Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My Fiance Bought Me A Pair Of Recaro Sport Topline Seats For Christmas!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao dude, no one is being "jealous". but, you could learn to toot your own horn a little less
if someone wanted to buy me $4k seats i probably wouldnt let them, regardless of what tax bracket i'm in, or will ever be in.
but i'm happy that you and your chick are happy and buy each other ****, as such.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 AM
On The Tree

actually, that would be jealousy
Old 12-27-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaljohn
actually, that would be jealousy
lol ok... you figured me out

i couldn't care less what other people have or do, i'm quite content with my life as it is. i dont need anything and i consider that alone to be very fortunate.
it just gets old hearing/reading people brag about their posessions/gf/life/etc...and i'm not talking about this thread in general, just certain parts/posts. hell, i like to show off my new **** i get for my car and what not as well, thats what this site is for.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
hell, i like to show off my new **** i get for my car and what not as well, thats what this site is for.
No, but that's what this section of the site is for.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on the seats and the enagement. Deffinetly post up some pics of the new seats when they get installed and the new Fiance!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Bunch of newb haters

Leather Black/Red Dinamica Suede. Seat price listed is per seat. Harness' add a few hundred extra plus tax and shipping, yada, yada . . . well it's a tad over $4K

I understand that everyone is in a different tax bracket and there are those on this forum that make a lot more money than I do but a $4K purchase is not a big deal to me or Her.

If I wanted a new motor, I'd buy one

If I wanted a twin-turbo 427 for my Firehawk I could buy one. If I wanted a TT Lingenfelter C5 ZO6 I could have that as well. If I wanted a Turbo Porsche I could have that; but I LOVE AMERICAN MUSCLE We didn't make what modest money we have by doing every impulse buy that came along

I could have gotten another car instead of my Firehawk but it is the car I had wanted for some time when purchased

I am very fortunate to be able to purchase the things I want when I want them and I am thankful that I am able to do so.
Just because some people don't agree with what you buy does not necessarily mean that they are jealous. Most people on this site are gearheads and lean more towards performance mods than, uhhh, seat mods???

That is great that you have enough money that 4k is no big deal, but then why did you make a point of posting how much it cost? A lot of people on this site have spent big money on their cars, but MOST don't go around telling everyone how much everything they buy cost them.

And it is wonderful that your girl buys stuff for your car... Just don't expect that everytime you post up what you or your girl bought that everyone is going to agree with it. Especially when you post up ridiculously high prices.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Bunch of newb haters

Leather Black/Red Dinamica Suede. Seat price listed is per seat. Harness' add a few hundred extra plus tax and shipping, yada, yada . . . well it's a tad over $4K

I understand that everyone is in a different tax bracket and there are those on this forum that make a lot more money than I do but a $4K purchase is not a big deal to me or Her.

If I wanted a new motor, I'd buy one

If I wanted a twin-turbo 427 for my Firehawk I could buy one. If I wanted a TT Lingenfelter C5 ZO6 I could have that as well. If I wanted a Turbo Porsche I could have that; but I LOVE AMERICAN MUSCLE We didn't make what modest money we have by doing every impulse buy that came along

I could have gotten another car instead of my Firehawk but it is the car I had wanted for some time when purchased

I am very fortunate to be able to purchase the things I want when I want them and I am thankful that I am able to do so.

Oh . . . and the power mods listed in my sig aren't all of my power mods

+600 rwhp is all I want for now

To those that haven't been inconsiderate or rude with jealousy I hope you have safe and happy holidays . . . the others are obviously unhappy with their current state of affairs.

The reason for my thread post was that my Fiance is such a car Girl that She did make a decent purchase for me solely based on my car . . . not every Girl would purchase something for one's car as one of the presents for Christmas

It's just a material object . . . the thought and gesture is worth millions to me

I retract an earlier statement . . . I hope all of you have safe and happy holidays.

A few negative comments can't ruin my mood . . . I got engaged to the best Girl I've ever met or could even dream of!

That's like masturbating with a keyboard...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wink

I have to agree with some of the guys here because thats very high for car seats, but all it matters is that you like them. and U better enjoy them Congrats with your girl she is a keeper. If my husband wanted 4k seats i would buy them as long as he is happy
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Just because some people don't agree with what you buy does not necessarily mean that they are jealous. Most people on this site are gearheads and lean more towards performance mods than, uhhh, seat mods???

That is great that you have enough money that 4k is no big deal, but then why did you make a point of posting how much it cost? A lot of people on this site have spent big money on their cars, but MOST don't go around telling everyone how much everything they buy cost them.

And it is wonderful that your girl buys stuff for your car... Just don't expect that everytime you post up what you or your girl bought that everyone is going to agree with it. Especially when you post up ridiculously high prices.
Thats very true most people here worry whats under their hood first.. at least i do.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like seats, they are cool. I am about to buy some (different style) because stock Camaro seats SUCK and my car has alot of suspension mods I would like to put to use.

With that said, $4000 for THOSE seats seemed retarded. Not that they aren't nice, they are.

I just think they should go back to the Porsche dealer and be bought through someone who will at least give you a little reach around while they are f@cking you in the @ss .

REGARDLESS, they are cool seats, enjoy the **** out of them and:

I want pics !
Old 12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Screw all the haters, so you want/have some fancy *** seats, who cares. atleast your car has the potential of needing them!

Old 12-27-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD

I want pics !
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah pics would be good!!!

Quick Reply: My Fiance Bought Me A Pair Of Recaro Sport Topline Seats For Christmas!!!!!!!