Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Stolen pictures on ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the scam is that they dont put an actual buy it now, they list it in the discription for people hoping to get a good deal, so that they then contact the 'seller' privately about the buy it now price. the seller usually has some sort of story about the car is overseas and blahblah send me a downpayment and then money to ship the car over blah scam scam blah.
same thing happened to a members car over here:
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...light=darkecho
this guy got caught and ended the item from all the people contacting him to point out he stole everything right out of the cardomain page.
we should do the same with this guy.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Teching In

I contacted the seller today. This is what I said ( Hi, I would like to do the buy it now on your car but there is no buy it now button. Where should I send the money to. I can send a money order right away, I want this car before Christmas. I can send the money today if you can get me your address, and then you can cancell the auction. I will express mail the money order). He wrote me back and this is what he said ( What is your name and address? I will contact ebay to have them send you payment arrangements once I have your information). This is the biggest idiot scam that I have ever seen.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Teching In

I also contacted ebay under their fraud alert. I gave them the item number so they should be checking on it shortly. Hopefully before the auction ends and some sucker loses their money.(even though all the people bidding have 0 feedback and is really the seller using his many crappy ebay accounts to bid on his own fake car).
Old 12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The owners name is Greg, and is alive and healthy -- his car was at Camaro Superfest just this past July. I had a live chat with an ebay represenative, and they forwarded it to their fraud department. Said to "check back in 24 hours."
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Greg would NEVER sell that car nor would his father(he owns a stage II Hot Rod car). Not to mention I just saw him at the Berger show Labor Day weekend. I hate stupid *** scammers!!!! I wish I knew Greg's number, I'd call him and let him know.

EDIT: I just e-mailed Doug from the West Michigan Camaro club who hopefully will give Greg a call about this.

Last edited by GETGONE; 12-12-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

sent him a nice little email
Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I dont believe this kind of ****!! I hope that ******* can be track down and put into jail....or at least get his *** kicked!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am sending this to the people who bidded "the camaro you are bidding on is a scam, read this https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...2&page=2&pp=20 retract your bid and report seller" is this ok or will ls1tech get in trouble for it being from this site?, let me know before i do it
Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It shouldn't get the site in trouble. But honestly why bother? Everyone's emails to the guy does nothing, and the emails to the bidders does nothing. Yes I understand no one wants to see someone get screwed, but once you win this "car" and he gives you some cookyass payment method, some flag should go off in your head and check his creditials. If youer dumb enough not to...then you should get screwed.
Plus anyone that's gonna buy this car just from looking at it knows it's not a 6er.
Leave well alone Ebay knows about it I'm sure whose ever car it is knows about it...so whats the point?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Scam.. that car is NOT in Pasadena..

Tell him you have someone to come inspect the car (me).. I am local and would be happy to go over there.. lol

Hey Steve, I would love to have you CA guys go over and beat some sense into this *******!

Thanks for all the support guys!
Tonight I got a call on my cell phone from my wife and she says "Guess What? You car is for sale on eBay for $3,000!" I was like WTF are you talking about!

Obviously my car is NOT for sale and this tool has jacked my pictures for his sorry *** ad on eBay. He even copied my description WORD for WORD from my webpage. He is so stupid that in one of the stolen pictures he even left my SS LS1 MICHIGAN licence plate on the car.

He did not jack my eBay account as the selling account is not me but I bet he jacked an account from another innocent victim.

I'm not sure if I should be upset or flattered as this is the second time someone has tried to claim my car was theirs. This summer I had a dumbass in Detroit who went on his local muscle car club website posting pictures of my car stating it was his bla, bla, bla. I joined the site just to set the record straight and keep some a-hole from giving me a bad rap with fellow car people . Several Members replied stating that they knew it was not his car as he has done this a couple times before with pictures of cars owned by some of the local guys . Now that is truly sad that he must try to live his pathetic life through pictures he found on the internet.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here who contacted me, the bidders, and eBay about this fraud auction. It's a shame this happens but I have seen it many times before on everything from Jetskis to tractors to cars.......... just not my own!

I have too many plans for my car that there is no way I'm selling it anytime soon................. well not for $3,000! LOL

Thanks for all the support from our LS1Tech members!!

Greg AKA SS LS1
Old 12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope to see your car again at Superfest!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Glad to see you got the message Greg. I had e-mailed Doug hoping he'd have a phone number to call you about this. Too bad you're car's so awesome people have to "cyber jack" it!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS LS1
I'm not sure if I should be upset or flattered as this is the second time someone has tried to claim my car was theirs.
Third. I just stole your car internet style.

*peels out*
Old 12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The auction just ended....******* *******! He should be found and taken care off...Those ******* at Ebay dont explain what really happened. It just says it was ended early due to an error in the reserve and buy it now price. They are covering up a scam damn it!!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

ss ls1 so will you take 4k hehe j/k bad *** car though
Old 12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chaman
The auction just ended....******* *******! He should be found and taken care off...Those ******* at Ebay dont explain what really happened. It just says it was ended early due to an error in the reserve and buy it now price. They are covering up a scam damn it!!
of course they aren't going to say exactly what happened, they have an *** to cover... they don't want to lose future e-Bay consumers as a result of a bad apple.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ss LS1, you should have bought it and then you would have twins! Glad someone caught it and it sucks that this **** happens! I like Ebay, but these kind of things make me think its just a matter of time I get scammed for the 2nd time!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

It's also highly probable that the account used to sell the car was hacked by someone else to list it. Based on the guys feedback he buys alot, not sells.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a98ws6
ss LS1, you should have bought it and then you would have twins!

That's what I told my wife on the phone...... If he has a Buy It Now option I should have clicked on it and when that a-hole asked for his money I could just tell him "Thanks for the quick delivery the car is already parked in my garage!"

What is confusing to me is that I have 2 windows open right now with the auction listing (one before and one after it ended) and when the auction was active the sellers name was member082541 but now that the auctin has ended the sellers name is battlestarkramer for the same auction. How can this be?? Any ideas or is eBay security really that bad with peoples accounts?

Greg

Quick Reply: Stolen pictures on ebay.....