Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Should I keep the red?
Keep the red it just works
63.77%
Go green!
36.23%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have thought about it and I think the green in any shade isnt going to work out for me. I like the way the red looks on the interior too much to change to such a drastic color on the outside. I am still open to other suggestions, gold is not an option, I really hate the way gold looks on any car.

What is it that you guys dont like about the red on the outside ? Just the vents? or the amount of contrast it has with the black ?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna
What is it that you guys dont like about the red on the outside ? Just the vents? or the amount of contrast it has with the black ?
The black is dark, clean, and classy. Then you throw in some bright almost cartoony color of red and it just does not go together. The same thing happens with the green but amplified 10 fold.

I'm all about you doing something different with your car if you want to though, just need to go back to the drawing board. I think some shades of blue could look really good (definitely not like a baby blue or sky blue, more of a medium to dark blue). I would like to see what it would look like as I can't remember the last blue and black car I saw on here, but there are tons of red and black.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
they're both tacky as all hell
We tend to think the same....
imo, there both ****** ugly
Old 12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Looks good in red or maybe silver.

But green???
Old 12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I think at this point if I change anything at all it I will be blacking everything out and removing the Formula badges from the doors. I would really like to just remove those side vents all together and fill them in but that is probably not going to happen.

I am going to play around with a charcoal color, and a dark to medium blue color.

I really want to change the exterior but I dont want to lose the red stuff on the interior.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

keep it red or try a much darker green color
Old 12-18-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think at this point if I change anything at all it I will be blacking everything out and removing the Formula badges from the doors. I would really like to just remove those side vents all together and fill them in but that is probably not going to happen.

I am going to play around with a charcoal color, and a dark to medium blue color.

I really want to change the exterior but I dont want to lose the red stuff on the interior.
Before I decided on my new scheme, I was toying with the idea of black and electron blue..would love to see what that looks like. just anothe suggestion.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think either choice looks good. The vents should have been left black so they don't stand out so much, the rest of the decals you want should be either stainless steel/silver.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not doing silver / stainless either, there is no doubt that they look good, but there is nothing more overdone on an F-Body than silver on black
Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM
SSU, come over and relax

I'm not doing silver / stainless either, there is no doubt that they look good, but there is nothing more overdone on an F-Body than silver on black

haha yeah but there is a reason why it is overdone
Old 12-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

i like the green it gives it that... GRAVE DIGGER LOOK!!!!! I love grave digger!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

I like the green, something very different, but if you are totally blowing that color off, then how bout something like a medium blue metallic (baby blue or whatever)? If I had a black car I would do the black and blue!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kTkz2800
i like the green it gives it that... GRAVE DIGGER LOOK!!!!! I love grave digger!
sprout your mullets, the black/green fad is on it's way folks!

Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

The key here is ACCENT. Not every bump and curve. I kind of like either one on what you've done. I would definitely do the calipers to match. I did mine in red on a white SS and they are awesome. You just gotta start with a few Accents and ease into it. Whatever you do, do the calipers too. $25 from G2 and a few hours can make them look awesome. just wire brush the crap out of them to get them spotless. The green is cool , blue would be good. You can really do anything since it is black. Just remember accent.

Its like my dad used to say as I was putting butter on toast ....It's a condiment...not a topping.

Good luck and definitely try something different. Great thinking.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sprout your mullets, the black/green fad is on it's way folks!

why don't you just stop posting in here? You never have any positive input anyway, you're just a troll to this thread and most of the time, the entire appearance forum...

I think a little darker green would work, but I like red and black. Steel inserts are over played, you're doing it to be different, not be average joe schmo.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

I am going to play around with a charcoal color

atta boy! thats much better, you want something that will have contrast with black... stainless steel, charcoal, are all GREAT options... just have fun with it, and please change your interior to a darker color, the red just looks wayy to srtong...

good luck man!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by meissenation
why don't you just stop posting in here? You never have any positive input anyway, you're just a troll to this thread and most of the time, the entire appearance forum...

I think a little darker green would work, but I like red and black. Steel inserts are over played, you're doing it to be different, not be average joe schmo.
sure i have positive input... i also have negative input. not all input should be positive when people are throwing ideas around.

and why don't you just stop posting in here? our eyes have bled enough by having to look at your heap of **** V6.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and why don't you just stop posting in here? our eyes have bled enough by having to look at your heap of **** V6.
Because unlike you, 90% of the posts I make are helping answer questions, or constructive, mature criticism on someone's idea, not "it looks like ****"
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are set on the colors,go red.Silver, chrome would clean it up.My son has a GTP Grand prix, and he finally pulled the red off and went with chrome, looks so much better.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by meissenation
Because unlike you, 90% of the posts I make are helping answer questions, or constructive, mature criticism on someone's idea, not "it looks like ****"
we're takin' this to PM

Quick Reply: Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*