Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My thoughts on the berger panel...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josh99ta
It looks good, and is easy to do, therefore why not do it?
One could argue then, why mod a vehicle in the first place, or namely ours specifically. FBodies look great, why do anything to it? Simple, to stand out, look different. Same theory, if you live in an area where there's an over abundance of stock fbodies, one would mod their vehicle to look different. In this case, there's so many modded berger panels floating around, to be different you either do something entirely 100% different and unique (what I'm going to do) or leave it stock.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meissenation
In this case, there's so many modded berger panels floating around, to be different you either do something entirely 100% different and unique (what I'm going to do) or leave it stock.
I've considered this as well. Not that there's an overabundance of Berger-paneled Camaros around here, but just to be a bit different in a "normal" way and leave it stock. I've almost considered just doing fill-ins on the stock panel instead of on the Berger one.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kraaazymike

My Berger idea:
hmm kinda looks like ..I dont know... a...TRANS AM hehe

seriously, i think the berger panel depends greatly on whats done to the rest of the car, i agree that it seems to "finish off" a car with a black roof. i think they look better on darker colored cars also.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Before:

After:

The Berger panel ties in the black roof and black stinger on the hood. I have the MBA billet inserts. I think it looks great and have never had even a slightest negative remark. I had mine done almost two years ago, and don't regret it one bit. I see alot of Berger panels on the F-Body sites (seems it has been the popular thing lately) but haven't seen too many in person. Mine is painted glossy black.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

that first pic is deffinatly my car

this is what it looks like finished

as for only painting the middle part matte it might look good, but i think it would almost need a line in the plastic piece to break up the two
Old 10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i like the regular berger panel, but yours may look a little better if an old style Z28 badge was put right in the middle like the 68-69 Zs had. That would take some work as well since the line of the trunk is right there.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what about something like this?
Attached Thumbnails My thoughts on the berger panel...-rearss.jpg  
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by meissenation
One could argue then, why mod a vehicle in the first place, or namely ours specifically. FBodies look great, why do anything to it? Simple, to stand out, look different. Same theory, if you live in an area where there's an over abundance of stock fbodies, one would mod their vehicle to look different. In this case, there's so many modded berger panels floating around, to be different you either do something entirely 100% different and unique (what I'm going to do) or leave it stock.
I do things to my car because I personally feel they improve upon the looks, not to be different from the next guy. I couldn't care less what he's up to.

On your note, why lower the car at all? I mean everybody is driving around with lowered F-Bodies these days. Why dont we just leave it at stock height?

The Berger mod, while it might not be your cup of tea, and it might be common, is still a great mod for appearance if you feel it makes your car look better. No sense in bagging on someone because it's a common mod.

And FWIW, in my neck of the woods we have quite a few Camaros and I cant think of but one or two that have the Berger mod.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by z28smokin
Before:
After:
The Berger panel ties in the black roof and black stinger on the hood. I have the MBA billet inserts. I think it looks great and have never had even a slightest negative remark. I had mine done almost two years ago, and don't regret it one bit. I see alot of Berger panels on the F-Body sites (seems it has been the popular thing lately) but haven't seen too many in person. Mine is painted glossy black.
That car looks amazing. Good job man. Gorgeous.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the berger panel idea. I'm quite fond of mine. I have yet to see a smoothed panel with a SS emblem in the center like what came on 69 Camaros. I think that would look pretty cool.

69 Camaro example.

Last edited by 67SS&99Z28; 10-27-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by josh99ta
That car looks amazing. Good job man. Gorgeous.
Thank you very much. I have the polished billet SS and bowtie for on the right side, just haven't desided if I want them on there yet.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

My car is black to begin with so I didn't have to worry if the BERGER MOD would flow with my color scheme. However, I did have the trunk keyhole shaved, the camaro letters filled in, and the '69 Z28 badge right in the center. The badge was ordered from YEAR ONE and originally can with the "28" from the "Z28" in white, I painted it black and it looks kick ***.I would post a pic but I'm at work and I'm not suppose to be ONLINE, oh well. If anyone has a SPRINT phone and wants a pic, just give me you phone# and I'll send you some pics.

Last edited by PERFECT Z28; 10-27-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
I like the berger panel idea. I'm quite fond of mine. I have yet to see a smoothed panel with a SS emblem in the center like what came on 69 Camaros. I think that would look pretty cool.
i did that but with a Z28 emblem

personally i like it tons better than the red panel. not saying the red panel looks bad, but it just makes the rear end of the car jump out at you. i recently nightshaded my taillights which brings it all together and makes it look 100% better.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Alrighty, so by the looks of it, most of the crowd is not receptive to change and are perfectly happy with what is status quo. Buuut there are some who do like my idea and there are those are iffy. So I took the most popular suggestions and came up with this. I'm really diggin it fellas I hope you do too. If not then on you!

Last edited by kraaazymike; 10-27-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally really like your idea Krazymike. But do think that without any badges it kinda looks like a T/A, not that that is a bad thing.
James
Old 10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alrighty, so by the looks of it, most of the crowd is not receptive to change and are perfectly happy with what is status quo. Buuut there are some who do like my idea and there are those are iffy. So I took the most popular suggestions and came up with this. I'm really diggin it fellas I hope you do too. If not then on you!

add some black outs... that would look hot
Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]
This is going to cost triple what a normal Berger mod will cost. Here you are looking at shaving the rear CAMARO and hatch key hole. Painting half of the rear valance and part of the rear hatch. You will have a small lip where the black stops going straight across the rear panel on your car. It's not a big deal (I have the same lip on my hood, just things to think about). If you don't do body work yourself this could be alot more expensive. Also are you going to paint the top half of the rear valance, the part that shows when the rear hatch is up?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Also are you going to paint the top half of the rear valance, the part that shows when the rear hatch is up?
Youd pretty much have to. Otherwise Id think the original paint would show through the crack between the hatch and panel. I know itll cost more but personally I'm the type to go the extra length to be different/do things that I like. But then again I know how to do the stuff myself so I'm a little bias.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

put on the SS emblem and some export tails... and it will be holy damn
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
add some black outs... that would look hot
You guys are a tough crowd, glad I'm not a new and upcomping product developer

Quick Reply: My thoughts on the berger panel...