Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SS Hood Decals / Grill HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SS Hood Decals / Grill HELP!

http://www.police.uci.edu/images/car...ro_SS_Rupp.jpg
I have looked forever for that stinger style hood decal if any one knows where i can find it i would REALLY appreciated it. I believe that is a wings west grill if im wrong please correct me. thanks for the help.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

The only places I have seen sell decals for the stingers are afterthoughtsauto.com and 3rdgendecals.com check them out and see if they have anything you like.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Is this what your looking for?
http://www.3rdgendecals.com/NewManta.htm
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Talking got it

02blackss is the man....lol that is exactly what i was looking for thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that one would be much easier to install than one like mine. my suggestion would be to get the hood painted if you want a full manta. also, that grille looks like a wings west to me as well.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abadss
yeah that one would be much easier to install than one like mine. my suggestion would be to get the hood painted if you want a full manta. also, that grille looks like a wings west to me as well.

Ha! That's funny, I designed that hood stripe design two years ago as the Manta stripe is such a biotch to install. I didn't know if Jay was still selling them or not.

My friend wanted their white car with a Red ZL-1 stripe but even the seller could not get the manta on their car w/o looking like shat. So I came up with the "New Manta" which is a take-off of Steve's car but the stripe runs off the back of the hood to match up with the single wide ZL-1 rear stripe. This stripe is very easy to install BTW. It was installed for pictures and then quickly replaced with Red Paint as he still wanted the full SS hood scoop red like the origional Manta stripe.

As for the grille it is just the stock black GM factory turd filled in and painted white. Doesn't look too bad for $10 in paint and filler. It has since been replaced with a SLP SS grille that has been painted white and looks much better than the GM factory piece.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Launching!

I think i like that better then the full hood scoop done. I think i would do that one but with black on mine.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Guy2626c
I think i like that better then the full hood scoop done. I think i would do that one but with black on mine.
yeah i also am not a huge fan of the entire scoop painted, but i really like this new manta alot. tried ordering off of 3rdgendecals.com but evertime i push add to cart nothing happens ill give them a couple days to try to fix it as i never found a phone number on the site
Old 07-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

yeah that new manta stripe is awesome...

im still undecided on which manta stripe to get, the one pictured on the link, or the full one (in black). im planning on doing either one on my hood soon
Old 07-18-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS LS1
As for the grille it is just the stock black GM factory turd filled in and painted white. Doesn't look too bad for $10 in paint and filler. It has since been replaced with a SLP SS grille that has been painted white and looks much better than the GM factory piece.
dunno what you are talking about there... but the picture he linked IS a wings west insert.

Quick Reply: SS Hood Decals / Grill HELP!