Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Should I keep the red?
Keep the red it just works
63.77%
Go green!
36.23%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to go for the green. Although I don't really like it on the back of the car. The green vents and Firebird logo look better to me in green though.

I'd have to say green. That color green on black can be sexy on a clean car. Especially in such moderation.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have decided not to go with the green and here is why and what I plan to do.

I do really like the way the green looks but.... I really love the red interior and plan to continue the red accents on the interior and convert everything that is gray to black. Hopefully a very glossy black that would match the depth of the exterior paint.

Because I plan to keep the red interior I obviously cannot change to a green scheme on the outside because it would look horrible

My plans for the exterior will probably be to paint the vents back to black and remove the formula badging from the door and all of the red vinyl except something on the rear whether it is going to be the bird the formula or the pontiac i am not sure, I may remove all of it and get stainless pontiac inserts ONLY , nothing else stainless. The foglights, DRLs, and taillights will all be blacked out and of course the windows will be tinted.

The details of the interior are a secret for now.

Any suggestions on what the *** end of the car should look like ?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

why green stick with red if you like it painted
Old 12-19-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I am sticking with the red..........................
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luna
I am sticking with the red..........................
Hey man, were you out in Orland today? On LaGrange...because I think I saw you car. If it's yours (had red accents and all), it looks NICE. We still gotta roll out when the weather stops being shitty...we have time.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

lol actually I was going to go to orland today but with the cold weather and my dying battery I was afraid I was going to be stranded,so no it wasnt me. Once the spring comes and I can get my regular tires back on Id love to go cruisin with ya and some other LS1ers!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Try silver or gold. Also how do you get your picks to be so big when they only
let you make it to one certain size? It will say (100_0082.JPG:
File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 100.0 KB. Your file is 846.3 KB.) What do I have to do!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I say go silver, since I already saw one black Firebird around Orland with red accents...haha.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
they're both tacky as all hell
You can call me a troll too... Everything this guy has said about someones car I fell the same way about. This one is no different. In my opinion there is no reason why you should go with an off the wall green color just because it is "different". The red looks just as bad as the green... Whats the point in painting the non functional vents red anyway?
Silver02TA... Your car is ****** beautiful! In my opinion everything you have done to that car is perfect... not overdone... It's just right! Slowly im going for the same look with my silver ws.6
Old 12-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Looking for the "Neither" option myself.

Gunmetal
Stainless/Chrome
Silver
Gold

Also, black reflective would be a very nice idea IMO. Subtle, but it would be different.

If you go with another color and not a "metal" or "metallic" tone, it needs to be something really custom and complimentary, not two solid colors just thrown on the car. One of the downsides to black, hard to find unique complimentary colors. Just my two pennies.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I was thinking about black reflective but I thought it would look kinda stupid during the day
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

I don't care for either color, both do look good, but not something I would do with my car. I would like to see a lighter and darker blue however, that might look good too. Good luck with whatever you do, Its definately unique with the green and if it makes you happy, then thats all that matters!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont you do one letter green and the other red, its christmas time and just thought Id chime in. BTW, happy holidays.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Yuck.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Luna
You dont like anything, I'm not sure why you even bother coming in the appearance section
Actually, he has the best looking Trans Am on this site. Green is terrible, but red and black are extremely overdone as well, so go get some metal inserts.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Id go with silver or grey
Old 12-21-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone bitching at Silver02TA for having good taste in cars is exactly whats is wrong with this section. It used to be a great section where people like Steve2000SS, MadIce, and Xsta Z 28 used to post about their clean and subtle appearance mods... now there are threads about people wanting to use lime green decals on their cars. It's a shame.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

no green. red is okay, but I would try diff colors. Maybe silver or blue.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgs
Everyone bitching at Silver02TA for having good taste in cars is exactly whats is wrong with this section. It used to be a great section where people like Steve2000SS, MadIce, and Xsta Z 28 used to post about their clean and subtle appearance mods... now there are threads about people wanting to use lime green decals on their cars. It's a shame.
The shame is that everyone can't post their appearance mods. Steve and them can all post their subtle appearance mods, who's going to flame them? There's no reason for them NOT to post their appearance mods. What's a shame is that people can't post ideas about different appearance mods without getting flamed. Yes, Silver02TA has a nice car himself, no one's denying him that. The shame is that so many people here have to be disrespectful and rude when it comes to giving their opinion on someone else's idea or mod. It's one thing to say "I dont think either of those colors would look good" and it's another to say "they're tacky as ****. " One is just giving an opinion in a mature fashion, the other's just immature and rude. If you can't appropriately give your opinion without being rude and disrespectful to the original author of the post (and I'm speaking in general here...) then that's a major problem, especially when it seems to be occuring on a regular basis with some of the people that visit this site. It's a real disgrace that people can't come on here and feel free to share their appearance mods without wondering whether or not their idea is going to turn into a bashfest. I myself couldn't care less, bring it on, hell I have a thread just for people to bash, but some people are just turned away from this forum by the level of constant bashing that's going on with appearance mods. Halos are rice, the dick harrel spoiler is rice, bodykits are rice, the WS6 hood on the Camaro is rice, this is rice, that is rice. It's disgusting. The funny part is that leaving your hood painted black would be considered rice here because oh god the import crowd does it, but the Berger panel is Yeesh.

Last edited by meissenation; 12-21-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Out of the 2 choices I would get the red.

Quick Reply: Help me decide keep the red or go green! *pics & poll*