Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DEATH TO HATERS!! (Leather help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry DEATH TO HATERS!! (Leather help)

I don't know why some mother ******* out there just can't stand it when somebody has a nicer car than they do. But, I'll tell you what, if I EVER catch one of these ******** in the act… I'm gonna beat the livin' hell outta 'em.

I went to Lowe's last night. I had the T-Tops out cause it was such a nice day… low humidity, mostly sunny. I parked way down one aisle, at least four spaces from the nearest car, as usual. I rolled up the windows and locked the car but, left the tops out as I normally would do when making a quick stop. I was inside Lowe's about 20 minutes. When I came out and walked down to my car I noticed some drips of liquid running down my driver's door window. I immediately thought it was starting to rain. I looked up… no clouds. Maybe a bird pissed on it? I was at least two spaces from the nearest tree and there were no power lines nearby. Okay… WTF?

So, I opened the door and there was my answer. Some SOB had poured a ******' Sprite or Mountain Dew in my seat. There's this fizzy puddle just soaking into the leather. I just stood there in shock for half a minute and then realized that I had nothing in the car to soak it up with. Not one damn rag or towel. Just a couple pieces of paper. As I pressed down on the seat with the paper I could tell that more liquid was oozing out out the seat than what I could actually see. I did what I could with the paper and drove home sitting on a floormat. Then I soaked the seat with Windex and blotted and dried it as much as possible and then wiped it down with some leather cleaner/protectant. Just wondering if there's anything else I should do to the leather. I know that **** soaked into the padding. If they were cloth seats, I'd just break out the steamvac. But, that wouldn't work on leather… would it?

If I ever catch some asswipe doing this kind of **** in the future, doesn't even matter if it's not my car, he's going to endure the retribution that has accumulated for ALL past and future asswipes like himself.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Cut his Freakin ***** off! I've personally never had anyone do anything (YET) but i hope for the other persons sake they keep their sticky F****** hands off my car
Old 09-26-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks, very, very sorry to hear some low life POS who mother should've swallowed screwed with you ride. When you catch them, kick 'em in the windpipe for me...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

That sucks man. Things like this make me want to take my tops out and park the car somewhere, then hide and catch somebody doing something like that. Just to make an example outta their ***. Beat them within an inch of their life and I bet they don't do that again.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

There isn't much you can really do. You did about everything you can. Unless you want to pull the cover off and clean up the padding under the cover but I really wouldn't mess with it. You can steam the leather but it will streach and smooth out the leather, I wouldn't do it.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:04 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some big stores like that have video cameras monitoring the parking lot. Worth looking into.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

I'd pull the cover and at least dry the padding. You don't know what kind of mold can form under there. It very easy to pull the cover.

1. Remove two screws holding the seat belt bracket to the head rest. Remove bracket.

2. Unbolt the seat rails from the floor of the car. It's four bolts, two on each rail, one in front, one in back.

3. Unplug electrical connector under driver seat (if you have power seats). Now you can remove the seat.

4. Where the seat back meets the seat bottom, there is a bolt holdin the two together. It's one bolt on one side, but I forget which. You'll see it. Now you can remove the seat back from the seat bottom.

5. You'll need to unbolt the seat rails from the seat bottom now to get the seat cover off. It's been awhile since I've done this, so I'm not sure how many bolts there are. There aren't any hidden though, so it's pretty straightforward.

6. Next, you need to remove the plastic paneling at the bottom of the seat were the seat controls are.

7. After all this, you should be left with a basic seat bottom (frame, padding, cover). The cover is pretty straightforward to remove. There are long plastic clips sewed into the leater that hold it to the frame. This is also very straightforward, you just gotta figure out where the clips are. There are no hogrings on the FRONT seats, so you don't gotta worry about that.

8. After you're done cleaning and drying, just reassemble everything backwards from 7-1. It will take you approx 1 hr to get the seat apart. Reassembley should take you about 15 minutes.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its stories like this that make me want to create a video camera system in my car to view every angle of my car 24/7 and record it to a harddrive. Turn it on with a flick of a switch (so it doesn't record while it's in your garage, for example), and then can rest assured whatever happens to your car you'll have video proof. Would only have to keep the video mpg for 2 days at most, because chances are if something happens to your car you'll notice it within the first day...

Back on topic, really sorry to hear about that, man. I'd kill the f***er that messes with my car like that.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meissenation
Its stories like this that make me want to create a video camera system in my car to view every angle of my car 24/7 and record it to a harddrive. Turn it on with a flick of a switch (so it doesn't record while it's in your garage, for example), and then can rest assured whatever happens to your car you'll have video proof. Would only have to keep the video mpg for 2 days at most, because chances are if something happens to your car you'll notice it within the first day...

Back on topic, really sorry to hear about that, man. I'd kill the f***er that messes with my car like that.
That would be badass when you're racing too! Post in the Kills section with all sorts of video angles showing you wiping your *** with someone.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

One more thing, the seat frame and seat rails have SHARP *** EDGES! Wear gloves.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

simialar thing happened to a friend. some asswipes poured flour all over the inside of his TA like 2 or 3 bags worth
Old 09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
simialar thing happened to a friend. some asswipes poured flour all over the inside of his TA like 2 or 3 bags worth
Wow, that is seriously f'ed up. Did he have it professionaly cleaned? That must of been a bitch to clean up.

I'm glad my t-tops were on when some ******* decided to throw melted chocolate, cheese, and nachos all over it. Yup, I was at the movie theater and parked my usual 20 spots away from the nearest car. Apparantely that just makes it easier for someone to **** with you.

Funny thing is, when I pulled into the parking lot before the show, there were four or five hicks in a pickup leaving and yelling something at me and my girlfriend. I think it was those ******* hillbilly's that jacked me.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks man.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
Thats kinda funny,(If that wasnt me) Its kinda a lession to be learned dont park with your top down or T tops off unless its some were that you can see your car. It just makes it that wasy to **** with, Its sad but thats how people are.It happend to me with my transam boy was i fucken pissed.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TS6
Some big stores like that have video cameras monitoring the parking lot. Worth looking into.
Almost all Home Depots and Loews have parking lot cameras . Worth looking into.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Launching!

So far I have had no problems like that. Althoug I come out the other morning and someone decided to hock a big wad of lungbutter on my driver side window. Wasn't happy about it but there was nothing I could do about it other than take it to the car wash. I have also given up on parking away from everyone. Just makes you a target like slick said. I just try to park near other nice/newer cars. Plus you don't have to walk a country mile to get to the store.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

That sucks man......I hate doing it, but I always put my tops back on when I'm going inside and can't see the car. No matter how long.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

How much i would love to catch someone in the act of doing that. I would give them the hardest right hook known to man.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

I worked at Lowe's and they do indeed have pretty decent security cameras. Check into it, because I would kill those *************.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that man, but I would probably try to clean the pad as well to prevent any molding as Matt said. Trust me if it were my car I'd be f'in pissed too and like everyone else said they would be hurtin bad if I ever caught them.