No, but I would'nt get it
22.39%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

body kits are not rice... at most only annoying for people with lowered cars such as myself.... here's pics... judge for yourself:
http://community.webshots.com/album/127230874UAtXeT
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk02bird
my ground effects came as an factory option, w68 appearance package
dang. they look good. I wouldnt mind buying those. If they made them somewhere.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Launching!

problem is, I can't find the tasteful kits anywhere.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea, Wings West really put a hurtin on a lot of people... on a better note, I may be getting rid of my GFX at some point soon, so someone may get their wish.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
yea, Wings West really put a hurtin on a lot of people... on a better note, I may be getting rid of my GFX at some point soon, so someone may get their wish.
a GFX?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

lets start a petition to censor the word rice. hahaha

really though, sooner or later if everyone doesnt have the sae cam, intake, and exhaust its going to be rice.

On this site rice = not whats popular among this sight.

when it should = stupid things imports do to make their cars seem more like ours when they're slow as hell.

I'm sure theres a honda sight somewhere that everytime they see a damn cavalier with an SS hood they say "damn thats f-bodyish."
Old 07-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spy2520
lets start a petition to censor the word rice. hahaha

really though, sooner or later if everyone doesnt have the sae cam, intake, and exhaust its going to be rice.

On this site rice = not whats popular among this sight.

when it should = stupid things imports do to make their cars seem more like ours when they're slow as hell.

I'm sure theres a honda sight somewhere that everytime they see a damn cavalier with an SS hood they say "damn thats f-bodyish."
Lol. I agree. I classify ricers as people who do drastic things to their cars....keeping them just as slow and making them look and sound hideous (like those annoying fart cans). I have to admit, sometimes, every so often, there are people who make civics,acuras,etc look decent and formitable competitors.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
RICE

wouldnt look so ghey if the body kit had all new bumpers, not tack on pieces with 3m tape that come off after winter, i have installed a few body kits like my truck ( www.cardomain.com/id/v8blakdak ) and nothing ever fits right, peices take alot of time to get right and are usually flimsy even after putting on extra brackets. i assume OEM G/E fit nicely but the RS G/E IMO is way too tacky. if u want a higher spoiler, get the SS spoiler. a lowered fbody looks better over one with a bodykit.

I agree, a lowered f-body looks way sicker then a kit, plus you dont have to worry about ripping the bitch of when you go over a speed bump....In colorado, body kits dont last, roads are trashed and d.o.t dont give a **** here...........
Old 07-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigSmallBlck2GZ
I agree, a lowered f-body looks way sicker then a kit, plus you dont have to worry about ripping the bitch of when you go over a speed bump....In colorado, body kits dont last, roads are trashed and d.o.t dont give a **** here...........
so how much would lowering a trans am cost?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
RICE

wouldnt look so ghey if the body kit had all new bumpers, not tack on pieces with 3m tape that come off after winter, i have installed a few body kits like my truck ( www.cardomain.com/id/v8blakdak ) and nothing ever fits right, peices take alot of time to get right and are usually flimsy even after putting on extra brackets. i assume OEM G/E fit nicely but the RS G/E IMO is way too tacky. if u want a higher spoiler, get the SS spoiler. a lowered fbody looks better over one with a bodykit.
How is the RS kit tacky? It's very basic pieces. You can't get more subtle than the RS kit for GFX.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lowering the car an inch or two looks nice, but I like it even lower to the ground. Main thing to keep in mind is that the ground effects kits (atleast my WW F-1 OEM replica kit) hangs down as low as the airdam, so if the air dam normally scrapes on something, you'd scrape the gfx on it too.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love the look of the RS package and was what I was wanting when I set out looking for a camaro a year ago when I bought mine. I also plan to lower it with some BMR springs and also put some Hooker longtubes on it too. I just think the GFX make the car stand out IMO and there are very few around my area that have them. Last year at the Fbody gathering at the corvette museum I was one of the only LS1 cars there with factory ground effects (at least I did'nt see another one) and my car seemed to get alot of attention.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blk02bird
i have ground effects, received nothing but compliments
Anybody have part numbers for this lip kit. Thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
How is the RS kit tacky? It's very basic pieces. You can't get more subtle than the RS kit for GFX.
just expressing my thoughts.. also most of the RS's around here are v6.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just trying to figure how you see it as such, most of the RS kits I've seen are on Z's, only one I've seen thus far has been on an RS..... a completely gold one
Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brian2006
guh damn! Chill down bro it's not like anyones goin balistic over the topic some people just have their own opinion that specific body kits tend to lean towards rice. Would you rather them say they resemble import automobiles? It's just a word of distinguishing particular cars.
he didnt put anybody down but i will...the man is right...you can only hear the word rice so many times before it starts getting old and frustrating...you guys are all tools! be your own person! get a NEW WORD!! they should make a poser icon for the small minded copy-cats like you!
its not like his car is a million colors and sounds like a fart can...then call it "import" its an american made FBODY just like, if not better, then yours (thats IF you own one or is that daddys car) without the ground fx the car is plain...plain and simple!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DBeck
so how much would lowering a trans am cost?

I jus picked up a set of 1.8 drop from a non sponser company, paid 180 shipped....car looks 100xs better, easy to install, and still rides good....guna top it off with a stut brace and some other little suspension parts.....pm if your interested in getting a set........
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 AM
12 Second Club

I know I have a thread already with pics of my car but it seems to fall into this topic as well. I have the SApackage on my 00' Z28 and I also get lots of compliments on it. If you think its rice then thats ok, you are entitled to your opinion.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DBeck
Lol. I agree. I classify ricers as people who do drastic things to their cars....keeping them just as slow and making them look and sound hideous (like those annoying fart cans). I have to admit, sometimes, every so often, there are people who make civics,acuras,etc look decent and formitable competitors.
i highly agree with this, that west wing kit, when in its full form, looks very rice, just the ground effects looks tolerable, but imho it makes the front end look to tall
i also agree with the lowering of the car looks better than a kit, my car is lowered, tho i must say that blk02bird's option and SleeperZzZ28's kit is very nice too i saw one of those in person(SleeperZzZ28's kit), i love the spoiler on it, i tihnk it looks better than the SS, tho, this conversation isnt about spoilers , that is my two cents

Last edited by Cephiros; 07-20-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the WW... and a red lighted bird

Last edited by D_Run; 08-02-2005 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Body Kits