Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

fight the "neon is r*ce" shit

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fight the "neon is r*ce" ****

I have seen so many fights and arguments on this site about neon lights. ALL of us are on here because we LOVE our cars some MORE THEN OUR GIRLFRIENDS, and we want our cars to be the best looking or fastest...right? Well im tired of seeing these arguments about neons, and seeing members get flamed all to hell because they are thinking abut adding underbody neons to there car they love so much. people say that its stupid...bla bla bla...well ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO WANT NEONS UNDER YOUR CAR...ITS NOT STUPID!!! I have seen some badass set-ups at many different car shows and they look AWESOME....AND....they get MOST OF THE ATTENTION for being brave enough to do something different. This forum is the only place that i have seen that is bad at this. At car shows people love it! ...the people here who like to race A LOT and can afford the keep fixing there car... congradulations...i respect you guys...and the same should go for the people who want there ride to turn heads by a unique look. stop the HATE people. everyone has an opinion and i know that...but be your own person..and dont hate "neons" (or whatever) just because someone else does!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

i personally think neons done can look bad ***, what looks better than a jet black t/a with blue neons flashing underneath it. looks pretty bad *** driving down the street i think.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by muscleHud
be your own person..and dont hate "neons" (or whatever) just because someone else does!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

i personally dont like neons. never have and never will. i think they take attention away from a clean car...

but thats just me.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! Oh wait.......Yeah I like them too sometimes, when done right. I've seen them on old hot rods and it looks pretty sick. Like I saw a Black and burnt orange 69 Camaro at a GTG, and it had orange under glows. Looked pretty wicked.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KIDS and the FAST AND THE FURIOUS. Neon lights = Rice.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was thinking about throwing 2 Miller High Life bar neons under my car, but they didn't fit. I mounted them in the back seat now.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

your user handle shouldnt have "muscle" in it
Old 07-05-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen them on some cars that look good but mostly I think of them as rice, cant explain it but the neons are associated with imports therefore I am turned off by the thought of neons on a domestic vehicle.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Neon has it's place, ...

(In the bar room window, ...)
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

You know everything is good in moderation. When something is over done is when it becomes "Rice". For example the 3 foot tall wing. If it is done tastefully and has a suddle look, then it probably looks good.

PS- I personally do not care for neons, maybe because I have never seen them put on tastefully.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just sick of the word "rice." Use gawdy, or something that makes more sense. a 3 foot tall wing on a car, ANY CAR, is gawdy. Underbody neons on a car, if done tastefully... not rice, sometimes gawdy, but not rice. The fast and the furious was how many years ago? Get over it, get a new word, and stop bitching because of the damn movie.

With that said, I think underbody neons can look very good, and the main thing to keep in mind is that they're usually meant for car shows, not for the track. There's two types of Camaro owners... Power and Show.

People that own a camaro for their power and speed and drag racing keep their Camaro "clean" and only do the major mods to their engine. They don't seem to respect being different, and like to be clones of every other "clean" Camaro out there. Most of the time, y'all don't just understand that some things are meant for show and show only (such as underbody neons), and as "gawdy" or "rice" as they seem, they really do help at car shows.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

For example the 3 foot tall wing.
Superbird/Charger Daytona...

On Dodge-Charger.com we used to have a list of things that ricers have copied off muscle cars (mostly Mopars)... such as weird colors (think of the 70s Mopars) and big wings (Superbird/Charger Daytona), also stripes along the side and using flat black hoods (Challenger T/A)... I would have to look for the list.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I saw a mint mint Chevy Bel-Air at a car show recently that was two-tone white and aqua. The car was clean, factory-spec, no crazy wheels or different ride height, perfectly restored.

It did have one thing, aqua neon running under the car. Honestly, it did look nice. Not one person felt otherwise. It can be done.

On an F-body, I haven't seen any yet, but if it works and looks nice, then, hey, it looks nice, I guess!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

My friend has green on his green camaro. He has the body kit and you can't see the bar like most people that do it so all you see under his car when he drives by is bright green. It looks really nice. I agree that some cars it looks dumb, especially when you can see the bar. If done right it looks good, BUT you won't see it on my car. would rather spend that money on something else
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Who cares, whoevers name is on the title should decide whats nice for his/her car. But if you ask and opinion from someone, then perhaps you'll get a answer you'll not want to hear.
I like rice, but only the pork fried type.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

(At first, I thought this was another "SRT4's are not rice!" thread. )

This is why I generally keep my negative opinions of other people's rides to myself. I think I'm the king of typing a response to a thread, then thinking better of it and moving on to another thread. There is a difference between responding to a thread where someone says "What would look better?" vs. "Is this rice?".

If someone took the time and money to put something on their car, I hope they are pleased with the end result. Personally, I like to keep my car clean and "quiet" - no stripes, no body kit, no neon lights. I see lots of cars that have done it really well, but that's not my thing. If it looks good to the owner, it was worth it.

-Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen to above post.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres how I feel about it if its YOUR car do what YOU want to it if someone else thinks its "Ricey" who cares does it have an LS1 under the hood? Yes?! Well hey thats not rice! Do what YOU like to YOUR car and if other people don't like it then thats why they have their car to mess with or not mess with. If you wanna bitch about rice go find a 1.6L Honda with Red strobe lights, stickers with a buncha **** thats not in their car, unpainted body kits, and 10 foot tall airplane wings crudely bolted to a now dented trunk. But even then its their car... I just hate that little putter putter FART! sound they make...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

like everyone above keeps saying, its your car, you do what you want..... you just can't expect everyone to like it.

Quick Reply: fight the "neon is r*ce" shit