Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

UnderbodyNeons

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some white ones would look nice since it would look heavenly I suppose, lol, Sure its rice but if you think it looks good and your fast then why would it be rice?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meissenation
Huh, that's funny. Back in the day, underbody neons were very popular with mopar and trucks. You realize that the import crowd had to get the idea from somewhere, underbody neons were around long before the imports.

Regardless of the close mindedness that you'll obviously see on this board, the neons are pretty cool. I personally went with underbody LEDs instead, as they'll be a little more rugged and won't break as easilly. I haven't installed them yet, though, waiting for one of my days off to have nice weather so I can install it. Nothing wrong at all with wanting your car to stand out. And fact of the matter is, a lot of guys that at stuff they read on here, if they saw it in person, they'd go "Hey, that's cool.." It's just easy to be an e-punk on a message board.

Amen brotha! Ive noticed the extreme closemindedness on this board and with domestics in general. Neons were around looong before the import crowd started using them. I used to have 3 different sets on my older 3rd gen (92 25th) and I would get complimets every night and never one "rice" comment or even a bad comment at all. It seems if the car isnt stock or if you personalize it, its rice. People really need to learn what rice really is since it isnt doing appearence mods.

Ill have a set on mine soon. Im going with purple since I have a purple and black theme going on already. Its all on how they are installed. If you can any of the tubes, its ugly and looks very bad, but if all you see is the glow, it looks good.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a kit on mine, the only reason I toke them off is problems with them. I am thinking of getting another set.
Here is a pic but it is during the day and the pic is not the best.
I also know for a fact that hot rods had them long before imports.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Wait didn't hot Rods have neons on then before "The Fast and the Furious" series came out, so wouldn't that go back to tradition hot rod/muscle cars?

Hey man, it's your car...If you like them, then enjoy it...I have seen them on cars and am a fan as I have a kit...

Yeah alot of mopars did... fo real!

Uncle had a road runner with some on it....

Ever since that god awful movie came out, you can't do anything to cars anymore without it being called rice by "purists"....

But do I want neons on my car? Naaa, not today, not on this car, but I won't flame or bash anyone for doing something different, they'll probably come back into style like everything else.

On a side note: If any of you "ricers" out there are tired of your cars I'll take a 71 'cuda with neons straight up for my car right now, TODAY lol.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_
So if I found a way to light up the bird between the taillights on my car, and used a neon light I guess I would be a ricer...lol
... YEP... to some here, its either black or white there is absolutely NO GRAY AREA HERE...

move along people, theres nothing to see here
Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

not for me. does that make me an "e-punk"?? oh well. but do what you will, it is your car, not anyone elses.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver30th
regarding meissens post, i think if i saw it in person i'd still say it looks like ***. ever since my friends ex gf put pink neons on her celica, just gave um an even worse name.
But if you saw a lowered LT1 Camaro, all blacked out, 2" drop at an evening cruise-in with a red glow from under the car... you'd go "Whoa, cool."

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
not for me. does that make me an "e-punk"?? oh well. but do what you will, it is your car, not anyone elses.
Nah, you're mature about stating your opinions, so you don't count in the "e-punk" crowd.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

So I'm confused your quoting me on, and jokin at my post sayin obviously in your wording, in a sarcastic way that it's not true...

Yet you all are into my car, and build....So you still plan on calling it rice? I guess I'm RICE since I did the Targa Top Mod, and painted interior panels....Not to mention LED work....Rriiiight
Old 02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the whole thread is funny to read... i personally would not put them on, but if you like them go for it is kind of kool to see them around ,,, and people really do have to learn the meaning of Ricer.
it has almost become stupid, if you dont like it than is rice oh well
Old 02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Sheesh. Everyone needs to just calm down and quit being so defensive. Yeah, "do what you want to - it's your car"... We get it already. Talk about over-used cliches!! If you post a thread asking for opinions, any comment is fair game, be it positive or be it negative. Ultimately, the guy is gonna do what he's gonna do which makes this thread irrelavent. Post up some pics and let the opinions fly. As long as it's not a personal attack on someone, who gives a ****, right?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rotweiler-ws6
Sheesh. Everyone needs to just calm down and quit being so defensive. Yeah, "do what you want to - it's your car"... We get it already. Talk about over-used cliches!! If you post a thread asking for opinions, any comment is fair game, be it positive or be it negative. Ultimately, the guy is gonna do what he's gonna do which makes this thread irrelavent. Post up some pics and let the opinions fly. As long as it's not a personal attack on someone, who gives a ****, right?
very true and i do agree with you, if you are asking for opinions you better be prepare for some heat. But he only asked if anybody else had them on.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

I have LED's under my car. They allow you to have multiple color choices to use and even pattern choices. As for everyone talking down on them, it's amazing how much crap people will talk when they don't have to face you one on one. You look at this thread and you'd think there isn't a muscle car owner out there that would like them. Thats funny though because I've got nothing but compliments on them and they don't come from ricers..... But I guess this isn't the appearence section where we all come to do things different then stock.....
Old 02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
So I'm confused your quoting me on, and jokin at my post sayin obviously in your wording, in a sarcastic way that it's not true...

Yet you all are into my car, and build....So you still plan on calling it rice? I guess I'm RICE since I did the Targa Top Mod, and painted interior panels....Not to mention LED work....Rriiiight

Are you talking to me? I wasn't being sarcastic, I agree with you. Maybe you weren't talking to me.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you were talking to me, I was quoting you because I made reference to the Gay & The Curious. My uncle did have neons on his old muscle car. I would trade my car straight up for a 71 cuda with neons. I don't want the neons on my current car, but I can see why people do and don't have a problem with it all. I'm sorry if my post was confusing and/or offensive to you, cause it wasn't meant to be at all.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a set of red LEDs under the car and hood. Have had nothing but compliments and attention from them. The red glow coming from the ram air looks pretty sick IMO. I'm going to hold onto them.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
hmmm.....35th aniversary T/A's dont come with white and blue stripes....being that I have a 35th Aniversary T/A and they only were issued in 2002 in Yellow with Black pin stripping and a special collectors edition "screaming chicken" decal/ embrodary pacakage i would highly doubt that you ever saw a 35th aniversary T/A that was white and blue....but hey who knows right maybe pigs can fly too
Have you not heard of paint and aftermarket parts? If mine was mustard yellow I would paint it to....

Last edited by Onez4u2bn; 02-09-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont have them on my car yet but i will over the summer. i plan on doing either a black light style, or red. but since everyone does red im considering the black light more and more, plus ive never seen any other cars with it. im all for it
Old 02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Onez4u2bn
Have you not heard of paint and aftermarket parts? If mine was mustard yellow I would paint it to....

You must be color blind....or maybe just lack that part of the brain that contemplates good looks.....either way my car is not painted "mustard yellow" but thank you for you open display of ignorance!!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I seen a bad *** silver ss that had green neons ( car was lowerd btw ) and it looked bad, ***. BTW it was in the stageing lanes of my local track and she ran a low 12...
Old 02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I realize that this is a hot, flame-worthy topic, but let's keep it on track and stop the bickering...thanks.

Quick Reply: UnderbodyNeons