Old 07-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rice is like saying NOOB to a gamer!
Hah,
Old 07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are a lot of Paul Walker Jr.'s in this thread.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me clear this up for those who think neons are "rice" only. Go to a car show. If you'll notice that most of the cars in a local car show are cheaply bought 4 cylinder cars that have been fixed up and have many lighting accents. The reason most people associate neon lights with "ricers" is because they mostly only see them on "ricers". Now go to a car show with some American muscle entered and you'll see the same thing, lighting accents. Neon lights isn't a "rice" thing, its a show car thing. Many of you need to get that straight because you have the whole thing confused. And don't give me the Fast and the Furious bullsh**. If you'll notice, those cars are show cars, "ricers" or not, thats what they are.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000BlkCamaroSS
Let me clear this up for those who think neons are "rice" only. Go to a car show. If you'll notice that most of the cars in a local car show are cheaply bought 4 cylinder cars that have been fixed up and have many lighting accents. The reason most people associate neon lights with "ricers" is because they mostly only see them on "ricers". Now go to a car show with some American muscle entered and you'll see the same thing, lighting accents. Neon lights isn't a "rice" thing, its a show car thing. Many of you need to get that straight because you have the whole thing confused. And don't give me the Fast and the Furious bullsh**. If you'll notice, those cars are show cars, "ricers" or not, thats what they are.
Amen to that.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
I had subframe connectors welded in so no future owner would be tempted to put neons in those channels. But I think my SS should just be simple, tatseful performance. If I had a black WS6 or something that was already obnoxious and in your face, I might consider neons for a brief moment.
yeah...i see your point..an SS doesnt stand out like a WS6
Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000BlkCamaroSS
The American Muscle car shows that I have been to maybe a handful in a few hundred REAL Muscle cars have "lighting accents"... The new-age car shows will have lights and such though.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by meissenation
I'm just sick of the word "rice." Use gawdy, or something that makes more sense. a 3 foot tall wing on a car, ANY CAR, is gawdy. Underbody neons on a car, if done tastefully... not rice, sometimes gawdy, but not rice. The fast and the furious was how many years ago? Get over it, get a new word, and stop bitching because of the damn movie.

With that said, I think underbody neons can look very good, and the main thing to keep in mind is that they're usually meant for car shows, not for the track. There's two types of Camaro owners... Power and Show.

People that own a camaro for their power and speed and drag racing keep their Camaro "clean" and only do the major mods to their engine. They don't seem to respect being different, and like to be clones of every other "clean" Camaro out there. Most of the time, y'all don't just understand that some things are meant for show and show only (such as underbody neons), and as "gawdy" or "rice" as they seem, they really do help at car shows.
I agree
RICE
REALLY GAWDY CAR
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive seen a COUPLE cars look good with neon underbodies, but have yet to see a f-body look good with them.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by muscleHud
I have seen so many fights and arguments on this site about neon lights. ALL of us are on here because we LOVE our cars some MORE THEN OUR GIRLFRIENDS, and we want our cars to be the best looking or fastest...right? Well im tired of seeing these arguments about neons, and seeing members get flamed all to hell because they are thinking abut adding underbody neons to there car they love so much. people say that its stupid...bla bla bla...well ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO WANT NEONS UNDER YOUR CAR...ITS NOT STUPID!!! I have seen some badass set-ups at many different car shows and they look AWESOME....AND....they get MOST OF THE ATTENTION for being brave enough to do something different. This forum is the only place that i have seen that is bad at this. At car shows people love it! ...the people here who like to race A LOT and can afford the keep fixing there car... congradulations...i respect you guys...and the same should go for the people who want there ride to turn heads by a unique look. stop the HATE people. everyone has an opinion and i know that...but be your own person..and dont hate "neons" (or whatever) just because someone else does!
Damn talk about bringing back a dead thread. But I have to agree stop flaming and talking **** about people who just want something different than other people or stock appearing cars(SS hoods, Z06 rims, etc). I love SS hoods and spoilers and even corvette rims but not EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE THEM ON THEIR CAR FOR IT TO BE ACCEPTED!! I am on alot of other forums(Hayabusa, corvette, mustang etc) and have never seen anyone bash their fellow car owners like I do on this site.

Last edited by J&J Motorsports FL; 01-26-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Nice three year old thread lol
Old 01-26-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think its just like lambo door you get them because you want the all the attention especially seing watching people hate and you think that there jelous.

looks good when your in a show or a meet or something but i dont think every day driving ****.
like some people in there hondas with the doors up trying to drive in the cayons seen it before lame....
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i haven't seen as many underbody neon kits or interior kits as i've seen LEDs lately. it seems as though tons of LEDs is the new thing with the tuner cars. however, i do think underbody kits turned on, going down the road is very annoying and obnoxious, especially the flashing ones. there's a kid around here with a new mustang that's all done out with a body kit, hood, quarter windows, etc, and he drives like a maniac down back roads with his neons flashing. someday, i will meet up with him in my '97...
Old 01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yea, i almost forgot....

haha
Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

I'm a Trans American Riceroni Treat!!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

if i was 16 and had a civic i would put neons on it, oh and i would have to be dumb...in before the lock on a 3 year old thread
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

^beautiful! what i'm talking about would be shift **** LEDs, flashing radio LEDs, wiper arm LEDs, and LED strips around every contour of the dashboard and console... oh yea... and a BIG RED LED button for NOSSSS right in the middle of the dashboard!!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had neons on my iroc. felt liek a queer. its not as bad to just leave them on but when theyre flashing and **** it gets to be too much one color, solid, no sequences, might be ok.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

as someone else said, neons are for SHOW CARS so if you dont have a true show car then its rice. plain and simple.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think things are only rice if it looks tacky... If done right, anything "rice" can be nice.

I like neons, done right. Never had any on the outside of my car (could never find anything that looked like it complimented the car instead of being a distraction) but had some inside, just like this actually:

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I think neon lights are great if installed cleanly and with the right colors. I wouldn't drive around the streets with them but definitely great to catch eyes at a showing or meet. To each his own

Frankly I gotta laugh when people try use the term "rice" in a serious way

Here's my rice
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Mine was lighting up subs though...

Quick Reply: fight the "neon is r*ce" shit