Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

dog scratched my SS !?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy dog scratched my SS !?!?

well, i was baby sitting my moms dog (pit bull) for a week and was keeping him in the garage.

well i left the windows down in the SS and he JUMPED in the window... and tried to jump on the rear hatch!.... so i have about 50 scraches on the side of my car!

only a few are deep.... so what can i do?

clay bar? buff? abrasive polish?

any help would be great..... or should i just take it to a body shop....?

thanks guys!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kill the dog.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would start with the clay bar, but it will probably take some buffing to get them out. Do you have the Porter Cable or similar buffer/polisher? I just "repaired" a customers car that had the same problem. Their dog jumped up on the side. They have a silver civic not a Hugger I ended up using the PC with a medium compound to get most of them out. The deep ones where "knocked down" some so they blend in better. I reclayed, washed and polished that area. They were very pleased with how it turned out.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
Kill the dog.
I know you're kidding but all too often people always immediately say "kill the dog" or "kill the cat". I'm sorry but if an animal scratches your car - it's always your fault. Yes, I know, hard to beilieve but it's true. Animals have no idea what cars are and they don't know they get scratches on them when they climb or jump onto them. They just simply don't comprehend your attachment to your vehicle. To avoid this problem, the car would have been safer in the driveway.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
I know you're kidding but all too often people always immediately say "kill the dog" or "kill the cat". I'm sorry but if an animal scratches your car - it's always your fault. Yes, I know, hard to beilieve but it's true. Animals have no idea what cars are and they don't know they get scratches on them when they climb or jump onto them. They just simply don't comprehend your attachment to your vehicle. To avoid this problem, the car would have been safer in the driveway.
Yeah your right.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
Kill the dog.
That is funny! The car be fixed but a dead dog can't. I aint no animal rights activist I hunt and fish. Where else can I legally kill a living animal then eat it? Hmm that sounded kinda sick. That was funny though
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dont get me started on this suject, There is a group of cats my neighbor raises and I dont know why but they love to walk, sit, mark(territory) and screw on my car. I hate those little bastards. I was wanting to take my paint ball gun to them but didnt want to hit my car. So....now they walk, sit, mark and screw on the car cover. Little bastard cats
Old 10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ws6nick
Dont get me started on this suject, There is a group of cats my neighbor raises and I dont know why but they love to walk, sit, mark(territory) and screw on my car. I hate those little bastards. I was wanting to take my paint ball gun to them but didnt want to hit my car. So....now they walk, sit, mark and screw on the car cover. Little bastard cats
Gather evidence, pictures, etc. Then the thing to do would be to warn the owner that if they cannot control their animals and keep them from doing that (show the pictures), you will call the local 'animal control' and have them trapped and taken away. If they refuse, call animal control.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Banned

I would forget about the car. Focus completely on finding the dog and taking it to a secluded spot. That way you'll have privacy when you savage it. First, you need to get your kicking style tailored to inflicting the maximum mental damage. Don't stop kicking untill the subject loses control of basic body funtions, like urinating and such. To finish it off, you should show it pictures of your scratched car and verbally abuse it. Afterwards, eat some Taco Bell and wake up from your nightmare.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6nick
Use a bb gun. It doesn't hurt them too bad, but let me tell ya, they get the point.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
Gather evidence, pictures, etc. Then the thing to do would be to warn the owner that if they cannot control their animals and keep them from doing that (show the pictures), you will call the local 'animal control' and have them trapped and taken away. If they refuse, call animal control.
Originally Posted by Reason
make the cats dissapear
as for scratches you are probably SOL. buff it and whatever dosent come out you are proably left with... proably get a shop to put paint in the stratches and fade out the clear and buff it but im sure its not cheap. also teach the dog to not jump in car windows
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info guys.... ill post up the results.

Quick Reply: dog scratched my SS !?!?