Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Have question about removing interior air vents...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Have question about removing interior air vents...

in my 99' Trans Am. I am wanting to pull them out for paint. Just need to know before I start pullin if they just pull out of the dash? I need to take them apart & paint both sides of the inner vent wings & the piece that slides up & down on the front. Also do the small side window vents also just pull out(the ones in the a-pillars on both sides) Any information would be helpful.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the defroster vents just pull staight out. Theyre held in by two tabs. Not sure on the others..

Last edited by kraaazymike; 10-26-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ac vents are a little tricky, i find the easiest way is to look inside adn see where the 2 round...lets call them tabs, ate holding the face on the top and bottom, then the 2 smaller round tabs put a flathead in between the bet and the plastic frame, and pry up jsut lsightly to knock the two tabs out, then pullt he face out, then pull the slits out, then use something else small and flat to push up behind the vent peice, (where the tab is holding them in place) to pop the last part of the vent out

you can try to jsut go tot he last step, but tis a bitch to do with the slits in there, i dont recommend it.