Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

UnderbodyNeons

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a White Formula with blue underbody lights.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/811746
Old 02-11-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GotV-8
That car..... .

I have seen better examples of neons. Hope somebody post some.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now wait.... heres an idea.... if you dont like it, who cares and why post here? He didnt ask for your opinions. He asked if anyone had them. I might think a lot of yall "personal mods" look like complete **** (like the billet grill insert... its not stock, so its rice, right?) but I dont go throwing the rice term everywhere.

Now lets keep this thread civil please.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GotV-8
The blue on white is nice, but the way he has it set up just ruins the look of it I think. The one I saw at a show you could not see the tubes, and it lit up the entire ground under the car, rather than a strip on each side and a strip on the front and back. It also lit up the back of the wheels, which were also blue. It looked sick. I think it is all in the way it is presented.

Oh and for the 30th anniversary car in 1997 not 1999...you are right...so the car I saw was not an anniversary model then, not sure what it was called, but it was that special edition that came with blue stripes and blue wheels, whatever the hell that edition is.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

A lot of you remind me of Uncle Rico from that Napolean Dynamite movie you know that "man if I could go back to 1982 I would of won state"

Have an open mind on things, you might surprise yourself on what looks good on the car, not all of us want some 700hp track only car. I have seen red on a black T/A and I thought it looked pretty nice. Would I do it? Hell no, I've had them before on my Grand Prix and keeping those things clean to give it the glow it needs, not to mention getting them tucked under good enough so if you hit something hard you don't take one off or break it (lexon isn't indestructable) made it feel like a waste of $100+ for a full kit. Neons are for shows flat out...ricers are the ones who made it the everday thing.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

I've seen some neons and leds on f-bodys. Some of them look damn good and others, well, you guys know. But, opinions are like ********, everybodys got one.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

mine underbody kit lights up all of the underside of the car, and even when i pop the hood it lights up the engine bay pretty well. ive gotten nothing but compliments on mine but to each his own, and to me the streetglow is the best underbody kit if your gonna do it, non of that LED **** those are useless.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
The blue on white is nice, but the way he has it set up just ruins the look of it I think. The one I saw at a show you could not see the tubes, and it lit up the entire ground under the car, rather than a strip on each side and a strip on the front and back. It also lit up the back of the wheels, which were also blue. It looked sick. I think it is all in the way it is presented.

Oh and for the 30th anniversary car in 1997 not 1999...you are right...so the car I saw was not an anniversary model then, not sure what it was called, but it was that special edition that came with blue stripes and blue wheels, whatever the hell that edition is.
The first Trans Am wasn't manufactured until the 1969 model year. Therefore, the 30th anniversary Trans Am was the 1999 model year.

Here's some more info if you need it: http://www.tripletransam.com/30th1.html
Old 02-14-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wannabe
The first Trans Am wasn't manufactured until the 1969 model year. Therefore, the 30th anniversary Trans Am was the 1999 model year.

Here's some more info if you need it: http://www.tripletransam.com/30th1.html

SCORE!!!! I knew I had some idea of what I was talking about. Thanks for clearing that all up

After seeing a picture of that car I think I want to make mine look like that!!! I love that car.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
mine underbody kit lights up all of the underside of the car, and even when i pop the hood it lights up the engine bay pretty well. ive gotten nothing but compliments on mine but to each his own, and to me the streetglow is the best underbody kit if your gonna do it, non of that LED **** those are useless.
LED= Useless? Ummm...LED is brighter than your standard neons. Streetglow makes LED underglow neons. LED is the type of light not brand. I'm not sure what you are getting at?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Launching!

ive seen blur neon on a black camaro and red and purple leds on a 1500 hp dodge truck i liked those but i hate most cars that have them because there riced out s**t hogs
Old 02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

How do neons look under the hood to light up stuff? Look cool if done right or total negative? Just an idea since im looking to spice up under my hood, how would you go about this?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Quick Reply: UnderbodyNeons