him have at it, with the results in the pics.

The visor head unit. Good idea, just not executed as well as YOU could have done it. Why not buy a sheet of ABS to make a trim panel. Or even a mounting kit for a normal install and just use the face piece to boarder the face. Also re-wrap the visors with a cloth or material you choose. It doesnt take but a half hour of so to redo the pair.

You arent scared to hack into the car... thats obvious, so why be scared of trying the reupholstering?

Not trying to tell you how to do things. But its helpful advise that would look much better. I've been there and done all of that. I'll post a pic in a minute when I find it, before and after.
Definitely understand that part, as I stated in the original post, it's just the "get it working" version to make sure that it would work for long periods of time and not have malfunctions and such from the 9 foot extension. Once the entire project is done and working, that's when I'm going to go through and take the time to get it looking right instead of just getting it working. The entire interior is a work in progress.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

EDIT. Wait a minute... didyou mount the entire deck up there? Jeezus... again you obviously arent afraid of tearing into things so take apart the deck and start soldering extensions onto the ribbon cables. Practice on something else first. But then you could move the deck somewhere else and just have the face up there. Would be a nice touch.
Originally Posted by meissenation
I mounted the faceplate of my CD player into my sunvisor, with custom wiring all the way to the base of the CD player in the glove box
Old 04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

wow thats one wakked out camaro totaled !! what are you 15 or 16? didnt your daddy ever tell you! cd player in the visor! **** galore dude how do you consentrate on the road? wow sorry dude you got way too much time on your hands, go get a full time job and hire a pro to do you custom work you probly be more happy with the results hahha

Quick Reply: Interior Thread