Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino or Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino or Meguiars

i just sold my 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT and am looking for a trans am or carmaro ss. on my grand am i used meguiars gold class wax but since the car was silver it didn't really do anything. the trans am or camaro that i will get will be a dark color.i would like to get zaino because i've seen all the great pics and everyone on here rants and raves about it but if i drive the car around a lot and it doesn't always sit in the garage would it be a waste of money? give me some advice please.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

The Meguiar's will be available locally and have a nice appearance. The Zaino will have to be ordered, but it will have a nice appearance and have by far the best durability.

No matter what product line you choose, make sure you properly prep your finish. *PREP WORK IS THE KEY TO ANY GREAT FINISH*
Old 05-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Launching!

well meguiars is cheaper and it doesn't have to be ordered. is zaino worth the extra penny?
Old 05-13-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Meguairs NXT is dollar for dollar better. Zaino hands down is the best, it just depends on if you want to mail order or go to the local parts store.

John
Old 05-13-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

If you take durability into consideration, Zaino is by far a better monetary value. One bottle of Zaino can last you years.

Zaino has distributors all over the country, so ordering isn't that big of a deal.

If you want it right now and don't mind applying more frequently, Meguiar's might make you happy.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Launching!

I have a 10" orbital buffer, is that the best way to apply wax? is there a beneifit of liquid over paste?
Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Application really should be done by hand. This helps you keep from getting wax on trim pieces and keeps you from wasting it in parts like emblems and badges. Let it dry and then buff it with your orbital. Honestly, if the surface was well-prepped and you applied it correctly, it shouldn't take much more effort to buff by hand. This is especially true of Zaino.

I prefer liquid over paste because I find it easier to get even. My experiences with paste have left too many high and low spots.

-Mike
Old 05-14-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I give my vote to Meguires NXT. My car does'nt get driven very much though (1000-1500 miles a year, maybe) so I can't really attest to the durability of it, but I really like it, I use the spray detailer too and it also works great. I wax mine at least every 2 months if not more and every time the paint looks deeper and has more gloss, so I don't if it's wearing that quick or what. I think I am probably taking off some of the previous wax and just putting more on since NXT does have some cleaning ability.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have been a Zaino user since 1996 (before that Meguires from 1992-till I discovered Zaino @ the G2).

Ordering is easy you will have your product in 2-3 days max, prep work is the key but once you have the 1st two steps of Zaino down the rest is a piece of cake. Trust me once you go Zaino you will never go back to the others

Sean
Old 05-14-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

True that! Zaino is a great product, ever since my friend waxed my car w/ it I had to get some 4 myself. I have 2 coats on my SS and the Midnight Blue shines like a pearl. Zaino last for a while. SO I recommend it! Good luck.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

I give my vote to Formula 113. Have to order it, sold on ebay by a distributor. Doesn't last all that long, but very good wax.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Launching!

i think im gonna go with the zaino. thanks for all the help guys. any tips you have for me would be great too.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

If you read the instructions on Zaino's site, they are really good. The only thing I disagree with is the use of Dawn to wash your car. The jury is still out on whether it does harm to your paint, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Remember: Zaino is a sealant. If you have swirls and scratches in your surface, I would suggest getting some true polish and remove them. Otherwise, you will end up with very shiney swirls and scratches.

-Mike
Old 05-14-2005, 02:07 PM

Ill take the meguires NXT anyday! I used to be a Zaino user, but it looks like crap on a dark colored car. The only plus Ill give Zaino is the durability. You can go 6 months without redoing it. My NxT lasts about 2 in FL. The NXT gave my black car a MUCH deeper and wet look.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a silver car and at shows it is tough to compete against the red & black cars for shine. I found Meguiars #7 glaze and #26 wax a great combo for shine . People at the TA Nats are impressed with the gloss and think I have some secret. I just do it by hand and use multiple coats. NXT is a good value also. I drive my car all year but I wax it a lot so I don't worry about durability
Old 05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Zaino will be releasing a paint cleanser/swirl remover very soon. It has a true diminishing abrasive, so the Zaino line will be much more complete.

The new Z2 Pro also gives a much more natural shine than the previous Z2.

PREP WORK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!! DON'T LEAVE IT OUT!!!

Quick Reply: Zaino or Meguiars